The new Tesla Roadster

Started by Payman, November 17, 2017, 10:35:50 AM

ChrisV

While not a Tesla fanboi, I have to admit a lot of you sound like you did when Tesla said they were going to make a fast, long range luxury sedan back when all they were making was electric Lotuses. Then the Model S arrived and with it, a rapidly expanding charging infrastructure (that burned through cash, too). Then they said they'd make a CUV, to which everyone said was vaporware because it arrived late. But it's here, too and they are making a profit on them, as well. The Model 3 is in production, albeit slow, but it looks to be exactly what Tesla promised as far as spec. So they may be late, but I don't think I'd bet against them entirely. And at least the new Roadster isn't a 3D rendering, but a fully functional car that they let people test drive (how many concepts out there ever get that treatment?).

Oh, and now that they know that their luxury sedan (that was not meant to be tracked) can't handle a lap on the Ring without overheating, you don't think that they'll make sure that this car won't have the same issue? To be honest, unlike the Model 3, this is the kind of car they CAN make and sell easily and should be the arena they are playing in instead of the mass market.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

dazzleman

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on November 17, 2017, 03:11:59 PM
I am mostly a Musk fan and Tesla admirer, having loved my friend's P90D.

But....even I am starting to doubt Elon's ability to deliver on all these promises enough to keep the company afloat. He's sorta trying to crowdfund a car company with all the reservations and deposits.

As a customer, I am not very happy with my undelivered, no information at all battery reservation.

Did I miss something?   Did you get a Tesla?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on December 05, 2017, 06:00:56 PM
PowerWall.

Too bad.  Hector would get into a lot of trouble with a Tesla.  It would be lots of fun.  :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

2o6

I don't think it has the range for his commute

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 26, 2017, 06:07:31 PM
As long as they're noisy electrics. I get excited when I hear the UPS/Fedex truck coming down the street and know they have car parts for me.
Christmas everyday :lol:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Those UPS drivers go ham in those trucks.

MX793

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 06, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
Those UPS drivers go ham in those trucks.

I remember following a UPS truck through my neighborhood a couple of winter's ago and he was drifting around every turn.  I was impressed by how well he handled a large delivery van on those narrow, snowy streets.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on December 06, 2017, 12:57:56 PM
I remember following a UPS truck through my neighborhood a couple of winter's ago and he was drifting around every turn.  I was impressed by how well he handled a large delivery van on those narrow, snowy streets.

:rockon:

I drifted a Uhaul Jan2016. We had emptied our furniture and it was snowing all morning.    The longer the vehicle, the easier to control the drift.

In 2001 I was a brand-new Soldier assigned to do mail duty, which included driving a huge white breadtruck down tiny German streets. At first I was pretty careful but by the time I was done (6 months) I was whipping that thing anywhere and everywhere. I could back it up without anyone spotting me and get within about 2 in of the steps at our barracks. And some shenanigans. Unfortunately it never snowed while I was still working there.  :heated:
Will

giant_mtb

Epic.

Raza

And inside the car, I bet the driver was terrified around every turn.   :lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.