Can you have too many cars?

Started by Onslaught, February 12, 2018, 04:59:23 PM

Onslaught

Perhaps I should word this different. If I must work on a car for free outside of my job then it must be Japanese.

And I buy Japanese so I never have to work on them all that much.
bah weep granah weep nini bon

Laconian

How about an MX5 RF? It's not very practical but it's incredibly fun and the fuel economy is tops.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Lebowski

Quote from: Onslaught on February 13, 2018, 11:11:54 AM

Perhaps I should word this different. If I must work on a car for free outside of my job then it must be Japanese.

And I buy Japanese so I never have to work on them all that much.

The CRV is Japanese and could replace all three.

Onslaught

Quote from: Laconian on February 13, 2018, 11:14:57 AM
How about an MX5 RF? It's not very practical but it's incredibly fun and the fuel economy is tops.

I can't fit in it. I'd sell my NA and RX and get a 6 and ND probably if I could fit in one. But I just can't. It has no head room at all.

2o6

AutobahnSHO

Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Onslaught on February 13, 2018, 11:26:04 AM
I can’t fit in it. I’d sell my NA and RX and get a 6 and ND probably if I could fit in one. But I just can’t. It has no head room at all.

Keep the truck, get regular cloth top Miata for good weather and CRV for rain. Get rid of the other cars.  :huh:
Will

Onslaught

So I must ask, when did the CRV become the must have car here?

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on February 13, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
So I must ask, when did the CRV become the must have car here?

Lebowski sold his M3 to get a car for his wife, and rotor lost his shit. Now we just troll and recommend CR-V's for anything now.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on February 13, 2018, 01:51:20 PM

Lebowski sold his M3 to get a car for his wife, and rotor lost his shit. Now we just troll and recommend CR-V's for anything now.

+ Morris' sweet MB vert got munched so he got a CR-V.
Will

Lebowski

Spinners en masse have been coming to the realization the CRV is a compelling package wrt value, practicality, features, reliability record etc plus most of us don't get to push our cars beyond 2-3/10ths very often anyway. A few get very angry about this yet do so only out of CRVenvy. Be careful, it runs deep in the 'Spin RX8 owners pool.

2o6

Quote from: Lebowski on February 13, 2018, 02:21:20 PM
Spinners en masse have been coming to the realization the CRV is a compelling package wrt value, practicality, features, reliability record etc plus most of us don't get to push our cars behind 2-3/10ths very often anyway. A few get very angry about this yet do so only out of CRVenvy. Be careful, it runs deep in the 'Spin RX8 owners pool.

so is this admitting you and Cougs are the same person?

Xer0

Personally, I wouldn't sell the RX-8.  Those things have pretty crap resale value and you won't really make anything out of it. Plus, it sounds like you enjoy it a lot and doesn't seem to give you problems and there is literally nothing out there like it to replace it with.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that the perfect garage is 4 vehicles.  Obviously, if you can have more by all means do it, but at 4 each marginal vehicle provides diminishing returns of happiness.  This is all scientifically proven.

Lebowski

Quote from: 2o6 on February 13, 2018, 02:39:31 PM

so is this admitting you and Cougs are the same person?

I think Gougs prefers the Camry. 

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Lebowski on February 13, 2018, 02:50:59 PM

I think Gougs prefers the Camry.
Makes stoplight lunch meat of the poster class while retaining Consumer Reports highest honors
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on February 13, 2018, 08:41:55 AM
Hold on guys, this wasn't a "what kind of car should I get" thing. No way in hell I'm buying a Fiat. Have any of you ever worked on one before?

Nissan/ Infiniti
Mazda
Toyota/ Lexus
Subaru
Possibly Honda/ Acura even if they're difficult to work on.

Those are the brands I'll buy. I'll never buy a car from Europe because I don't like working on them. Driving, sure but not working. I refuse to work on VW's and Audi's at work I hate them so much.

I don't hate Ford or Chevy like I did in past but I don't really care for them.

Chrysler/Jeep/ Dodge can go fuck themselves

The Fiat is not a Fiat.  It's a Mazda.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  on February 13, 2018, 04:47:07 PM
The Fiat is not a Fiat.  It's a Mazda.
Not the 500. And I like the MX-5 way more then the Fiat spider. I'm not a fan of the front or rear of the Fiat.

But I'm not buying another small car anyway.

r0tor

Quote from: Xer0 on February 13, 2018, 02:43:50 PM
Personally, I wouldn't sell the RX-8.  Those things have pretty crap resale value and you won't really make anything out of it. Plus, it sounds like you enjoy it a lot and doesn't seem to give you problems and there is literally nothing out there like it to replace it with.

This
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Will

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Onslaught

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 13, 2018, 06:06:19 PM
+1

Can't have enough garage.

Yes, I'd like a 3 car one with a golf simulator room too. But that's way down on my list of things to buy. It will be a few years.

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

GoCougs

Quote from: 2o6 on February 13, 2018, 01:51:20 PM

r0tor did lose his mind, and it was beautiful.

Onslaught

The guys on facebook know this but I sold the RX-8 yesterday. And I got a Mazda6 signature turbo in soul red crystal. It wasn't an easy thing to do to let the 8 go but I have no logical need or room right at the moment for 4 cars. And I'd rather have an FD RX-7 then an RX-8 so that will be my focus for my future "toy" car.

AutobahnSHO

Will

12,000 RPM

Interesting. Yes, 6 turbo + FD3S is a very nice combo. Better hurry up getting that FD3S, they are going up in value.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Onslaught

I've already accepted that it will cost me north of $40K for an FD

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT