Volvo V60

Started by 2o6, February 21, 2018, 09:34:44 AM

veeman

It is beautiful.  Can't see many people buying it in the U.S. though (like an MB E class wagon). 

MexicoCityM3

Volvo, like Mercedes has been on a roll these past few years. Interiors are second to none, comfort and safety as well as exterior design are all excellent. Only the engines are lacking IMO.

Excellent choices for a DD almost any Volvo.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Laconian

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on February 21, 2018, 11:18:48 AM
Volvo, like Mercedes has been on a roll these past few years. Interiors are second to none, comfort and safety as well as exterior design are all excellent. Only the engines are lacking IMO.

Excellent choices for a DD almost any Volvo.

I've read that the S90's suffered some cost cutting.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Laconian on February 21, 2018, 11:23:36 AM
I've read that the S90's suffered some cost cutting.

I sat in one at the dealer and loved it. Do you mean model year to model year?
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

Payman

Gorgeous. But it's pull-cord start???

Xer0

Looks really nice.

I think Volvo made the right move on the engine.  Unless its a light little sports car so some performance machine where the sound and character of the engine mater, who cares what's under the hood.

12,000 RPM

No, engine notes still and always matter for much more than focused sports cars. But Volvo is OK, because they were never known for their characterful engines in the first place.

This vagon does look very nice. Curious to see if they make a LWB version, and to see what the sedan looks like.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 21, 2018, 01:14:09 PM
No, engine notes still and always matter for much more than focused sports cars. But Volvo is OK, because they were never known for their characterful engines in the first place.

This vagon does look very nice. Curious to see if they make a LWB version, and to see what the sedan looks like.

The LWB version exists its called V90.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

Xer0

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 21, 2018, 01:14:09 PM

This is confused.  Engine note maters, but not for Volvo because its never mattered for them in the first place?  So the engine wouldn't mater in a Volvo sports car by this logic?  That doesn't make sense.  The engines only point is motivation, anything else that it provides is only valuable depending on the application.  For the average Volvo that isn't much.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Xer0 on February 21, 2018, 01:33:52 PM
This is confused.  Engine note maters, but not for Volvo because its never mattered for them in the first place?  So the engine wouldn't mater in a Volvo sports car by this logic?  That doesn't make sense.  The engines only point is motivation, anything else that it provides is only valuable depending on the application.  For the average Volvo that isn't much.
Not confused at all. Being mad that Volvo doesn't make great engines is like being mad GM doesn't make sports cars. They never did in the first place so that expectation is stupid and baseless. A lot different than say if BMW ditched its 6s and 8s for hybrid 4s. Volvo's calling card has been safety FFS. Their iconic model is the 240. Anyone who would expect or hope for them to deviate from that is dumb.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Out of all the lux brands, Volvo and Lexus would get my money.

Xer0

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 21, 2018, 03:26:18 PM
Not confused at all. Being mad that Volvo doesn't make great engines is like being mad GM doesn't make sports cars. They never did in the first place so that expectation is stupid and baseless. A lot different than say if BMW ditched its 6s and 8s for hybrid 4s. Volvo's calling card has been safety FFS. Their iconic model is the 240. Anyone who would expect or hope for them to deviate from that is dumb.

Yes confused, and getting more confused.  No one is mad or expecting anything, so stop pulling strawmen out of your ass.  Its simple, the average buyer doesn't care about what is in Volvo's engine bay.  Your terrible example, BMW, is quickly phasing out all of its legendary engines with I4s and I3s; again people don't care.  Engine character maters based on the application and is similar to the transmission in what it provides to the experience, only more-so.  For Volvo, it doesn't care about catering to that so its decision on the engines is a good one.