Jaguar I-Pace

Started by Galaxy, March 01, 2018, 12:53:28 PM

Galaxy

Not bad at all.

90kWh Battery, range: 480km according to WLTP.

What I do not like compared to Tesla is the radiator grill at the front. On an E Car a fake radiator is as misplaced as a fake exhaust.

Galaxy

Payman

Quote from: Galaxy on March 01, 2018, 12:53:28 PM

Not bad at all.

90kWh Battery, range: 480km according to WLTP.

What I do not like compared to Tesla is the radiator grill at the front. On an E Car a fake radiator is as misplaced as a fake exhaust.

OMG I LOVE it. I like the fake grille... makes it look conventional. What a fantastic design.

2o6

+1, it's fantastic. If I had the money, it would be my pick.

However, I wonder about the US range? 90kwh is quite a bit bigger than the battery in the one in the Bolt, but the mile rating is lower than the Bolt. (The Ampera-E is rated at 530KM on the WTLP cycle) Where did all the range go? Even the old Model S P90D was rated for 300MI, which is way more than the Jag can do

MexicoCityM3

When? Real or vaporware?
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

2o6

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on March 01, 2018, 01:17:57 PM
When? Real or vaporware?

This is the production model. We've already had two concepts.

CaminoRacer

Looks like a Model X got squashed even more.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

2o6

Why is this not called E-Pace tho?

12,000 RPM

They already have an E-Pace

Don't know how I feel about it. Clearly styled for urbanites, but where can a condo dweller charge? I wish it took more advantage of the freedom enabled by electric propulsion as well. All electric cars should be as intense looking as the Fisker Karma IMO. Hopefully it does well
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Front end is cool. Profile is meh. Back end is a scrunched Cherokee.

r0tor

Interesting... But too little interior space for family Ute duty for me and not exactly something I'd flock to for the fun family ride either
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MexicoCityM3

Was getting excited until I got to the "priced to compete with the Model X". At those levels it´ll likely be too much. Let´s see what Jaguar does here locally, but already they tend to price themselves out of the market.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Submariner

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 01, 2018, 04:21:07 PM
They already have an E-Pace

Don't know how I feel about it. Clearly styled for urbanites, but where can a condo dweller charge? I wish it took more advantage of the freedom enabled by electric propulsion as well. All electric cars should be as intense looking as the Fisker Karma IMO. Hopefully it does well

Isn't the Karma back on the market?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

Quote from: Submariner on March 01, 2018, 09:21:47 PM

I thought Fisker went out of business because their incredibly expensive, piece of shit, ugly ass car kept setting itself on fire.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

I think it looks good but yeah if this is going to be priced like a Model X then I lose all interest.

2o6

The Fisker Karma was a striking design, but really compromised. It had no legroom, no shoulder room, and no headroom.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on March 02, 2018, 05:15:52 AM
I thought Fisker went out of business because their incredibly expensive, piece of shit, ugly ass car kept setting itself on fire.

Those things were GORGEOUS.
Will

AltinD

Quote from: Submariner on March 01, 2018, 09:21:47 PM

Yes, but I think they aren't fully electric anymore

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Laconian

They never were fully electric. They've always had an Ecotec 4 under the hood.

I sat in one, the interior packaging is abysmal for how large the car's exterior is. Really really bad.

They still sell them too. There's a car dealer that sells oddball Euro lux cars that added Fisker to its roster: Aston Martin, Saab, Lotus, Fisker.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2018, 07:26:42 AM
The Fisker Karma was a striking design, but really compromised. It had no legroom, no shoulder room, and no headroom.
Sometimes you have to sacrifice things for beauty

I think they could dial back the Fisker like 8 out of 10 and make it inhabitable for adult humans
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Tave

I sat in a Fisker, didn't have any issues. :huh:

Huge footprint though, woulda felt like driving an S-Class sized car w/ BRZ-like interior space.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

2o6

Quote from: Tave on March 10, 2018, 07:15:42 AM
I sat in a Fisker, didn't have any issues. :huh:

Huge footprint though, woulda felt like driving an S-Class sized car w/ BRZ-like interior space.

That's the compromised part I'm talking about.

ChrisV

The Jag is priced at $60k. Before the $7500 federal tax credit and whatever state credits are available. I want one. I find it beautiful.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9058786-Production-2019-Jaguar-I-Pace-unveiled-%97-A-394-hp-electric-crossover-with-240-miles-of-range&highlight=ipace

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Laconian

Wow, that's a screaming deal!!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SJ_GTI

Yeah 60k is not bad for this (from what I can tell, could end up not meeting expectations).

Will be curious to see if this is a hit or not.

veeman

This is cool.  Surprised that the first legit Tesla Model 3 competitor comes from Jaguar of all makes.  Not the German big 3, Japanese, Volvo, or American domestics. 

The Bolt or Leaf I don't really think are cross shopped with the Model 3.  May  be the Bolt is cross shopped. It's not selling so well in the US though.

If I had to choose between the Model 3 and this Jaguar, I think I'd still pick the Model 3 even with its weirdo interface single do everything screen.  I don't know but with Tesla, you feel like you're part of a movement ahead of it's time. 

SJ_GTI

Quote from: veeman on March 20, 2018, 09:16:11 AM
This is cool.  Surprised that the first legit Tesla Model 3 competitor comes from Jaguar of all makes.  Not the German big 3, Japanese, Volvo, or American domestics. 

The Bolt or Leaf I don't really think are cross shopped with the Model 3.  May  be the Bolt is cross shopped. It's not selling so well in the US though.

If I had to choose between the Model 3 and this Jaguar, I think I'd still pick the Model 3 even with its weirdo interface single do everything screen.  I don't know but with Tesla, you feel like you're part of a movement ahead of it's time.

To be fair, the Model 3 can still be significantly cheaper than the Jaguar depending on how you option it.

Payman

Grille is not fake... it's used for cooling. I love this thing.

MrH

Quote from: veeman on March 20, 2018, 09:16:11 AM

Give me the Jaguar for sure. Because it will actually exist in sufficient quantities.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV