What's your Uber score?

Started by Xer0, March 15, 2018, 09:04:44 AM

Xer0

I was talking to my friends and it seems I am significantly the lowest score out of all of them.  Through my powers of baseless guessing, I've come to the conclusion that its because I hate small talk.  I've noticed that all of my Uber drivers just want to talk to me.  I'm very much a one word answer kinda guy in these situations and my thought is "dude, I'm not paying you to talk to, just please take me to where I need to go, thanks". 

What are you guys at?

Lebowski

4.86. I'm not a big small talker, either.

2o6

That's....that's kind of low.

As a driver, my score is 4.93. (My lyft score is 4.82)

4.66 means that several people gave you 4 stars or lower.

shp4man

I've never ridden in an Uber or a Lyft. Don't even have the apps on my phone. Guess that makes me a retro-grouch.  :huh:

Lebowski

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 09:14:47 AM

Do you see people's score before you pick them up, and what score threshold would you avoid a rider?

2o6

Quote from: Lebowski on March 15, 2018, 09:38:06 AM

Do you see people's score before you pick them up, and what score threshold would you avoid a rider?

Yes, and I have never turned down a rider for a bad score. I've had someone as low as a 3 in my car once. Sometimes those scores don't always mean anything; the lady who had a 3.05 probably had only taken a handful of rides. She was fine in my car, she may have been a drunk mess in someone else's.

If someone pisses me off, I usually just rate them 3 or below. 3 or below on Lyft means they'll never get paired to ride in my car ever again.

Speed_Racer

You need >5 rides to have an average rating, but I've only taken three rides. So no score for me yet.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 15, 2018, 09:56:57 AM
You need >5 rides to have an average rating, but I've only taken three rides. So no score for me yet.

Same.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Xer0

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 09:14:47 AM

Yeah I'm aware.  Even when the drivers are being needlessly annoying, as long as they get me to where I need to go without driving like a mess, I'll give them a 5 regardless.  I think I'm going to start giving out 4's for some of these larger annoyances in the future.

Lebowski

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 09:48:43 AM

Yes, and I have never turned down a rider for a bad score. I've had someone as low as a 3 in my car once. Sometimes those scores don't always mean anything; the lady who had a 3.05 probably had only taken a handful of rides. She was fine in my car, she may have been a drunk mess in someone else's.

If someone pisses me off, I usually just rate them 3 or below. 3 or below on Lyft means they'll never get paired to ride in my car ever again.

What are some common examples of things people do to piss you off.

giant_mtb

I've hired one Uber in my life.  No score. 

We don't have Uber here. 

2o6

Quote from: Lebowski on March 15, 2018, 10:45:07 AM

What are some common examples of things people do to piss you off.

By far, trying to cram in far too many passengers. Instead of calling an Uber XL or Lyft Plus, they'll try and cram in six people in a subcompact hatchback. Not cool. On slower nights, I've been known to let it slide, but lately cops have been cracking down, and honestly shoving six people in a car this small isn't fun.

Also, people who are very vague with knowing where they are and want to go. (Put in wrong pickup or drop off location)

People who want you to wait outside while they run a series of errands. I don't mind waiting for a little bit for one or two stops, but after that, call a new ride.

People who are far to drunk to even stay awake. Aside from basically passing out in my car, carting someone who probably has alcohol poisoning is dangerous and a hassle for me. Drunk is one thing, but being fall-down, blackout drunk with no one to assist you to get home is a hard and scary thing to deal with.

TBR

MrH

4.87 here. Honestly thought it'd be a lot lower. I've called a lot of Ubers for drunk friends before.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

2o6

Why the hell are your guys scores so damn low???

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 03:30:42 PM

REVERSE DISCRIMINATION :cry: :rage: :erjerbs:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on March 15, 2018, 03:37:51 PM
REVERSE DISCRIMINATION :cry: :rage: :erjerbs:

Pictured: CarSPIN users in the back of Uber rides

Xer0

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

Pictured: CarSPIN users in the back of Uber rides

This is pretty funny, but no joke, when someone pulled up in those tiny Toyota Hybrids (forgot the name) before Uber banned them that's kinda what it was like.

Laconian

BTW as an engineer I am offended at how all of these scores cluster within the top 10% of the score range. So much of the signal is getting clipped.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Xer0 on March 15, 2018, 03:42:22 PM
This is pretty funny, but no joke, when someone pulled up in those tiny Toyota Hybrids (forgot the name) before Uber banned them that's kinda what it was like.

??? Uber hasn't banned any cars. The only car I think they may have banned is the Chevy Spark, mostly because the rearmost bench only seats two. I'm pretty sure all the Prius and Yaris models are allowed to operate.

Xer0

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 03:48:25 PM
??? Uber hasn't banned any cars. The only car I think they may have banned is the Chevy Spark, mostly because the rearmost bench only seats two. I'm pretty sure all the Prius and Yaris models are allowed to operate.

Its the Prius C, the tiny one.  Looking at Uber's website, its not listed as an eligible vehicle in New York (The Prius and the V are).  I haven't seen them in Chicago either so it's probably banned here too.  Good thing since those were tiny.

https://www.uber.com/drive/new-york/get-started/eligible-vehicles/

2o6

Quote from: Xer0 on March 15, 2018, 03:56:15 PM
Its the Prius C, the tiny one.  Looking at Uber's website, its not listed as an eligible vehicle in New York (The Prius and the V are).  I haven't seen them in Chicago either so it's probably banned there too.  Good thing, cause those were tiny.

https://www.uber.com/drive/new-york/get-started/eligible-vehicles/

NYC is really funny about their car list.

There's nothing saying it's banned in Chicago.

https://www.uber.com/drive/chicago/vehicle-requirements/

r0tor

Don't even know what this is
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

TBR

Quote from: Laconian on March 15, 2018, 03:42:33 PM
BTW as an engineer I am offended at how all of these scores cluster within the top 10% of the score range. So much of the signal is getting clipped.

I would normally agree, but someone should have to be really bad to be marked as a "bad customer". As long as you aren't inconsiderate in some way then should be 5-stars everytime. Why should someone be marked down because they don't like small talk? It isn't supposed to be a social experience. It's a service.

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on March 15, 2018, 03:57:49 PM

NYC is really funny about their car list.

There's nothing saying it's banned in Chicago.

https://www.uber.com/drive/chicago/vehicle-requirements/

UberBlack is the one I don't get. If I order an UberBlack and they roll up in a H3 then I am going to be pissed, even if it does have a black interior. Meanwhile, I called an UberX once and the guy pulled up in a brand new black Escalade and the guy told me he didn't qualify for UberBlack because of the beige interior. How does that make sense?

Tave

4.89 for me. Would be higher but I've drawn the short straw at a couple bachelor parties and a few particularly disastrous binges in DC.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dazzleman

If the range is 1-5, all these scores seem pretty high.

I've never used Uber or Lyft, so I don't have a score.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Lebowski

With averages in the high 4s all it takes is the occasional 4 or (gasp!) 3 to pull it down.  Maybe the driver expected a tip (before tipping was added to the app), maybe he didn't like something you said, maybe you had him drive out of his way etc. Who knows.

For the customer rating it makes more sense to be binary IMO.  Either it's an acceptable fare, or it isn't (belligerent, barfed in car etc).