Signs of hope at BMW

Started by r0tor, April 26, 2018, 05:38:38 AM

r0tor

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2019-bmw-8-series-coupe-prototype-drive-review

QuoteHappily, the M850i's electrically assisted steering delivers actual road feel, informing the driver's hands of the front tires' grip and sidewall deflections. As befits a luxury sports coupe, the conversation is in an inside voice rather than a shout. Turn-in is quick and satisfying, with a positive feel backed up by stupefying front-end grip.

Better still, Sport and Sport+ don't needlessly raise the steering effort so high that your shoulders are needed to turn the front wheels. Those settings slightly increase the otherwise lightly weighted steering's heft and quicken its responses to inputs. The rear-wheel steering variably nudges the rear wheels up to 2.4 degrees in phase with the fronts for improved high-speed stability or out of phase the same amount to whip the tail around in tighter, slower maneuvers. The system never felt unnatural or unpredictable, and we detected its invisible hand only once, under hard trail-braking into a bumpy turn, when it helped to stabilize the car's bouncing tail.

Hopefully this survives to production and signals a trend across all the ranges
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MexicoCityM3

One more in a string of positive reviews that include the X1/2/3, the M5 and now this.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

Anyone can make a $150K anything amazing to drive. We will see if BMW has returned to form with the 3/5 in working man's trims. Haven't heard anything about the regular 5s which are already out. The 2 is good though.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

shp4man

Buy a Mustang and tape $100K to the hood.... ;)

Onslaught

bah weep granah weep nini bon

Xer0

This car is going to be very very pretty when its finally out.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no