Best Eurospec small car for my sister

Started by Morris Minor, May 31, 2018, 06:10:03 AM

Payman

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 31, 2018, 07:55:53 PM
She has the Fiesta on her radar. It's top of What Car ratings for the category. (Fit, funnily enough did not thrill them, but on her shortlist too)
I'll float the idea of a Hyundai I30 and the Mazda 2.

Twingo! Rear engine RWD ZOMG!

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Quote from: Rockraven on June 01, 2018, 11:31:54 AM
Twingo! Rear engine RWD ZOMG!

Oh no way, I had no idea...! I thought they were still FF. That's awesome!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Morris Minor

After testing a Fiesta, Nissan Note, & the Fit, She bought a Mazda 2 which "knocked out" the others in her view. It's a loaded demo model, manual transmission, with 3,000 miles and 34 months remaining on the warranty.

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Morris Minor

It's a Mazda 2 Sport Nav 90 with a 1.5L petrol engine. 2,000 miles, not 3,000 as previously stated. She's v happy.

Nice to see her life coming together.

2o6

Payman

Quote from: Morris Minor on June 03, 2018, 07:38:06 AM
After testing a Fiesta, Nissan Note, & the Fit, She bought a Mazda 2 which "knocked out" the others in her view. It's a loaded demo model, manual transmission, with 3,000 miles and 34 months remaining on the warranty.

Good choice.

Love the simple interior in these.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Rockraven on June 03, 2018, 11:16:37 AM
Good choice.

Love the simple interior in these.
Thanks, agreed. I had no idea until I checked that, here, these are badged as Toyotas & sold as Yaris iA sedan. It gets decent reviews.
I've suggested to her that, for privacy, she should tint film put in the windows.

12,000 RPM

Congrats to her. That kind of car is a lot of fun in Europe. Somehow the laws of physics there are different, and 100HP cars feel more than adequate.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Laconian

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 03, 2018, 12:47:03 PM
Congrats to her. That kind of car is a lot of fun in Europe. Somehow the laws of physics there are different, and 100HP cars feel more than adequate.

Roundabouts. You maintain a lot of momentum.

Galaxy

Morris Minor

Last week I asked her if she was going to get an automatic: I got a withering stare, "Andrew I'm not completely incapable."

Laconian

MexicoCityM3

Mazda tends to offer the best driving car in most of the segments they have an offering. Good choice.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Morris Minor

I remember driving a rental out of the deck at Milwaukee Airport a few years ago, hardly aware of it - assuming it was just another typical mediocrity that gets dumped into rental fleets to boost sales numbers. It took about a mile before its goodness woke me up - Holy shit this thing is fun, a pleasure to drive.

It was a Mazda 6.

My sis had the same epiphany when she test drove the 2 - big contrast with the others she'd tried.

HurricaneSteve

Wow that's great to hear, congrats to her and please welcome her to the Mazda family! I own a 2011 Mazda 2 which is mostly the same car (the newer ones are obviously more efficient and styled better inside and out) and it's a fantastic city car. It's too bad that Mazda decided against selling the new 2 here because the Toyota iA is nearly a foot and a half longer and that makes it less desirable in tight parking spots. Hope she enjoys her new supermini!

Quote from: Morris Minor on June 03, 2018, 07:38:06 AM

Morris Minor

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on June 03, 2018, 07:08:32 PM
Wow that's great to hear, congrats to her and please welcome her to the Mazda family! I own a 2011 Mazda 2 which is mostly the same car (the newer ones are obviously more efficient and styled better inside and out) and it's a fantastic city car. It's too bad that Mazda decided against selling the new 2 here because the Toyota iA is nearly a foot and a half longer and that makes it less desirable in tight parking spots. Hope she enjoys her new supermini!

A 2, a 3 & an MX-5.... you are our resident Mazdadude.  :ohyeah:

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

HurricaneSteve

What can I say? It just feels right!

Quote from: Morris Minor on June 03, 2018, 08:58:35 PM
A 2, a 3 & an MX-5.... you are our resident Mazdadude.  :ohyeah:

Morris Minor

She picked it up today. I'm jealous. Fun, chuckable little hatch.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Char

Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.