Just picked up a car in Germany

Started by mzziaz, June 15, 2018, 06:06:12 AM

mzziaz

Been having an attack of the Alfa Romeo fever the last few weeeks. First, I was looking for a nice 166, but after a disappointing test drive, I went for 159 instead.

I wanted a manual 3.2 Q4 Ti Berlina, which are rare cars, but I came across this one in Bielefeld, Germany with 93xxxx kms with the right price. Long story short, I flew down and drove it home.

Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

The drive home was 1600 kms, which I had to to in less than 24h (!), because a meeting I had to attend on wednesday.

Gas consumption was old amcar bad, with an average at 12,4/100kms=around 20mpg, but keeping pace at around 150 km/h didn't help.

Got Norwegian plates yesterday. Happy so far.
Cuore Sportivo

SJ_GTI

That is a nice looking car, I remember digging them when they were new.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Nice car.  How many do you have now?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

AutobahnSHO

Will

giant_mtb

Raza

Quote from: mzziaz on June 15, 2018, 06:06:12 AM
Been having an attack of the Alfa Romeo fever the last few weeeks. First, I was looking for a nice 166, but after a disappointing test drive, I went for 159 instead.

I wanted a manual 3.2 Q4 Ti Berlina, which are rare cars, but I came across this one in Bielefeld, Germany with 93xxxx kms with the right price. Long story short, I flew down and drove it home.

Utterly gorgeous. Congratulations!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mzziaz

New plates issued. The car is washed and waxed, ready for vacation.

The car is getting a service and some minor repairs at Arnst Auto-Technic in Hamburg, while we take a trip to Spain. Pretty nice workshop. A beautiful, blue Montreal sat in the back yard.
Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

mzziaz

A Lancia Fulvia Coupe, I think. Not sure what year.
Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

Quite lovely.  Your Alfa as well.

MexicoCityM3

Now you are a true enthusiast according to Top Gear lore. Congrats. Beautiful car.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Northlands

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

dazzleman

Nice!  Did you have any fun on the drive home?  How did you get over to Norway?  Did you take a ferry from Denmark or drive across the Oresund Bridge to Sweden and then back over?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

mzziaz

I did the ferry Puttby Rødgarden, and then the Øresund bridge.

I'm about to repeat the trip now. Right now, I'm in Copenhagen after driving to Germany (with the Alfa), and a trip to Spain by plane.

It is a beautiful autobahn stormer.
Cuore Sportivo

giant_mtb

Quote from: mzziaz on July 19, 2018, 11:57:51 AM

I'm about to repeat the trip now. Right now, I'm in Copenhagen after driving to Germany (with the Alfa), and a trip to Spain by plane.

That's one awesome thing about Europe...you can be in many different countries easily.  Shit, I can drive for 8 hours and still be in the same state.  :lol:

cawimmer430

Congrats!  :cheers:

Why didn't you get the SPORTWAGON:praise:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: mzziaz on July 19, 2018, 11:57:51 AM

I'm jealous.  I wish I could do that drive, man!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

mzziaz

Returned home yesterday evening after the final leg from Oslo. It's been a great trip.

Wims; I preferred the berlina over the sportwagen. Actually, I find the proportions to be better than even the Brera, which I also considered briefly.
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on July 22, 2018, 06:22:39 AM
Wims; I preferred the berlina over the sportwagen. Actually, I find the proportions to be better than even the Brera, which I also considered briefly.

I usually prefer wagons over sedans, but in this case I think both the sedan and wagon look amazing. But with the wagon you get some added practicality. Congrats again! Sweet ride!  :cheers:

Alfa Romeo 159s are still a common sight here, also the 156. STYLISH!  :wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Hi, old friend. Soon it's spring.

Cuore Sportivo

Morris Minor

A barn find! This will only be complete if you tell us mice are nesting in the air cleaner.
And there's a cardboard box full of parts in the boot.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Oh God, for a second there I thought it was dented.

mzziaz

Quote from: Rockraven on February 18, 2019, 05:39:45 AM
Oh God, for a second there I thought it was dented.

Au contrare. It is in great shape. I even gave it a full Mercasol-antirust treatment before putting it in storaga. Right now, I'm tempted to have it professionally detailed. It does need a good polish.
Cuore Sportivo

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV