The Official Mustang Thread

Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

12,000 RPM

AoA's car was on summer tires
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Xer0

Does MT no longer post their head2head's on Youtube anymore?  I haven't see anything posted there for almost 3 months.

MX793

Quote from: Xer0 on March 19, 2018, 03:41:50 PM
Does MT no longer post their head2head's on Youtube anymore?  I haven't see anything posted there for almost 3 months.

They do go on hiatus periodically.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

68_427

I think the one on MTOD now is the first of a new season.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Freiburger posted the following on his own FB page this morning:

Today this video was posted to announce the company's new plan for the airing of Roadkill, Hot Rod Garage, Dirt Every Day, Engine Masters, Ignition, and Head2Head. Here's the short version: new episodes of those shows will no longer be posted to YouTube, but they will be available free on MotorTrend.com. Right now you can see free new episodes of every series listed above.

Here are details as I understand them for now:
- MotorTrendOnDemand.com will become simply MotorTrend.com
- If you have a current subscription to Motor Trend OnDemand, it is still valid.
- All our shows will be available first to subscribers to MotorTrend.com, and will appear without ads.
- The free-to-view shows appear 8 weeks later and will have advertising in them.
- To see the free shows, go to MotorTrend.com, navigate to the series you want (like Roadkill), and look at the thumbnail photos. If there is no icon of a padlock in the upper left corner, you can watch for free. To see episodes with a padlock, you must subscribe.
- For a short time (could be just a few days) the company is offering MotorTrend.com subscriptions for $2.99/month instead of the normal $4.99 in order to encourage YouTube viewers to sign up.
- All the shows that used to be on YouTube are currently scheduled to continue on MotorTrend.com with the same number of episodes as before.
- In addition to the former YouTube shows, MT will continue to show our exclusive shows: Roadkill Garage, Junkyard Gold, Put Up Or Shut Up.
- All of our old episodes will continue to be on YouTube.
- The company has turned off commenting on all videos on YouTube as people react to this news. Comments might be turned back on in the future.
- Comments are now fully functional for subscribers on MotorTrend.com.
- There will be posts and comments from company agents other than me on the Roadkill social pages as they advertise this change and address questions.
- Older episodes of Roadkill will continue to appear on the Velocity cable network.
- Discovery and Velocity content will continue to appear on MotorTrend.com. There will be premieres before cable, and many past seasons can be viewed for free.
- The Motor Trend YouTube channel will continue to get new videos. They will be teasers for new episodes, cutdowns of episodes, and short-form content from all the TEN brands.

As you react to this news, please separate your feelings about company decisions from your comments about us hosts. Personally, I'm sad that Roadkill will no longer be available to those of you who can not afford a subscription—especially the kids who we've inspired to become car people. However, we hosts and producers still love what we do and we are lucky to do it and we want to continue making great shows. The best message you can send is to keep the original Motor Trend shows on top by continuing to watch on MotorTrend.com, even if you do it for free
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

I canceled my MTOD subscription last month since I don't have a lot of time to watch stuff anymore. But idk how I feel about this. Might be the beginning of the end, but it might be just fine.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

68_427

I can't stand how they've implemented the velocity shows.  I don't care that they added them but they don't separate them from the originals on the main page and it's just a cluster fuck
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 68_427 on March 19, 2018, 05:44:35 PM
I can't stand how they've implemented the velocity shows.  I don't care that they added them but they don't separate them from the originals on the main page and it's just a cluster fuck

Agreed.

12,000 RPM

Yea there are like 90 million shows now, it does suck. They prob added more for more revenue.

Truthfully, they go overboard with the production value. Matt Farah's One Takes with some track time is probably enough for 99% of people. The rest can go watch Top Gear by Michael Bay.

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 19, 2018, 07:14:37 PM
Yea there are like 90 million shows now, it does suck. They prob added more for more revenue.

Truthfully, they go overboard with the production value. Matt Farah's One Takes with some track time is probably enough for 99% of people. The rest can go watch Top Gear by Michael Bay.

Farah has stopped doing One Takes.  I think the last one aired a few weeks ago.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

I know, I meant format wise. I hate this trend of overproduced car videos. One of my favorite car reviews of all time was Chris Harris in the 991 GT3. 1 dude, like 3 cameras, couple of rolling shots, good driving and knowledge of the car and its context. Done and done. I feel like people who need a whole production about cars to watch videos about cars don't really like cars.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 19, 2018, 07:14:37 PM

I think the production value or Roadkill is perfect. It's well done but in a useful way, not a artsy fartsy way.

I wish Roadkill & Roadkill Garage would rebuild stuff more than just swapping new engines in. I wanna see the original slant 6 rebuilt & hot rodded, not another big block swap.

Xer0

Wasn't there some other car channel that went subscription only a couple years ago and pretty much died?  Drive I think?  That name sounds right.

Anyway, I think this might have more to do with Youtube as a platform and the serious reduction of ad revenue.  Thats why all the big content creators have a Patreon attached to their channel.

12,000 RPM

Yea, Drive completely goofed.

The key to making money on YT is building a huge subscriber base to have regular high views, not monetization. MT has 5.5M subscribers though and their bigger vids do about 1M views a pop... there's no way even 500K of those people do MToD.

MrH

Drive wasn't bad though. I was a subscriber for a bit.

Motor Trend is hit or miss. I pretty much only like their new car reviews and head to head. All the roadkill and things aren't for me.

Drive is now a tv show on msnbc which is pretty bad. But even worse than that, did you guys watch Jalopnik's car vs America? It was so, so bad.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on March 20, 2018, 06:59:50 AM
Motor Trend is hit or miss. I pretty much only like their new car reviews and head to head. All the roadkill and things aren't for me.

New cars are boring. The Mustang vs Camaro lap time comparos are the only new car videos worth watching.

Tave

I've seen barely any Everyday Driver videos since they moved to Velocity. Hope they're doing well on the monetization front, but can't help thinking they must've lost +50% of their base audience.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

12,000 RPM

Damn cuz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d16dLr4pmGA

Not a fan of catless headers on a street car though, both as an enviro weenie and a pragmatist

Galaxy

So this thread might cover SUVs in the future...  :mask:

Laconian

Hey, Mitsubishi did it to the "Eclipse"...
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 14, 2018, 12:05:15 PM
10 quart capacity.  Might suck a bit of oil, depending on usage.
18 Quarts over 36K? No way!!!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

FoMoJo

Many Ferraris have similar oil consumption; depending on how they're driven.  Check the Camaro forum.  Same thing.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

FoMoJo

Bad ass...Test Drive: 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

Mustang Bullitt. That method of generating increased output? Make the engine spin faster.

Ford's sticking to its guns on this approach with the 2019 Mustang GT, and the new Bullitt variant thereof. Ford's 5.0-litre Coyote V8 is an absolute class act, loves to rev, and in Bullitt guise, makes an improved-by-15 ponies output of 475 horses, all-motor style. Also, it revs gleefully to its screaming 7,400 rpm redline, which is just fine with me.

r0tor

Why does it look like it has a Fusion grill all of a sudden
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

Generating more HP by increasing the redline is kinda worthless, though.

68_427

The new Mustang V8 supercar is terrible.  Has the same roof height as the Falcons
'racecar is die'
no