EVs

Started by Morris Minor, November 08, 2018, 04:03:12 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on June 26, 2020, 11:56:17 AM
Who cares who illuminates the light bulb first, if they can't profitably make light bulbs?

I will help the Tesla cult build an Elon statue for lighting the first light bulb, when he's bankrupt and in jail for running a perpetual fraud of a business.

Dammit, he makes electric cars that fall apart, one-way tunnel death traps, and space ships. Nothing about light bulbs.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Saw an ad for electric mini today. Only 100ish mile range, $30k starting. so with federal tax credit and "the gas money you save" they're saying it's about $17k. Interesting.
Will

mzziaz

Nice car, but the range is puny. I'd rather get the Peugeot e208. It's beautiful in blue. Also, a pretty nice interior.
Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

...if it was available stateside  :lol:. Chevy Bolt, then.
Cuore Sportivo

Morris Minor

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 02, 2020, 08:18:28 PM
Saw an ad for electric mini today. Only 100ish mile range, $30k starting. so with federal tax credit and "the gas money you save" they're saying it's about $17k. Interesting.
https://youtu.be/BgEE3fB0ddY
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

ChrisV

Quote from: MrH on June 26, 2020, 11:56:17 AM
Who cares who illuminates the light bulb first, if they can't profitably make light bulbs?

I will help the Tesla cult build an Elon statue for lighting the first light bulb, when he's bankrupt and in jail for running a perpetual fraud of a business.

A fraud of a business wouldn't be delivering 4 complete model lines of actual cars with a couple more coming out soon. And they make money on each car sold and have for a long time. It's just that they've been spending more money on building up new models, building the gigafactories, and rolling out the supercharger network (which is another thing besides software the other manufacturers are incapable of doing). Calling it fraud is just plain ignorance. And I don't even LIKE Elon, nor do I own Tesla stock.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

MrH

Lol, they don't make money man.  Get a clue.  Read some of their financial statements.  Trust me, I'm not the one ignorant here.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

The Economist: The end of the Arab world's oil age is nigh
http://archive.is/M02gj
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

r0tor

Quote from: MrH on July 15, 2020, 10:47:31 AM
Lol, they don't make money man.  Get a clue.  Read some of their financial statements.  Trust me, I'm not the one ignorant here.

Short position is what, $1k per share underwater?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Tesla's doing pretty well. It has regulators on its side. As well as a loyal army of owners. Lots of Mojo - like Amazon in the early days - burning vast quantities of cash... but still loved.

ChrisV

Quote from: MrH on July 15, 2020, 10:47:31 AM

Dude, the COMPANY doesn't make money. But they turn a profit off of each of the cars sold. YOU get a fucking clue.  :rolleyes:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Morris Minor

Tesla (tied w/ BMW) is only behind Ferrari in terms of operating profits/unit sold.

https://fiatgroupworld.com/2020/06/30/profits-for-25-oems-tumble-by-66-in-q1-2020-tesla-in-top-10

Laconian

MrH

Operational cash flow with Tesla is trash.  Proof of channel stuffing through China popped up yesterday.  I wouldn't trust that number at all.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

And that's taking RAM and Jeep's fat trucky margins into account. WTF are they doing, lawl.

AutobahnSHO

Ford isn't even on the chart?.....  :mask:
Will

Morris Minor

veeman

From that same article link:

Laconian

Laconian

I want to see more manufacturers get into low end EVs. Not toy crap like the Twizy, but honest four passenger cars stripped down to their essence, sans essence.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on July 24, 2020, 11:33:19 AM
I want to see more manufacturers get into low end EVs. Not toy crap like the Twizy, but honest four passenger cars stripped down to their essence, sans essence.

Like Bolt?

I seriously think something like that could be our Impreza replacement in 2-5years.
Will

Laconian

Even lower end than that. Think Citroen Ami, but on a $10k budget.

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on July 24, 2020, 01:50:54 PM
Even lower end than that. Think Citroen Ami, but on a $10k budget.

China has plenty of these.

2o6

Speaking of China, I really like the way these NIO SUVS's looks

I think NIO should really put their ass into trying to sell in the US. There's a real gap in the market for an expensive EV SUV that d

Morris Minor

Morris Jr and his wife had this just-in-case item added in the garage as part of some general upgrades to the electrics.

afty

AutobahnSHO

No guess on pricing? It's a handsome looking car, and their website has the silly "$1000 reservation" and nothing else.
Will

afty

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 03, 2020, 05:50:02 AM
No guess on pricing? It's a handsome looking car, and their website has the silly "$1000 reservation" and nothing else.
They're going to announce full specs and price on 9/9.