The Official MX-5 Miata Thread

Started by Onslaught, September 09, 2010, 01:35:50 PM

shp4man

Gentlemen, I give you.....the Man-iata!  :lol:

AutobahnSHO

I saw a bunch of pictures of one like that painted up like Lightning McQueen :lol:
Will

CaminoRacer

I took a cruise in the Miata today, first time in Provo Canyon with the top down. Awesome view of the canyon rocks with the top down!

I ended up behind an RS3 at a stoplight. It's license plate was "GAPLBEES", so I figured he was gonna gun it on green. He did, so I did too. I was WOT and shifting at redline through 3rd, but I kept up with him. Can't take me to Gapplebees! :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Unacceptable.  You need to get a GT350. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

AutobahnSHO

Will

CaminoRacer

I finally got around to buying and installing a big mod today: an LED dome light! The stock one wasn't working. A bit strange since the filament looked fine. But the LED is nice and matches the headlight color. Cost a whole $9 at AutoZone :lol:

(I briefly googled it to see what size bulb it needs, and everyone was ordering LEDs on Amazon. It was way faster to drive .3 miles to AutoZone. Zoomers...)

CaminoRacer

Some fucker rear ended me and drove off. Big 2019-2020 white RAM 2500 towing a mini excavator. We were going slow through some stop lights and had a green light but I was just coasting along since the guy in front of me wasn't going very fast
Truck rammed me twice. I pulled over and he kept going. Did he even know he hit me? Was he an impatient maniac? Who knows. But fuck him.

shp4man

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 22, 2021, 01:08:07 PM
Some fucker rear ended me and drove off. Big 2019-2020 white RAM 2500 towing a mini excavator. We were going slow through some stop lights and had a green light but I was just coasting along since the guy in front of me wasn't going very fast
Truck rammed me twice. I pulled over and he kept going. Did he even know he hit me? Was he an impatient maniac? Who knows. But fuck him.

What an asshole. Did you get the plate number?

CaminoRacer

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 22, 2021, 01:08:07 PM

My NA Miata was also the victim of a RAM hit and run!!! No, I don't think they notice!

I'm sorry to hear that happened!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

I've been wondering if I should get a dashcam but have been too cheap/lazy to do it. Figured it wouldn't be necessary... Oh well.

Speed_Racer

Considering how tall trucks can be, I'm surprised they hit any of your bumper. But too bad they also nailed the decklid. UGH

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

AutobahnSHO

:cry:

My NA was originally white, but was repainted red after a rear-end. And the trunklid was green underneath because it was a transplant from a separate rear-ender!!!!

(both from original owner, who had it from 1993 - 2012.)
Will

CaminoRacer

The two good body shops in town were booked until this Thursday, so it'll finally get fixed at the end of this week.

I'm thinking I'll keep this car for like another year, but I kinda want to trade it for a good sports sedan or something. Having two 2-seater stickshift cars + an EV means roadtrips are harder, and there are lots of good roadtrips here in Utah.

Or I just negotiate another good raise at work so I can buy a 4th car. :devil:

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 06, 2021, 10:29:22 AM
The two good body shops in town were booked until this Thursday, so it'll finally get fixed at the end of this week.

I'm thinking I'll keep this car for like another year, but I kinda want to trade it for a good sports sedan or something. Having two 2-seater stickshift cars + an EV means roadtrips are harder, and there are lots of good roadtrips here in Utah.

Might want to trade/sell it this year given current used prices.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on July 06, 2021, 10:48:28 AM
Might want to trade/sell it this year given current used prices.

If I could actually find a car that I want, for a reasonable price...

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 06, 2021, 10:52:05 AM
If I could actually find a car that I want, for a reasonable price...

If you can't find something to trade for, dealerships are still willing to just buy cars off people (a la Carmax).  Might be worth just selling it to a dealer while it's worth a premium (who knows how long prices will stay up?) and squirrel the cash away until you find something you like.  Unless you need the car.  But with the Bolt and Camino, seems like you've got transport and AutoX covered.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Submariner

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 22, 2021, 01:42:29 PM
Just the first digit..

Check with the town/city that you're in...they may have cameras at/near the intersection you were at.  A white 2500 with a trailer is fairly uncommon.  You may be able to get a plate number that way.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 06, 2021, 10:29:22 AM

Just cash in your 401k and get a GT 350. 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

I need to sew up the Miata roof. Stitching all came out last year or so, I only drive it when there's no rain though!

And just got back from fun 50mile trip through GA countryside to go disc golfing. So fun!
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 06, 2021, 12:27:00 PM
Just cash in your 401k and get a GT 350. 

Ha, I wish my 401k was that big already.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on July 06, 2021, 10:58:53 AM
If you can't find something to trade for, dealerships are still willing to just buy cars off people (a la Carmax).  Might be worth just selling it to a dealer while it's worth a premium (who knows how long prices will stay up?) and squirrel the cash away until you find something you like.  Unless you need the car.  But with the Bolt and Camino, seems like you've got transport and AutoX covered.

The Bolt is technically supposed to be my wife's car.

I will probably keep the Miata for another year and a half. That'll give me 2 autox seasons with it. Then I might trade it in on a Civic Si or something. The 2022 Civic looks decent.
Or if I can find a way to enlarge the Miata by 10% so my tall self fits better.

AutobahnSHO

Drove a (newer) NB yesterday.
Rich came to visit- so we had his old NB ("Scrappy") and his new in the driveway. We traded for a short drive. Interesting how the mileage difference (160k miles vs 70k) and different years (2000 vs 2003) can make that much difference!
Will

CaminoRacer

Surprisingly got the car back today. Didn't think they'd finish until next week.

The trunk popper is less violent than the original. I don't mind that.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 16, 2021, 07:45:41 PM
Surprisingly got the car back today. Didn't think they'd finish until next week.

The trunk popper is less violent than the original. I don't mind that.

Sweet!

I still LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that red. :)

But is the accident on the carfax now??
Will

CaminoRacer

Probably. Guess I have to keep it forever...

AutobahnSHO

Will