Have you bought Grey Poupon recently?

Yes
5 (38.5%)
No
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2018, 10:27:17 AM
I'm just a very plain/picky eater.  I enjoy other condiments (ketchup, RANCH, etc.), but have never liked mustard.  Makes me gag.

Ranch is not a condiment. Its a lubricant for people who want a protective layer between their taste buds amd their food.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 08, 2018, 10:40:58 AM
Ranch is not a condiment. Its a lubricant for people who want a protective layer between their taste buds amd their food.

And their hot ass pizza.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 08, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
Sometimes, the WaPo isn't full of shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/01/ranch-dressing-is-whats-wrong-with-america/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3e21c4d15286

"First, it's disgusting. It tastes like exactly what it is, which is milk that's halfway rotten."

Well, they are full of shit, because "rotten" milk is not the same thing as buttermilk.  That's like saying cheese is disgusting because it's "rotten" milk.  Sour milk is not buttermilk.  Buttermilk is fuckin' delicious.

SJ_GTI

Lebowski

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2018, 12:00:14 PM
"First, it's disgusting. It tastes like exactly what it is, which is milk that's halfway rotten."

Well, they are full of shit, because "rotten" milk is not the same thing as buttermilk.  That's like saying cheese is disgusting because it's "rotten" milk.  Sour milk is not buttermilk.  Buttermilk is fuckin' delicious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttermilk

Xer0

I'll only eat Ranch with my hot wings.

Lebowski

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Lebowski on August 08, 2018, 04:54:01 PM

That's what bleu cheese is for.

Ehh, ranch is an acceptable substitute there.

CaminoRacer

My favorite wings are from Quaker Steak and they have a sauce called Arizona Ranch that tastes like buffalo sauce + ranch. All the taste of ranch on top of your buffalo wing, without actual ranch sauce diluting the spice.

(That and their Buckeye BBQ sauce are two of my favorites)
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

Ranch is ok. It's better mixed with Taco Bell Diablo hot sauce.  ;)

What i can't stand is somebody that puts ketchup on a hot dog. Disgusting.  :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 08, 2018, 03:53:44 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttermilk

Sour ("rotten") milk is not the same as buttermilk. Buttermilk is either purposefully cultured to get a sour taste or is the byproduct of butter making. If raw milk sours, it's perfectly fine to drink and that's the way most of the world drinks milk. But if pasteurized milk sours, it's just on its way to going bad.

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 08, 2018, 05:53:36 PM
My favorite wings are from Quaker Steak and they have a sauce called Arizona Ranch that tastes like buffalo sauce + ranch. All the taste of ranch on top of your buffalo wing, without actual ranch sauce diluting the spice.

(That and their Buckeye BBQ sauce are two of my favorites)

Protip, mix buffalo sauce and ranch at home in a sauce cup or small bowl for dippinz.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2018, 08:58:54 PM
Sour ("rotten") milk is not the same as buttermilk. Buttermilk is either purposefully cultured to get a sour taste or is the byproduct of butter making. If raw milk sours, it's perfectly fine to drink and that's the way most of the world drinks milk. But if pasteurized milk sours, it's just on its way to going bad.

Its not entirely incorrect to say its soured to some extent.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 08, 2018, 09:56:27 PM
Its not entirely incorrect to say its soured to some extent.

The semantics between "rotten" and "sour" seems to be the issue here, that's all. Equating it to 2-month old milk in the fridge is plain wrong, and that's what I assume most people mean by "rotten" milk.

mzziaz

Half rotten!

I like ranch, btw. To me, it is a taste of America
Cuore Sportivo

veeman

I usually don't like ranch.  The article posted from the Washington Post has some good points but mostly it appears to be a social justice warrior cause against dairy and how bad it's for the planet etc. which is really lame regarding whether or not ranch sucks as a condiment.

Ranch is a decent substitute for mayonnaise or other creamy condiments when I want something more sour and flavorful. I like a "little" bit of ranch with falafel/hummus wraps.  I hate when they slather a lot of  mayo or ranch on a sandwich though at a deli or Subway.

giant_mtb

Home made ranch is also way different from - and even more delicious than - Hidden Valley bottled stuff.  For bottled, my go-to's are Peppercorn and traditional.  The Buttermilk flavor is good, too, but it's almost too much.  A dab'll do ya.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on August 09, 2018, 08:12:27 AM
I usually don't like ranch.  The article posted from the Washington Post has some good points but mostly it appears to be a social justice warrior cause against dairy and how bad it's for the planet etc. which is really lame regarding whether or not ranch sucks as a condiment.

Ranch is a decent substitute for mayonnaise or other creamy condiments when I want something more sour and flavorful. I like a "little" bit of ranch with falafel/hummus wraps.  I hate when they slather a lot of  mayo or ranch on a sandwich though at a deli or Subway.

Yeah, he went off topic in the second half of that article.

Xer0

Quote from: Lebowski on August 08, 2018, 04:54:01 PM

That's what bleu cheese is for.

Barf.  If Ranch masks flavor, bleu cheese destroys it and wraps in a slimy mess of mold and gunk. 

Laconian

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 09, 2018, 08:18:37 AM
Yeah, he went off topic in the second half of that article.

Gotta hit that minimum word count somehow. Publish it! No editors! Blog journalism!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on August 09, 2018, 11:02:33 AM
Gotta hit that minimum word count somehow. Publish it! No editors! Blog journalism!
Editor's are eletists and threaten democratic jurnalisms.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

Laconian

every werd deleted is vaiolation of freedumb of speach

the declairation of induhpendence protects my rights!11
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tave

To my surprise we have a fresh jar in the fridge right now. I prefer spicier options so it must've been the gf who slipped it in our cart at Costco.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

MX793

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2018, 08:59:34 PM
Protip, mix buffalo sauce and ranch at home in a sauce cup or small bowl for dippinz.

I typically have ranch put on a buffalo chicken sandwich in lieu of bleu cheese because bleu cheese is gross.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Xer0

Quote from: MX793 on August 09, 2018, 06:12:38 PM
I typically have ranch put on a buffalo chicken sandwich in lieu of bleu cheese because bleu cheese is gross.

I'm a big fan of ranch mixed with Frank's Red Hot as a quasi buffalo sauce.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Xer0 on August 09, 2018, 07:31:35 PM
I'm a big fan of ranch mixed with Frank's Red Hot as a quasi buffalo sauce.

yuuuuup

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

veeman

I don't eat Doritos often, but when I do, Cool Ranch is the best flavoring.