3,000-Mile 1992 Ford Mustang Convertible ‘Summer Edition’ Is A Total Fox

Started by cawimmer430, September 26, 2020, 06:21:42 AM

cawimmer430

3,000-Mile 1992 Ford Mustang Convertible 'Summer Edition' Is A Total Fox

Judging by sales figures, the third-generation Ford Mustang, a.k.a. the Fox body, is the second most popular series of the pony car after the 1960s original.

Ford sold more than 2.6 million Fox-body Mustangs from 1978 through 1993, whereas the first-gen was sold in almost 3 million copies from 1964 to 1973. Given this high production number, it's still relatively easy to find third-generation Mustangs in mint condition.

If that's what you're looking for, there's one waiting for you in Scottsdale, Arizona with only 3,200 miles (5,150 km) on the clock. Pretty much as good as it gets, the 1992 Mustang Convertible combines a red exterior with a white leather interior and was factory-equipped with the Summer Edition package.

This pack included the Vibrant Red body color, power-retractable white convertible top, 16-inch white wheels in a five-spoke design, a deck lid spoiler, as well as color-matched bodyside molding and mirror caps.

Power comes from a 5.0-liter 'High Output' V8 which was factory rated at 225 horsepower and 300 lb-ft (406 Nm) of torque. The transmission is a five-speed manual, which should add to the car's appeal. Driving enthusiasts will be glad to learn that the car also features Ford's 3:08 "Traction Lok" limited-slip differential on the rear axle. Other optional extras are the Convenience Group, Power Lock Group, and Light Group.

According to the seller, the car is completely original, with the exception of the tires, battery, and fluids. Everything is said to be in running order and an oil change has been performed recently.

The exterior of the Mustang has been touched up in two areas: the driver's side rocker panel and a chip on the hood which were professionally fixed; the repairs are also noted on the Carfax report. The car is sold with the complete service record, four keys, factory literature, owner's manual, and even an audio demonstration casette tape.

You can make an offer for this pristine Mustang on AutoHunter, a new auction platform launched last week. At the time of writing, the highest bid was $12,000.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/3000-mile-1992-ford-mustang-convertible-summer-edition-is-a-total-fox/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SJ_GTI

Pretty nice. The hatchback version of the fox body 5.0 was always attractive to me, but if you want a convertible that has to be one of the nicest examples in the world.

I can also understand why it didn't get driven much, given it's location.  :lol:

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

shp4man

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C7 on September 28, 2020, 11:21:53 AM
One of the worst cars I ever owned!

Yes, Foxbody 'stangs were complete pieces of crap. A coworker at the store I worked at tried to get me to buy one when I was young and dumb. Got me all hyped on Mustang lore. Then I drove it... awful POS, none of the buttons worked, upholstery was splitting, speedometer wouldn't stop bouncing around. And it was only like 8 years old at the time!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on September 28, 2020, 11:34:22 AM
Yes, Foxbody 'stangs were complete pieces of crap. A coworker at the store I worked at tried to get me to buy one when I was young and dumb. Got me all hyped on Mustang lore. Then I drove it... awful POS, none of the buttons worked, upholstery was splitting, speedometer wouldn't stop bouncing around. And it was only like 8 years old at the time!
8 years old?  Did well to last that long.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

FoMoJo

Friend of mine at work bought an '82 Mustang, new at the time.  He loved it for about a year and a half, and then it started to loosen up.  When he first got it, he'd burn rubber just about every time he took off.  Compared to what was available at the time, and affordable, not many cars were able to do that.  The entire automobile industry was still in the doldrums.  Wasn't till the late '90s that cars started to show some improvement.  '70s, '80s and '90s were mostly junk, including the imports.