VW ID4 - Nicht Bestanden.

Started by Morris Minor, March 04, 2021, 05:50:09 AM

Morris Minor

Bit of a pig's breakfast: VW needs to hire some decent EV engineering talent... & disastrous decision to give the thing to reviewers to splash far and wide on the interwebs.

https://youtu.be/EotuxCptcM4

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

The whole VW Group is a mess currently. The German language is currently being ruined by a bunch of these gender fanatics who have a problem with how masculine etc. some words are. Audi is jumping on the bandwagon.  :facepalm:

Not just for men Audi: The German car company is switching to a gender language – abroad

The automaker has published a 13-page guide for its employees that guides them in the non-discriminatory use of language.

To the German The Audi car brand may be associated with male images, but now the carmaker has begun instructing its employees to use the most discriminatory language.

In early March, the company changed its internal and external communication to gender and expects similar linguistic communication from its employees.

As a result, the company, headquartered in Ingolstadt (Bavaria), has issued a 1

3-page instruction booklet for its employees. It instructs to use the language so that no one feels discriminated against.
About that I say including the newspaper Augsburger-Allgemeine.

German in the language the nouns have three grammatical clans: masculine, feminine, and neutrons, and besides, the genus may be expressed with different endings. Ref.

Under the new recommendations, Audi will start using a language that takes into account all genders. For example, the company instructs Audi employees to use the spelling "Audianer_innen", which takes into account both male and female employees.

Paying attention to gender sensitivity, Audi states that it strives to respect people and reduce discrimination. Chief Human Resources Officer of Audi Sabine Maassen said Augsburger-Allgemeine that gender-sensitive speeches "are a matter of respect and express an attitude towards discrimination as well as diversity."

In the instructions it is not simply emphasized that language should take into account both males and females. The car company's gender language guide directs employees to various opportunities. The leaflet describes terms and grammatical structures that can only be used for the disappearance of expressions related to a particular gender.

News about Audi's gender-sensitive language has sparked a lot of pros and cons on social media, I say RDN news site.

Link: https://verietyinfo.com/finlandeng/not-just-for-men-audi-the-german-car-company-is-switching-to-a-gender-language-abroad/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MrH

I've only seen part of this video so far, but the complaints all seem to be centered around electrify america and the integration?  Seems kind of like a strawman. This idea of cross country trips in electric vehicles is not going to be viable for awhile.  No one is really buying an electric car without having a reliable charging spot at home or work.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Morris Minor

MrH

Of course.  Because the product is actually the car, not the stock he can get rich off of.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

r0tor

Why is the steering column white?  Yuck
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

Quote from: r0tor on April 19, 2021, 06:59:29 PM
Why is the steering column white?  Yuck

FUTURE. TECH.

Blame Apple?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Morris Minor

I'm kind of surprised VW's top brass didn't pick up on this when they ran their comparisons between the pain factors of charging Teslas vs the ID4. They would have had both vehicles: taken them to their homes, lived with them for a month, involved their families etc.  I guarantee my wife & loved ones would have thrown the ID4's charge station experience back in my face.

Morris Minor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 19, 2021, 10:55:59 PM
FUTURE. TECH.

Blame Apple?
Yup same design language as Apple circa 2004. Or those beige PCs that ended up yellow.

r0tor

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 20, 2021, 06:21:50 AM
I'm kind of surprised VW's top brass didn't pick up on this when they ran their comparisons between the pain factors of charging Teslas vs the ID4. They would have had both vehicles: taken them to their homes, lived with them for a month, involved their families etc.  I guarantee my wife & loved ones would have thrown the ID4's charge station experience back in my face.

Every time a new EV in unveiled it's "doom for Tesla".... Only to find out Tesla still has the better product and experience
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 20, 2021, 06:21:50 AM

Isn't the charging pain only at actual charging stations, not at home? At home charging is pretty simple, just plug in. Or did VW screw that up?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV