SAIC’s Maxus RV Is A Lux Villa On Wheels With A Second Level And An Elevator

Started by cawimmer430, March 04, 2021, 09:31:58 AM

cawimmer430

I kinda want this.  :tounge:

SAIC's Maxus RV Is A Lux Villa On Wheels With A Second Level And An Elevator

If you're the type of person that likes to live on the road in comfort and luxury, then the new Life Home V90 Villa Edition from SAIC Maxus in China could be the RV for you.

Showcased in a series of renderings from the automaker, the RV is unique because it actually has two levels. Yes, that's right, when you pull into a camping site, not only do the sides extend outwards for 215 square feet of living space, but the roof can also be extended up into a second level that adds another 133 square feet.

This second level is clad in glass and, according to SAIC Maxus, could be used as a tea room or a yoga studio. There's also a small balcony on the second level and the glass can adjust between clear and opaque. As if that wasn't enough, it is actually accessed via a small solo elevator.

The RV can also be outfitted with a premium JBL audio system, a washing machine, air conditioning, and a kitchenette. The vehicle pictured also includes wood flooring and lots of luxurious décor, including an L-shaped corner sofa. Also featured is an intriguing transparent TV.

The exterior of the RV oozes high-end luxury with a plethora of gold accents to contrast the white and blue paintwork and also features complex LED taillights.

SAIC Maxus first unveiled the Life Home V90 Villa Edition at an event late last year. Mind you, it's far from cheap, as it has a price of 2.68 million Chinese Yuan, or roughly $414,000.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqmpOpflHI4

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2021/03/this-luxurious-saic-rv-has-a-second-level-and-an-elevator-and-costs-414k/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

Is there really a market for luxury RV's? Do people who can afford to drop a half million on a bus they have to drive really want to camp at KOAs, next to rednecks in their ratty 20 yr old campers?

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Rockraven on March 05, 2021, 04:32:23 AM
Is there really a market for luxury RV's? Do people who can afford to drop a half million on a bus they have to drive really want to camp at KOAs, next to rednecks in their ratty 20 yr old campers?

The big busses seem to sell well enough. Idk about this smaller one, though. People with money probably want to massive sized ones.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

RomanChariot

The answer is yes. We camp at a variety of national parks and it is not uncommon to see large luxury bus based RVs park in the same campgrounds with 20 year old trailers like mine (although not too ratty). These large RVs are often flat towing a full size SUV behind them. I have also seen many of them on the road towing large enclosed trailers behind them filled with snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs and race cars. You can generally tell what is in them by the stickers covering back of the trailer.

Laconian

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 05, 2021, 10:32:36 AM
The answer is yes. We camp at a variety of national parks and it is not uncommon to see large luxury bus based RVs park in the same campgrounds with 20 year old trailers like mine (although not too ratty). These large RVs are often flat towing a full size SUV behind them. I have also seen many of them on the road towing large enclosed trailers behind them filled with snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs and race cars. You can generally tell what is in them by the stickers covering back of the trailer.

Ugh, that's anathema to me. I get outdoors for the deprivation from modern conveniences and distractions.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

RomanChariot

Quote from: Laconian on March 05, 2021, 10:36:41 AM
Ugh, that's anathema to me. I get outdoors for the deprivation from modern conveniences and distractions.

I can see where some would see it as what it would be like to have a home in an amazing location.

AutobahnSHO

I really want the smaller full-size-van camper (class B) but they are 4x more expensive than the classic (bigger) C-class style.
Will

Soup DeVille

Yes, but no.

Higher end campers almost always end up in private or membership only campgrounds.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 05, 2021, 02:01:30 PM
I can see where some would see it as what it would be like to have a home in an amazing location.

It makes some sense for car racing. You can camp on-site which is nice.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 05, 2021, 02:01:30 PM

Yeah, but you're stuck in an RV campground, so you're going to hear heat pumps and generators and see flatpanel TVs showing cable news through windows. I suppose you do have easy access to amazing locations.

One of the big appeals of BOAT is that you can legally drop anchor really far away from all the other slobs. Maritime law prevents you from being corraled into a pen. If you've got the necessary rode, you've got the right to park there 98% of the time.

RomanChariot

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 05, 2021, 08:30:19 PM
It makes some sense for car racing. You can camp on-site which is nice.

My sister-in-laws father does that. He races a Mustang GT-500 locally and he tows it behind a class A RV. His isn't a bus based diesel pusher but it works for him.

RomanChariot

Quote from: Laconian on March 05, 2021, 09:29:05 PM
Yeah, but you're stuck in an RV campground, so you're going to hear heat pumps and generators and see flatpanel TVs showing cable news through windows. I suppose you do have easy access to amazing locations.

One of the big appeals of BOAT is that you can legally drop anchor really far away from all the other slobs. Maritime law prevents you from being corraled into a pen. If you've got the necessary rode, you've got the right to park there 98% of the time.

Here in Utah you can find a lot of campgrounds that allow you to be far enough away from others to not be bothered by their noise. Most campgrounds have quiet hours in the evening so you don't have to listen to generators operating. There are campgrounds that have sections where the RVs are packed in more tightly but I would not choose that route.

Boating can be a lot of fun but around here you are just as likely or more likely to deal with loud music and partying out on the lake than you are out camping.

Laconian

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 08, 2021, 09:22:07 AM
Here in Utah you can find a lot of campgrounds that allow you to be far enough away from others to not be bothered by their noise. Most campgrounds have quiet hours in the evening so you don't have to listen to generators operating. There are campgrounds that have sections where the RVs are packed in more tightly but I would not choose that route.

Boating can be a lot of fun but around here you are just as likely or more likely to deal with loud music and partying out on the lake than you are out camping.

That sounds much better. My parents have a camper and I'm always a bit disappointed at their photos of camperlife after they've set up... they're like sardines in a can in some of these places.

Boating in a place with lethally cold water and a meddlesome Coast Guard definitely cuts down on the booze and bikinis crowd ;)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on March 05, 2021, 09:29:05 PM

There are boondockers and other RVs setup to be self contained and away from organized campgrounds- of course those are rarely the super big class As and such, but its much more appealing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 08, 2021, 09:22:07 AM

It is AMAZING the difference in geography that changes camping.

I remember campsites you can barely see another human in UT/WY. Down here in the south they're generally placed pretty well.

We went up to a popular campsite upstate NY- literally plots of land the size of livingrooms all smashed in next to each other with no division or separation. This is better than some we saw: https://parks.ny.gov/documents/parks/KeewaydinParkMap.pdf
Will

SJ_GTI

The big fancy RV/Campers are (or were) popular with college football tailgaters. The really serious fans like to get there the night before a game (usually Friday night) and stay until Sunday. For really big games (Iron Bowl for example) you are going to get people spending an entire week tailgating.

Laconian

I'm sure it's more about the friends than it is about the football, but the thought of using a precious week of vacation on that...

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on March 10, 2021, 01:51:26 PM
I'm sure it's more about the friends than it is about the football, but the thought of using a precious week of vacation on that...

It definitely is for the die hards. The school I went to (and still root for) has been pretty atrocious for most of its history, but there is a pretty good tailgating scene.

RomanChariot

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 09, 2021, 05:50:20 PM
It is AMAZING the difference in geography that changes camping.

I remember campsites you can barely see another human in UT/WY. Down here in the south they're generally placed pretty well.

We went up to a popular campsite upstate NY- literally plots of land the size of livingrooms all smashed in next to each other with no division or separation. This is better than some we saw: https://parks.ny.gov/documents/parks/KeewaydinParkMap.pdf

We have camped a couple of times at Snow Canyon campground outside of St. George, Utah and it has a mix. You can see in the link below that it has some well spaced camping areas in the Southern part of the main loop as well as in the North loop but right in the middle it has a row of RV spaces that are stacked pretty close to each other. We usually camp with extended family with a mixture of trailers and tents so we get several of the spaced out campsites that are near enough to each other to gather together for meals but still give each family their own personal space.

https://goo.gl/maps/BBkeJcKJoordEuQB6