Audi Q4 E-Tron

Started by SJ_GTI, April 14, 2021, 02:52:32 PM

SJ_GTI

Audi released this info today:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-audi-q4-e-tron-ev-debuts-sonos-audio-head-up-display/

QuoteGlobally, Audi is offering the Q4 in six configurations between the SUV and Sportback body styles. The base Q4 35 E-Tron mates the smaller battery with a single 168 horsepower motor to send 229 pound-feet of twist to the rear axle. So equipped, the Q4 will accelerate from 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in around 9 seconds. With the larger battery, single-motor output is boosted to about 201 horsepower for the midrange Q4 40 E-Tron, while the 0-62 sprint is shaved to 8.5 seconds. Both single-motor models are able to pull up to a modest 2,205-pound trailer.

Looks really good, mechanically it appears to be a re-skinned ID.4 though?

Still haven't figured out if my next car will be an EV for perhaps a last hurrah for a gas engined vehicle. I think since I plan to keep my Z3 forever I might be more open to an EV, but we'll see how it goes once I am ready to buy (at least a year away, possible more like 2-3 years). This seems like an interesting package.

CaminoRacer

That HP number might be fine for a VW but Audi needs to get more power. Bolts have 200 HP, Audi shouldn't have less than Chevy's mainstream offering.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

SJ_GTI

I'm assuming the lower powered versions are for other markets. In the US I expect it will have the same power train as the ID.4.

Galaxy

What I find a bit embarrassing for Audi is the Sonos  audio  system.

r0tor

Underpowered for a luxury nameplate in the US
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed