Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

dazzleman

Since so many of the guys on here seem to be getting busted lately, I'm wondering which of us is going to get popped for speeding next.

I'm going to place my bet on Saxony Ron.  He's driving a new car, which always makes you a little frisky, and he's long overdue.

Another good possibility is Raza.

What do you guys think?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

ifcar

I'll guess you. Raza is another strong candidate, he's unlikely to respond well enough to being pulled over to encourage a mere warning.  

Speed_Racer

Well, it's not going to be me. I won't have access to a car until nearly May. And I don't think I'll be getting pulled over on the bike.

dazzleman

QuoteI'll guess you.
Hah, thanks for the vote of confidence, man.  :lol:

But you could very well be right.  We ought to put a pool together, with a monetary prize.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Speed_Racer

QuoteI'll guess you.
Hah, thanks for the vote of confidence, man.  :lol:

But you could very well be right.  We ought to put a pool together, with a monetary prize.
...which can help pay off the winner's ticket.

Catman

dazzleman

QuoteIt will not be me. ;)
Yeah man, that's a pretty safe bet.  Professional courtesy, I guess.  :lol:

Though you did get tickets before you became an LEO, didn't you?  I think I remember you admitting to that once.  :pullover:  

Catman

Though you did get tickets before you became an LEO, didn't you?  I think I remember you admitting to that once.  :pullover:
I got a 70+ in a 55 from the MSP when I was like 17.  Didn't have my license long when that happened. Then I got one from the Reading Police for 56 in a 30.  I usually didn't drive that fast but on that occasion I had to take a piss real bad and I was cruising home to Peabody. Got another from MSP for a lane violation (carpool lane by myself).   I'm 36 now and that last ticket was when I was 18.  I got stopped in 1994ish by mistake and in 2002 by MSP while I was driving my wife to the hospital because she was in labor at about 1am in the morning.  I was doing like 85 that time. ;)

dazzleman

I got a 70+ in a 55 from the MSP when I was like 17.  Didn't have my license long when that happened. Then I got one from the Reading Police for 56 in a 30.  I usually didn't drive that fast but on that occasion I had to take a piss real bad and I was cruising home to Peabody. Got another from MSP for a lane violation (carpool lane by myself).   I'm 36 now and that last ticket was when I was 18.  I got stopped in 1994ish by mistake and in 2002 by MSP while I was driving my wife to the hospital because she was in labor at about 1am in the morning.  I was doing like 85 that time. ;)
See, I knew you were a cool guy, Catman, and not one of those good-two-shoes-I-never-do-anything-wrong types.  How else would you have gotten to be friends with a dirtbag like Sax?  :lol:

Your driving record sounds like the record of a rookie police officer that I did a ride-along with about 3 years ago.  He told me that he got something like 4 tickets in his first few years of driving, and I guess he was having so much trouble with the points and insurance that he slowed down.

But once he became a police officer, he said he started driving pretty fast again.  I guess he figured he no longer had to worry about getting tickets, and he got used to driving fast on the job.

The cops in my town like to drive pretty fast.  Unless they're on a speed detail, they usually won't bother you for going 10-15 over the limit on the main roads.  And they get pissed off if the person in front of them slows down to the speed limit when they're out cruising around.  It's pretty funny to ride around with those guys, and see things from the other side.  They have no more interest in obeying the speed limits than the rest of us do.

Raza

QuoteI'll guess you. Raza is another strong candidate, he's unlikely to respond well enough to being pulled over to encourage a mere warning.
I've gotten pulled over many more times than I've been pulled over and ticketed.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

I think my number may be up, I've been driving for 3.5years now and i'm yet to be pulled over.  I tend to drive drive what feels safe for that road under those condidtins. Plus i'll be getting a powerful RWD sports car in about 2 - months.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

I say Adam or Mike.  They've got the fastest cars (Corvette and 911 Turbo).

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lazerous

Wait! what? someone on here has a 911 turbo?

Raza

QuoteWait! what? someone on here has a 911 turbo?
Mike does.  It's a 964 (same as the one in Bad Boys).

Aka CSNY225

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lazerous

TurboDan

I'm ticket-free for a year and a half now, so I'd be a good candidate - especially if I move out of the city and do alot of highway driving in NJ.  Although, NJSP hides in the exact same spots everyday, so I know where to slow down.  The last time I got nabbed was when I was driving in South Jersey and wasn't on my usual turf.  

D-man, I have to put my vote in for you, especially now that you have your new car given your "every other vehicle" ticket history.    :lol:  

sparkplug

As high as gas is who can afford to do anything but push their car to work? I think Saxonron and Dazzleman need tickets because they are driving brand new cars too fast for the safety of others.

A Corvette is always a good candidate for a ticket. It looks like its doing 100 sitting still.  So that's why I drive inexpensive midsize domestic car painted white. It blends in with everything, even the asphalt. I wonder if I could put a cloaking device on it. hehe

Run Away

With my shifts at dominos now going much later and my car now running properly, I've been beating the shit out of it. I should really slow down, I've told myself that a few times already.

Been 2 months since my last ticket (I have had 5 tickets in 2 years of driving I think).

saxonyron

QuoteSee, I knew you were a cool guy, Catman, and not one of those good-two-shoes-I-never-do-anything-wrong types.  How else would you have gotten to be friends with a dirtbag like Sax?  :lol:

Your driving record sounds like the record of a rookie police officer that I did a ride-along with about 3 years ago.  He told me that he got something like 4 tickets in his first few years of driving, and I guess he was having so much trouble with the points and insurance that he slowed down.

But once he became a police officer, he said he started driving pretty fast again.  I guess he figured he no longer had to worry about getting tickets, and he got used to driving fast on the job.

The cops in my town like to drive pretty fast.  Unless they're on a speed detail, they usually won't bother you for going 10-15 over the limit on the main roads.  And they get pissed off if the person in front of them slows down to the speed limit when they're out cruising around.  It's pretty funny to ride around with those guys, and see things from the other side.  They have no more interest in obeying the speed limits than the rest of us do.
:lol:  :lol:

I'm shocked that you would impugn my character like that, D-Man!  I mean, I'm a friggin model citizen.  I haven't had a paying speeding ticket since I got pulled over in...hmmmmm....I think it was 1990 - Springfield MA, MSP, my '86 Audi Coupe GT - a humble 75 or so in a 55.  I'm actually not kidding!  I've been pulled over probably 6 or 7 times in the last few years for spirited driving  :P .  Once Nashua NH locals grabbed me doing a couple below the speed limit last year.  They were trolling for drunks near a pool hall that I happened to be exiting from.  Thank God I'm careful about that drinking and driving business.  All I needed was to slip him a Ben Franklin - he performed the sobriety test on his partner and even blew into the tube for me.  Dodged another one!  :rockon:   :lol:

I am due though - found myself Friday on a 6 lane running in the left lane with an F250, Caravan and Corolla in front and an older A4 behind.  Looked at the speedo and was stunned to see it at 93 mph.  I was thinking "this is insane!  I don't want to be running like this with these POSes - it's just not safe!" So I passed them and the other A4 followed.  Traffic around Boston is nuts - it's very Autobahn-like.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteAs high as gas is who can afford to do anything but push their car to work? I think Saxonron and Dazzleman need tickets because they are driving brand new cars too fast for the safety of others.
Hah, thanks man.  The thing is, Sax and I are a little older, and can afford the tickets without a big problem, so they're not likely to change the way we drive.

dazzleman

QuoteWith my shifts at dominos now going much later and my car now running properly, I've been beating the shit out of it. I should really slow down, I've told myself that a few times already.

Been 2 months since my last ticket (I have had 5 tickets in 2 years of driving I think).
That's a pretty impressive record.  You've been getting so many tickets lately that you wouldn't be my candidate for the next person to get one.  I think it's going to be a sleeper like Sax, who has managed to weasel his way out of well-deserved tickets so many times.  In fact, he's weaseled so many times I'm starting to think the guy is French.

It would be pretty funny if Catman took a trip well off his turf and got nailed.  We could really bust his 'nads over that.  Probably won't happen, though.  <_<

dazzleman

Quote:lol:  :lol:

I'm shocked that you would impugn my character like that, D-Man!  I mean, I'm a friggin model citizen.  I haven't had a paying speeding ticket since I got pulled over in...hmmmmm....I think it was 1990 - Springfield MA, MSP, my '86 Audi Coupe GT - a humble 75 or so in a 55.  I'm actually not kidding!  I've been pulled over probably 6 or 7 times in the last few years for spirited driving  :P .  Once Nashua NH locals grabbed me doing a couple below the speed limit last year.  They were trolling for drunks near a pool hall that I happened to be exiting from.  Thank God I'm careful about that drinking and driving business.  All I needed was to slip him a Ben Franklin - he performed the sobriety test on his partner and even blew into the tube for me.  Dodged another one!  :rockon:   :lol:

I am due though - found myself Friday on a 6 lane running in the left lane with an F250, Caravan and Corolla in front and an older A4 behind.  Looked at the speedo and was stunned to see it at 93 mph.  I was thinking "this is insane!  I don't want to be running like this with these POSes - it's just not safe!" So I passed them and the other A4 followed.  Traffic around Boston is nuts - it's very Autobahn-like.
Sax-man, you're my candidate, more than ever.

You've been pulled over 6-7 times in the past few years?  One of these times, you'll be driving away with a nice piece of paper in your pocket, inviting you to send in money or have a friendly chat with a judge.  It's only a matter of time, man.  :lol:

Can you shed more light on the Ben Franklin incident?  That sounds pretty interesting.

dazzleman

QuoteD-man, I have to put my vote in for you, especially now that you have your new car given your "every other vehicle" ticket history.    :lol:
Hah, thanks for the vote of confidence, buddy.  :lol:  :rockon:  

saxonyron

QuoteCan you shed more light on the Ben Franklin incident?  That sounds pretty interesting.
Nah, that was pure fantasy.  :lol:   I often joke about that to my 3 bro-in laws who are cops.  One who's a Mass Statie had a smokin blond hand him her license with a $100 folded under it.  It was a windy day, so he purposely let it blow out of his hands and away into the wilderness.  She didn't know whether to scream, cry or say nothing.  He said nothing, just gave her a "look" like "I could arrest your tight ass for this, bitch!"  Wrote out the ticket and called it a day.   :rockon:

Oh, the real incident was that the cop pulled me over, asked me the questions "anything to drink, where are you going, etc".  Fortunately I am real careful about the DWI stuff, so I only had had one beer in the last hour, so I was as sober as a judge.  (Wait, maybe that's not a good measure!)  They let me go with no sobriety test other than the questions.  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteCan you shed more light on the Ben Franklin incident?? That sounds pretty interesting.
Nah, that was pure fantasy.  :lol:   I often joke about that to my 3 bro-in laws who are cops.  One who's a Mass Statie had a smokin blond hand him her license with a $100 folded under it.  It was a windy day, so he purposely let it blow out of his hands and away into the wilderness.  She didn't know whether to scream, cry or say nothing.  He said nothing, just gave her a "look" like "I could arrest your tight ass for this, bitch!"  Wrote out the ticket and called it a day.   :rockon:

Oh, the real incident was that the cop pulled me over, asked me the questions "anything to drink, where are you going, etc".  Fortunately I am real careful about the DWI stuff, so I only had had one beer in the last hour, so I was as sober as a judge.  (Wait, maybe that's not a good measure!)  They let me go with no sobriety test other than the questions.
Sober as a judge?  If that were the case, you'd be doing time right now, man.... :lol:

My maternal grandfather was a judge, and a serious alcoholic.  He drove completely polluted all the time.  When I was a kid, my mom never let me go in the car with him for that reason.

Pretty funny story about the blonde.  It could have been a lot worse for her, though, if he'd actually charged her with attempted bribery.

One time, I almost got nabbed for DUI.  It was about 20 years ago, and I had been out drinking with a buddy.  I hadn't had too many drinks, but probably enough that I was over the legal limit slightly.

As we were leaving, my buddy and I got a little rowdy in the parking lot of the place, and somebody called the cops.  Nothing much, we were just goofing around.  Before the cops arrived, my friend was gone, but I hadn't pulled off yet.  The cop signaled for me to stop and wait.  Then he came over and told me that I obviously wasn't the problem, and I could leave.  I nearly crapped in my pants because I was afraid he'd want to test my BAC, and then I probably would have been screwed.

On top of that, I had only recently been to court to settle up my second recent speeding ticket, and had received a warning letter from DMV that they'd yank my license for a while if I didn't clean up my act.  I needed another thing right then like I needed a hole in the head.

I left quietly so as not to arouse further suspicion from the cop, and drove VERY carefully the rest of the way home.  Luckily, I didn't live far.

But Sax, now that you've revealed that you have 3 bro-in-laws who are cops, I think I have to revise my bet.  You're pretty well protected.  I may have to go with L. Ed Foote now as my bet on who will get the next ticket.  He's been pretty quiet lately on that front.  Of course, J86 is always a good bet.  :pullover:  

Lebowski

Nevermind.

J86

Now I dont know many of you too well yet, so I cant really say who will be next for sure, but if I had place my bet on someone it would more than likely be J86 just because of this post he made in my thread:

Dude, doing things that result in a potential criminal record is DEFINITELY the way to go!

"Life's too short to take seriously."
:lol:

I got a parking ticket three days ago...

MX793

Now I dont know many of you too well yet, so I cant really say who will be next for sure, but if I had place my bet on someone it would more than likely be J86 just because of this post he made in my thread:

Dude, doing things that result in a potential criminal record is DEFINITELY the way to go!

"Life's too short to take seriously."
:lol:

I got a parking ticket three days ago...
The last (and only) ticket I got was a parking ticket.  That was almost 6 years ago.   :P  
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ifcar

And I've never even had one of those. :praise:

Lebowski

The last ticket I got was for an illegal left turn.  I still make illegal left turns at that intersection because there's no good reason whatsoever to have a no left turn sign there.

I think I'm overdue for a speeding ticket, especially given how I've been driving lately.  :lol: