Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

12,000 RPM

Lol DanMotos. Any cans should be fine with baffles. My Yoshimura gave me a headache with earplugs in.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Speed_Racer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 19, 2018, 02:03:26 PM
Lol DanMotos. Any cans should be fine with baffles. My Yoshimura gave me a headache with earplugs in.

Yeah the DanMotos are literally the worst. They make my head buzz even with earplugs in, and they drown out all the other pleasing sounds the bike makes.

giant_mtb

People have been out snowmobiling the last couple days here on the 2-3' we got Sunday/Monday. It's melting rapidly now as it's in the 50s, but in the woods...the shade...that shit takes a lonnnnng time to melt. I'm hoping mid-May will be mud season. Clean trails by mid-June or July.

12,000 RPM

I was supposed to sell this thing :facepalm:

Shock feels pretty good. Clearance is tight though

SVT_Power

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 19, 2018, 06:02:04 PM
Shock feels pretty good. Clearance is tight though

Tight or tite? Like prom nite?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CaminoRacer

Good man :ohyeah:

I gotta order some fork springs for mine. And change the fork oil.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Gotta-Qik-C7

How you bend that rear rim??
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Me + wife + NYC pothole. Strangely it didn't cause a flat :confused:

I love every scar on this bike. Even with all that, at the track it was bulletproof. Brakes never faded, overheat light never came on... it was just dog slow down that back straight

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 20, 2018, 05:41:52 AM
Me + wife + NYC pothole. Strangely it didn't cause a flat :confused:

I love every scar on this bike. Even with all that, at the track it was bulletproof. Brakes never faded, overheat light never came on... it was just dog slow down that back straight
OK! My boy Joe old bike had a rim bent just like that and it didn't lose air either!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Ah fuck it. ZX6R forks + brakes + Z1000 triple on the way. Next winter I think we're gonna punch it to 700ccs + cams. ~85WHP on pump gas should be enough.

SVT_Power

Day started with:

Then:

Followed by:

Clutch cable snapped just as I was getting off the highway in town. I covered something like 200 miles today, I'm lucky it happened so close to home.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Speed_Racer

It's a pain when that happens, but yeah at least you weren't far from home or out in the boonies.

I also did 200 miles today - visited the Golden Spike Nat'l Monument and Spiral Jetty. The bike and GF enjoyed it.

SVT_Power

I think I forgot how fast this thing can be. I went WOT around 9-10k RPM (redlines at 14k, and it's a I4 derived from the R6 motor) in 2nd gear while getting on the highway...honestly didn't expect it to pull like that.

12,000 RPM

Man that is a lucky break. Like when I caught glass in my tire the day after my track day.

Speaking of which I regret not getting more aggressive tires as a replacement. But the Michelin sport touring tires did well at the track so hopefully the Metzelers will be fine. Been practicing getting a knee off on the stands so I probably won't have it leaned too far on the street anyway.

CaminoRacer

Thursday/Friday should be warm enough at 8 am to ride to work. :rockon:

Speed_Racer

SVT_Power

Changed the clutch cable yesterday. I read online it's a PITA and jesus what a pain.

So where does the clutch cable go? In the service manual, it's that patterned #22 line.

Hmm...supposedly it goes through here:

Let's try with flash:

Was a huge PITA. So it goes down from the bar, into the frame, runs along the frame past the engine, then bends 90 degrees to reach the right cover. But the real problem is, this f'ing clutch cable has 2 90 degree METAL joints in it.

So this was how I ended up pulling the old cable out:

SVT_Power

Oh and while taking the airbox off, I broke the clip for a connector. :facepalm:

12,000 RPM

I wonder if there's a simple aftermarket solution. Mine was very easy to replace

CaminoRacer

Hooray for old bikes. Although I think I ran mine on the wrong side of a frame tube last time. I've been too lazy to fix it, since I'd have to take the clutch cover off the engine again.

SVT_Power

Oh and there was/is a little bracket the cable runs through in that tiny little space between the engine and frame. I read on a forum that at least one guy just took the bracket out because it's such a huge PITA to run the cable through it, and that the bracket is simply there to keep the line out of the way during production.

I ended up yanking on the old cable out of frustration and the clip fell into the frame somewhere so I just said f it and ran the cable without it  :lol:

Tave

My motorcycle love is looking grim at the moment. Should have bought a Honda when my old roomie got his Bimmer, we always promised to get our M-licenses and bikes at the same time.

The lady friend spends so much time reading X-rays and CTs in the ER that she has become terrified of them and brings it up all the time despite the fact that I've never seriously discussed buying one with her. I don't even joke about it and she still won't quit talking about it because she knows how much I love motoring.

I think I'm going to spend the first month of my semi-retirement writing a thesis on why bicycles are more dangerous than motorcycles.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

12,000 RPM

How danger-averse is your lady in general? I feel like anyone who likes Miatas would love a motorcycle. Something like an SV650 or Speed Triple is equivalent to a BRZ with balls.

giant_mtb

I don't think I've ever heard anyone that works in an ER be pro-motorcycle.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2018, 06:41:54 AM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone that works in an ER be pro-motorcycle.

Or pro-fireworks.

giant_mtb

Might buy an old Yamerher Enduro 175. Spotted it in my buddy's dad's barn when I went to check out his new SBS and he showed me the other toys. 

Like this, but obviously not as clean. It runs.

http://b/c/3/eecbc30559f1f44e694c51d8e188d5b4421cb88c.jpg

Er, just Google it.

SVT_Power

Had to dodge 2 cars that pulled out into my lane without looking already this week - including last night in the rain with a passenger on the back. Hopefully drivers start paying attention again.

12,000 RPM

Riding at night....
in the rain....
with a pillion?

But I have the stupid ideas.......

:hmm:

SVT_Power

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 28, 2018, 05:58:55 PM
Riding at night....
in the rain....
with a pillion?

But I have the stupid ideas.......

:hmm:

Yeah because the forecast was wrong, obviously you and the meteorologist are in sync

Speed_Racer

The Leos are installed and sound excellent - a much better riding experience. I left the baffles in and it still sounds great without buzzing my head. Money well spent.