Blinded by the lights

Started by Morris Minor, October 16, 2019, 06:37:18 AM

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on February 14, 2023, 12:16:41 PM
Click the source link, I had ChatGPT write up that pile of fake news :lol:

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on February 14, 2023, 12:16:41 PM
Click the source link, I had ChatGPT write up that pile of fake news :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

GoCougs

lol at the idling idiots - I thought I was the only with the crazy on that. WTF are so many people even doing this? Turn off the car, turn off the headlights, and get out and do something useful. JFC.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MrH on February 14, 2023, 11:25:11 AM
I'm always shocked how many cars are driving with their brights on.  I can tell from a mile away.  I'd say 20% of cars around here have their brights on, blinding everyone.  A lot of times, one of their main headlight bulbs burns out, so their solution is just drive around with their brights on :facepalm:

Same here. Maybe more than 30%.... PLUS the same idiots don't bother turning on their lights in super heavy fog or rain
Will

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 15, 2023, 07:30:20 PM
Same here. Maybe more than 30%.... PLUS the same idiots don't bother turning on their lights in super heavy fog or rain
Same here!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on February 11, 2023, 07:28:32 AM
I love that this thread was bumped.

Nick, do you actually wear sunglasses at night?  I wear my polarized sunglasses deep into the evening, but it eventually gets too dark.  Any recommendation for night lenses?

I've always had really sensitive eyes.  Lasik has made it worse for night driving with the halo effect.

Do you still think Lasik was worth it?

I've maxed out my HSA the past few years so I was thinking about getting Lasik with some of the money.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Kinda related: https://jalopnik.com/man-hires-600-per-hour-national-security-lawyer-to-fig-1850229159

Guy got cut off, flashed the high beams, state trooper behind him ticketed him. Super ritzy lawyer worked pro Bono and beat the ticket.
Will

Rich

QuoteIt's also, for me, what's fun," Zaid said

suddenly I find myself a fan of this lawyer
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

AutobahnSHO

Will

Laconian

Someone told me that in the South there are a lot of trucks that just drive with their light bars constantly on?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

GoCougs

Quote from: Laconian on February 05, 2024, 12:11:55 PMSomeone told me that in the South there are a lot of trucks that just drive with their light bars constantly on?

I've been seeing that a lot. It's the small yellow light bars (and goofy fog lights) but only on late/new model Toyotas - Tundras, Tacomas and 4Runners.

Eye of the Tiger

Literally every Jeep Wrangler
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Submariner2

There is red Chevy Caviler in my area with a yellow fog light bar mounted underneath the grill, one on the roof, and one underneath the rear bumper facing backwards.  All are misaligned and all are apparently on at all times.  I can only imaging how fun it must be to drive behind this mobile lighthouse at night.
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550