***"Drove" a Mercedes-Maybach S580 - WOW!***

Started by cawimmer430, January 23, 2023, 03:43:46 AM

cawimmer430

Shot this beauty yesterday for Ovi Cars Munich. It's a brand new Mercedes-Maybach S580 (Color is "MANUFAKTUR Vintage Blue"). In the course of the photo shoot I had to move it around a lot so I basically got to "drive" it a little. This is one amazing car. Aside from the technology and the new MBUX system which makes the one on my car feel stone age, it's also so smooth and refined.

The V8 engine can't be heard from the inside. Actually the cabin is so quiet. We shoot next to a busy Autobahn with no speed limit, so it's really noisy here. But the moment you get into the S580 and close the doors you're completely isolated from the outside world. I swear you could be driving through a war zone and literally not hear anything that is going on outside.

The position behind the driver's seat also feels nice. The accelerator and brake pedals are so soft allowing the chauffeur to accelerate and brake in such a fashion that the rear occupants of the car won't feel a thing. Steering is very light but at the same time not vague. The only thing that bothered me was that from the driver's POV the Mercedes star at the end of the bonnet was at all times only half visible.

Amazing car. I WANT ONE!  :wub:

The rear compartment is so comfortable. Those seats were simply amazing.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

One of my very wealthy cousins in India has a Maybach (I'm not sure what year or model).  New Delhi is a very noisy city and when his chauffeur drove us around a bit in it, I couldn't believe how quiet it was inside.  Couldn't hear any of the cacophony outside.  I wasn't that comfortable in the back seat because I had to sit on the center arm rest  :lol:

CaminoRacer

What's the point of a V8 over an electric motor if you can't hear it?  :hmm:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Quote from: veeman on January 23, 2023, 01:43:51 PM
One of my very wealthy cousins in India has a Maybach (I'm not sure what year or model).  New Delhi is a very noisy city and when his chauffeur drove us around a bit in it, I couldn't believe how quiet it was inside.  Couldn't hear any of the cacophony outside.  I wasn't that comfortable in the back seat because I had to sit on the center arm rest  :lol:

Behind the rear seats was a refrigerator in the trunk - to keep the 1968 Dom Perignon chilled! :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 23, 2023, 01:51:41 PM
What's the point of a V8 over an electric motor if you can't hear it?  :hmm:

Quicker refueling and range. Imagine how undignified it must be to pull over in this thing and charge for 45 minutes... how dare they! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 27, 2023, 01:39:34 AM
Quicker refueling and range. Imagine how undignified it must be to pull over in this thing and charge for 45 minutes... how dare they! :lol:

Very undignified, because all the other EV owners are in and out in 20 minutes :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

veeman

Quote from: veeman on January 23, 2023, 01:43:51 PM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 27, 2023, 01:38:38 AM
Behind the rear seats was a refrigerator in the trunk - to keep the 1968 Dom Perignon chilled! :lol:

This same cousin of mine got pulled over by the police (I don't know why) and the cops found a suitcase full of money (I don't know how much) in the trunk of his Maybach.  So they interrogated him at the police station and put him in a holding cell.  His octogenarian Dad got him out and the next day his Dad died of a heart attack.  My cousin and his wife then fled to Dubai because he thought he would get arrested for tax evasion.  For two years until he got things sorted out with the Indian tax authorities he lived in Dubai. Recently he came to my house in Connecticut for an evening and I really wanted to ask him about his Maybach but I deferred. 

Just thought I'd share my anecdote of lifestyles of the rich and famous.  He's rich mainly because he supplies the country of Jordan with fertilizer from India. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on January 27, 2023, 06:43:16 PM
Very undignified, because all the other EV owners are in and out in 20 minutes :lol:

Not in Shit Hole Germany where the government is basically asking EV owners not to drive their cars because of a lack of electricity. No joke.

Even Switzerland and the UK are contemplating doing this.

"Renewable" Green Energy is a joke.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: veeman on January 27, 2023, 08:29:25 PM
This same cousin of mine got pulled over by the police (I don't know why) and the cops found a suitcase full of money (I don't know how much) in the trunk of his Maybach.  So they interrogated him at the police station and put him in a holding cell.  His octogenarian Dad got him out and the next day his Dad died of a heart attack.  My cousin and his wife then fled to Dubai because he thought he would get arrested for tax evasion.  For two years until he got things sorted out with the Indian tax authorities he lived in Dubai. Recently he came to my house in Connecticut for an evening and I really wanted to ask him about his Maybach but I deferred. 

Just thought I'd share my anecdote of lifestyles of the rich and famous.  He's rich mainly because he supplies the country of Jordan with fertilizer from India. 

Keep them coming. It's an interesting story for sure. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de