Fiat Punto - mzziaz goes downmarket and gets surprised

Started by mzziaz, March 27, 2020, 03:00:51 PM

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

mzziaz

As a native speaker of a pretty small language, some English exposure is inevitable.

That book isn't translated to Norwegian, and I even prefer Audible over the domestic alternatives.

Anyway, practicing several languages is a good thing, IMO. It is great practice for the brain.

I would like to learn even a third language. German or Spanish, probably, even though I have a strange fascination with Russian.
Cuore Sportivo

Soup DeVille

Quote from: mzziaz on August 01, 2020, 03:51:21 AM
As a native speaker of a pretty small language, some English exposure is inevitable.

That book isn't translated to Norwegian, and I even prefer Audible over the domestic alternatives.

Anyway, practicing several languages is a good thing, IMO. It is great practice for the brain.

I would like to learn even a third language. German or Spanish, probably, even though I have a strange fascination with Russian.

Of course its a good thing, I was just surprised to see you listening to such a US focused book, and never imagined there were many people who would listen to John Bolton outside the US. 
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

mzziaz

It's a bit of an occupational hazard. Anyway, it was recommended to me by a friend who is an awesome political strategist. So I decided to give it a shot.

Bottom line is that US foreign policy has been a complete circus, and Trump is both clueless and totally without principles. But I guess everyone already knew that.
Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 01, 2020, 06:05:30 AM
Of course its a good thing, I was just surprised to see you listening to such a US focused book, and never imagined there were many people who would listen to John Bolton outside the US. 
Pretty popular up here as well.  Though Bolton may not be a popular figure for his political views, people are interested in the "inside scoop."  No doubt Mary Trump's "tell all" is popular for the same reason.  My wife already has her copy.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."