Thoughts on the BMW X1?

Started by Payman, December 15, 2020, 05:55:23 AM

Payman

Looking at a sweet deal on a 2017 BMW X1, xDrive, 2.0T, 8 speed auto, fully loaded. Was there any concerns or complaints about this vehicle?

Lebowski

Get a CRV or RAV4 like an intelligent person. 

Morris Minor

Quote from: Lebowski on December 15, 2020, 07:45:33 PM
I'd have sold you the CR-V but it does miles instead of kilometres and therefore won't accept petrol in litres.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

CALL_911

My mom has one. It's actually not bad to drive, but I'd save my money and go for a CX5. It has better steering than most of the F30 3 series I've driven, but that says more about how mediocre the steering on those cars are, than how good the X1 is. It is a decent looking car, though.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Payman

That's what you told Morris.  :tounge:

Payman

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 15, 2020, 08:45:55 PM
My mom has one. It's actually not bad to drive, but I'd save my money and go for a CX5. It has better steering than most of the F30 3 series I've driven, but that says more about how mediocre the steering on those cars are, than how good the X1 is. It is a decent looking car, though.

Save my money? This one is far more luxurious and loaded than a CX5, for the same money. I love the depreciation drop on 2-3 yr old German cars. I don't know why anyone would buy it new.

SJ_GTI

If you've driven it an enjoy it and the price is good why not buy it. I don't think anyone here has owned a car on that platform so I don't think anyone has experience with it yet.

Payman

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 16, 2020, 07:31:41 AM
If you've driven it an enjoy it and the price is good why not buy it. I don't think anyone here has owned a car on that platform so I don't think anyone has experience with it yet.

Appointment to look at it later today.

Speed_Racer

My GF looked at it briefly when shopping for a CUV, but they are rare around here so we never got to test one in person. Looks fairly roomy for what it is.
In a similar vein, have you checked out a GLA250? They were kinda neat and affordable in the pre-pandemic times

Payman

Quote from: Speed_Racer on December 16, 2020, 09:20:36 AM
My GF looked at it briefly when shopping for a CUV, but they are rare around here so we never got to test one in person. Looks fairly roomy for what it is.
In a similar vein, have you checked out a GLA250? They were kinda neat and affordable in the pre-pandemic times

I haven't, no. In my search of local small SUVs, this X1 came up and grabbed my attention.

SJ_GTI

I've seen a few X1's in my neighborhood. They look more like hatchbacks than an SUV to my eye, which to me is a compliment.  :lol:

r0tor

BMW reliability is pretty rock solid lately

I've driven the sister X2 and wasn't really thrilled by it
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Yes. I should have listened to youse guys three years ago. I let my left brain dominate the right.

Payman

Oh my, I really like it. Blue-gray exterior, mocha brown leather interior. Handles very nice and lots of power, rides a bit stiff but I'm good with that. Tons of luxury features, it's loaded.

https://www.carloft.ca/used/vehicle/2016-bmw-x1-xdrive28i-id10407260.htm

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rockraven on December 16, 2020, 06:37:56 PM
Oh my, I really like it. Blue-gray exterior, mocha brown leather interior. Handles very nice and lots of power, rides a bit stiff but I'm good with that. Tons of luxury features, it's loaded.

https://www.carloft.ca/used/vehicle/2016-bmw-x1-xdrive28i-id10407260.htm
Nice colour combo.

What about the 2017?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Payman

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 16, 2020, 08:40:35 PM
Nice colour combo.

What about the 2017?

2017 is higher kms, no nav and less content, and black/black, which isn't as nice a combo as the 2016.

Morris Minor