Audi Q5
1 (9.1%)
Lincoln MKX
1 (9.1%)
Land Rover Discovery Sport
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MrH

Reviews for the new F-Pace are coming out now and all signs point to it being a great vehicle.  I only trust Jaguar as far as I can throw an F-type, but it's so pretty I'd probably still go with it :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FoMoJo

Quote from: MrH on April 26, 2016, 12:40:17 PM
Reviews for the new F-Pace are coming out now and all signs point to it being a great vehicle.  I only trust Jaguar as far as I can throw an F-type, but it's so pretty I'd probably still go with it :lol:
I'm leaning that way...not the diesel though.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Raza

F-Pace looks nice, but I'd be worried about getting the first year of a brand new model, especially from Jag.

I really like the Q5. I've had the Lincoln as an Uber a bunch of times, they're nice enough to sit in as a passenger, but I don't know about them as owning one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

If you're leasing, maybe consider getting the F-Pace next time around once some more incentives emerge and bugs have been worked out. Between the MKX and Q5, it will come down largely to which car's character you prefer -- bigger and cushier, or smaller and a little sportier. I don't know that either is objectively better than the other, and are well-executed by all accounts.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: ifcar on April 26, 2016, 01:20:46 PM
If you're leasing, maybe consider getting the F-Pace next time around once some more incentives emerge and bugs have been worked out. Between the MKX and Q5, it will come down largely to which car's character you prefer -- bigger and cushier, or smaller and a little sportier. I don't know that either is objectively better than the other, and are well-executed by all accounts.

True, I voted for the F-Pace but getting a 1-2 year lease on a Q5 and then switching to the F-Pace might be a good option.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

veeman

Jaguar is giving some very nice warranty options recently though.  5 year/60,000 mile plus complimentary maintenance for that time period. 

shp4man

The Lincoln has the best dealer network and parts availability. Diesels and turbos are not a plus, IMO. Plus:

:lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on April 26, 2016, 04:35:28 PM
The Lincoln has the best dealer network and parts availability. Diesels and turbos are not a plus, IMO. Plus:

The Lincoln has some advantages and I was seriously looking into it with the 3.7.  I will have to drive each of them to see if there is a distinct driving quality advantage to either of them.

MexicoCityM3

The Q5 is quite obsolete IMO. The F-Pace is getting excellent reviews but I'd guess it's quite more expensive than the Lincoln.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

veeman

Quote from: shp4man on April 26, 2016, 04:35:28 PM

:lol:

All you need is one dealer (near where you live) and any autobody shop can get OEM parts for any of these vehicles within a few days.  It would be a different scenario if you were considering an out of production car.

The pitchman...  He did make that Lincoln look cool. 

veeman

Actually you don't live in the U.S. I think so I don't know if the Jaguar warranty and free scheduled maintenance applies.

The only demerit with the Lexus RX is how common it is.  It's a really great looking SUV inside and out too.

FoMoJo

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on April 26, 2016, 04:51:35 PM
The Q5 is quite obsolete IMO. The F-Pace is getting excellent reviews but I'd guess it's quite more expensive than the Lincoln.
Overall, the Audi is more expensive than the Lincoln.  Lower level models of the Audi are about the same price as mid to high level models of the Lincoln.  Same with Jaguar.  I haven't seen the Jaguar yet, so that might be the clincher.  As well, my wife recognizes Jaguar as the more posh brand so...

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FoMoJo

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on April 26, 2016, 05:59:40 PM
This just came out. I'd definitely spring for the Jag if possible: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-jaguar-f-pace-first-drive-review
I leaning even a little more in that direction.  We've got a few months to make up our minds though.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on April 26, 2016, 06:01:30 PM
The F-Pace...why does it have such a stupid name?
If I get one, I'll just refer to it as a Jaguar.

FoMoJo

Quote from: veeman on April 26, 2016, 04:58:02 PM
Actually you don't live in the U.S. I think so I don't know if the Jaguar warranty and free scheduled maintenance applies.

The only demerit with the Lexus RX is how common it is.  It's a really great looking SUV inside and out too.
Nice colour, but I'm really not a fan of the style.

giant_mtb

Am I the only one who didn't know what an F Face was?  I'm behind on the times.  When I was 13 and got C&D magazines every month I was all over this shit. :lol:

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

F Pace seems like you can get well optioned in the mid $40k. Not bad.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2016, 06:34:50 PM
Am I the only one who didn't know what an F Face was?  I'm behind on the times.  When I was 13 and got C&D magazines every month I was all over this shit. :lol:

I've fallen behind the times a bit as well. But I don't have the time or desire to read car mags like I used to.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2016, 06:34:50 PM

No, I had to look it up. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

68_427

Lincoln offers a custom/bespoke program for the MKX I believe if you wanna be fancy. 

http://www.lincoln.com/blacklabel/
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Do Lincolns lose value as quickly in Canada as they do in the US?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on April 27, 2016, 04:43:36 AM

That's what I was wondering as well.

All three of these seem like cars I'd be happy to have as a rental, but not sure I'd buy any of them. May be a case where leasing makes the most sense, and I'm not a fan of leasing.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on April 27, 2016, 04:43:36 AM
Possibly.
Quote from: Lebowski on April 27, 2016, 05:43:33 AM
That's what I was wondering as well.

All three of these seem like cars I'd be happy to have as a rental, but not sure I'd buy any of them. May be a case where leasing makes the most sense, and I'm not a fan of leasing.
We're favouring leasing over purchase at this stage as we are quite senior.

Raza

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 27, 2016, 06:31:05 AM
Possibly. We're favouring leasing over purchase at this stage as we are quite senior.

If you are leasing, then residuals will matter all the more.  If the Lincoln has shitty resale like it does here, the lease rates will be a lot higher than the other two. 

Also, since I really like it, have you looked at the Land Rover Discovery Sport?  In the US, it's around the same price as the other three.  Newer than the Q5, not as new as the F-Pace. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on April 27, 2016, 07:06:10 AM
If you are leasing, then residuals will matter all the more.  If the Lincoln has shitty resale like it does here, the lease rates will be a lot higher than the other two. 

Also, since I really like it, have you looked at the Land Rover Discovery Sport?  In the US, it's around the same price as the other three.  Newer than the Q5, not as new as the F-Pace. 

I've considered the Land Rover Discovery Sport, but the base price up here is about 50% more than the other 3.

Raza

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 27, 2016, 07:18:08 AM
I've considered the Land Rover Discovery Sport, but the base price up here is about 50% more than the other 3.

Ouch.  Nevermind then.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i