Seat Covers

Started by Eye of the Tiger, May 23, 2019, 12:35:45 PM

Eye of the Tiger

I'm looking at custom-fit, made-to-order seat covers for the Fiesta, because my ass wears out seats way too fast. Also, I wear a dirty monkey suit.

Does anyone have experience with fancy seat covers? I'm looking at these for $263:

http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Leatherette-Custom-Seat-Covers.html

Recommendations? Eh?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Well, that's the company I ordered the saddle blanket covers from for the wagon. They were decent quality and fit well enough, and the company was helpful.

That's about all I can say.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 23, 2019, 12:35:45 PM
I'm looking at custom-fit, made-to-order seat covers for the Fiesta, because my ass wears out seats way too fast. Also, I wear a dirty monkey suit.

Does anyone have experience with fancy seat covers? I'm looking at these for $263:

http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Leatherette-Custom-Seat-Covers.html

Recommendations? Eh?
I recommend the blue. :ohyeah:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Better than any of the garbage you'll get out of universal seat covers from Walmart or whatever.  A little pricey, sure, but if they fit right, they'd be worth it, IMO, and should last.  And vinyl is much easier to clean/keep clean.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 23, 2019, 02:54:27 PM
Well, that's the company I ordered the saddle blanket covers from for the wagon. They were decent quality and fit well enough, and the company was helpful.

That's about all I can say.

Thank you for your review. Please rate five stars.

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 23, 2019, 03:18:28 PM
I recommend the blue. :ohyeah:

I was thinking black sides, and blue or grey centers.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2019, 03:23:54 PM
Better than any of the garbage you'll get out of universal seat covers from Walmart or whatever.  A little pricey, sure, but if they fit right, they'd be worth it, IMO, and should last.  And vinyl is much easier to clean/keep clean.

That shit isn't even worth the box it comes in, unless you have a real basic truck bench seat.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 23, 2019, 03:39:39 PM
That shit isn't even worth the box it comes in, unless you have a real basic truck bench seat.

Yeah. They're okay for short term or in a pinch if you really need them, but otherwise useless.

CaminoRacer

I have a fleece Reds blanket wrapped around the Mazda's drivers seat. It works well enough.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 23, 2019, 04:53:49 PM
I have a fleece Reds blanket wrapped around the Mazda's drivers seat. It works well enough.

That would drive me bananas.