The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 10, 2011, 06:43:03 AM
If your car has XXXL cup holders.  :devil:
Which we do! You have these pieces of junk that slosh coffee into the ventilation system:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Broke past 85 today, only briefly.  Then the entire world realized "OH MY FUCKING GOD WATER IS FALLING FROM THE FUCKING SKY GATHER YOUR FAMILY CLOSE THE END IS NIGH DO 50MPH!"
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

I did ~100 mph the other night on the interstate. Some yutz in a gunned-out POS Cherokee was sorta left lane camping, and when I moved to the right to pass he'd speed up. He had a V8 so it took a bit to get around him; I did so once traffic opened up. I'd had a 12+ hour work day and just wasn't in the mood for games. But that excuse wouldn't matter had I/we gotten popped - would have been BIG TROUBLE. I need to be more judicious.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

0 so far.  And depending on when I decide to start drinking, it might remain 0 all day/night.  I should probably go get some food first, though.

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

FREEDOM, BITCHES!  :rockon:

BMW is back from the shop and I am testing it. :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Made an early morning run to Gaylord to pick up a couple parts for the Durango, so I had to take the X5. 

The northern part of the state has freeways in excellent condition (new in the last five years) and relatively little traffic;

110+  but only for a moment.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

giant_mtb

Quote from: hounddog on March 14, 2011, 10:44:12 AM
Made an early morning run to Gaylord to pick up a couple parts for the Durango, so I had to take the X5. 

The northern part of the state has freeways in excellent condition (new in the last five years) and relatively little traffic;

110+  but only for a moment.

That's a great area for speeding as there're all those trees between the two directions such that a cop on the other side probably won't see you/radar you.  But they always seem to be camping at the secluded turnaround points.  I speed very carefully in that area.

hounddog

The road between East Jordan and Vanderbuilt is fun with the foothills and all the twisty-turnys, the long way but it is worth it.  

The section between Vanderbuilt and Gaylord is one of those areas where a cop would have to be very creative to run radar at any point other than the turn arounds.   Too bad it is not longer.  :lol:

On the upside, I am going to Clare tomorrow.   :winkguy:

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

giant_mtb

Yes! I went up to Boyne Highlands my first weekend of spring break and M32 between Gaylord and 131 sure was a joy to drive. Pesky traffic kept getting in my way and my coddled, overly-cautious friend that was with me kept advising me that going the speed limit was too fast for a brand new Audi.

hounddog

It is alot better between 131 and East Jordan, a trip certainly worth your time next trip up.  

Taking East Jordan-Boyne City Rd to E Deer Rd to Boyne Falls is the way I head out to Vanderbuilt.

Good roads and usually not too clogged up with traffic, but man are they fun.  

I usually average 25-45 above the limit on EJ-BC in the X5.   :lol:   That road just screams to be driven hard.

And, yes, I fully expect a ticket every single time I do it.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

giant_mtb

Hmmm, unfortunately I think my next trip up will be when I go home for summer vacation which means I'll have a car jam-packed with stuff.  I'll have to hit it up sometime, though.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: the Teuton on February 27, 2011, 02:58:28 PM
BTW, Connecticut is nucking futs to drive in. I got all worried when you mentioned how rabid the cops were last year, but I was legitimately the slowest driver at 70 mph or so in that state.

That's funny, everyone in New York hates CT drivers and think we're bad at driving (CT drivers do generally suck) and everyone in Massachusetts thinks we drive too slowly.  

Fairfield County has its own special type of driver I think. Fast, but erratic and unpredictable. The rest of the state drives slowly.

the Teuton

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 14, 2011, 10:03:18 PM

That's funny, everyone in New York hates CT drivers and think we're bad at driving (CT drivers do generally suck) and everyone in Massachusetts thinks we drive too slowly. 

Fairfield County has its own special type of driver I think. Fast, but erratic and unpredictable. The rest of the state drives slowly.

This makes sense then.

Tonight, I hit 80 on the turnpike.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

Had to do some errands in the city today. This was basically the maximum speed I attained.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

132 on US-127 just south of Houghton Lake.

Zero traffic, I was completely alone during this run.

I hit the limiter.  

I would have thought it would do more, honestly though, that really was fast enough in a vehicle this big.  
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

NomisR

I was able to get to 55mph on the freeway today...

r0tor

About 90... I got the rx8 out of storage tonight and put its new shoes on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Another fun day on the Autobahn ruined by shitty weather, poor visibility and traffic. I only managed 140 km/h today.  :zzz:

Weather conditions...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

I had a rotten jerk try to pass me on a double yellow going up a hill on my way to the diner this morning.

Fastest I achieved after that was 28.   :lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

70 in the Econoline. God, this thing is so slow, and the steering wheel is more of a suggestion box.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 2o6 on March 17, 2011, 09:05:30 PM
70 in the Econoline. God, this thing is so slow, and the steering wheel is more of a suggestion box.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hounddog

45 to the diner this am.

Going to head out and sit on the dock for awhile. 

So nice to have the warmth back.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

NomisR

I was able to get up to 89mph this morning since there's light traffic.  If they got rid of all the lane campers, I'd be able to hit 100+ easily.

giant_mtb

Quote from: hounddog on March 18, 2011, 09:19:20 AM
45 to the diner this am.

Going to head out and sit on the dock for awhile. 

So nice to have the warmth back.

What kind of temperatures you gettin' over there?  It managed high-60s here yesterday and the internet's tellin' me it's mid-50s already today.

hounddog

Only about 35 today, but still much warmer than recent.

Yesterday it was about 58, and it felt sooo warm.

Randy told me it was 71 in his neck of the woods yesterday.   :heated:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV