***My Visit to the MAN Museum in Augsburg***

Started by cawimmer430, March 08, 2020, 07:06:06 AM

cawimmer430

The exhibition features early printing presses and Diesel engines. Fascinating stuff! Enjoy!  :ohyeah:

Take a photo with Rudolf Diesel:thumbsup:

Original patent from February 28, 1892, for Rudolf Diesel's compression ignition engine. Amazing!

The Exhibition in Detail

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Pretty amazing stuff.  You could put a coffee table book together, Auto Museums of Germany.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

so fun to see stuff unprotected and unmolested. Here they have to put everything behind barricades and glass.
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 08, 2020, 07:39:35 AM
Pretty amazing stuff.  You could put a coffee table book together, Auto Museums of Germany.

I kinda have that on my Facebook business page! :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 08, 2020, 04:40:52 PM
so fun to see stuff unprotected and unmolested. Here they have to put everything behind barricades and glass.

They do that here as well. I was recently at the Audi Museum again and the three most beautiful exhibits are behind glass.  :cry:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 09, 2020, 12:44:46 PM
I kinda have that on my Facebook business page! :lol:
Just saying, there's good money in coffee table/travelogue publications :huh:.  Still enough old folks around who like to buy that stuff.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 09, 2020, 12:49:44 PM
Just saying, there's good money in coffee table/travelogue publications :huh:.  Still enough old folks around who like to buy that stuff.

I've been thinking about that to make some extra money, but my problem is that I am a perfectionist when it comes to taking photos and a lot of these museums are so tight and cramped with the exhibitions placed so close to one another that the images will end up looking very distracting.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 10, 2020, 05:32:46 PM
I've been thinking about that to make some extra money, but my problem is that I am a perfectionist when it comes to taking photos and a lot of these museums are so tight and cramped with the exhibitions placed so close to one another that the images will end up looking very distracting.
If you're thinking seriously about it the museums would likely, in order to promote their business, be very accommodating and allow for better setups.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 10, 2020, 05:41:50 PM
If you're thinking seriously about it the museums would likely, in order to promote their business, be very accommodating and allow for better setups.

Very true. The question is if they will go for my offer.

Most of them already have booklets and brochures which in many cases show some exhibits outside in their yard or in nature meaning they already have their photographers. They won't go for my offer because for them simple photos mean less costs. I also suspect the photographers they use are employees who either take photos with their smartphones or a simple DSLR.

My selling point would be to give their exhibits that extra something by shooting them at an exciting/interesting location at an interesting time of day/weather with my high-powered portable flashes. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 10, 2020, 05:45:38 PM
Very true. The question is if they will go for my offer.

Most of them already have booklets and brochures which in many cases show some exhibits outside in their yard or in nature meaning they already have their photographers. They won't go for my offer because for them simple photos mean less costs. I also suspect the photographers they use are employees who either take photos with their smartphones or a simple DSLR.

My selling point would be to give their exhibits that extra something by shooting them at an exciting/interesting location at an interesting time of day/weather with my high-powered portable flashes. ;)
If you have the time, might as well try to get in on it.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 10, 2020, 06:04:22 PM
If you have the time, might as well try to get in on it.

I've been very discouraged in such matters because they won't go for my offers. They don't see the point in having professional and exciting photos taken of their exhibits. For them a simple smartphone-camera photo is "good enough". Oh well, I have other clients and they pay good money! ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de