Production 2020 Honda e Bows With RWD, 0-100 KM/H In 8 Sec

Started by cawimmer430, September 06, 2019, 09:35:06 AM

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 09, 2019, 05:29:08 AM
Don't know how it is in Ohio... but it's pretty linear down here. I'm speaking from significant experience :lol: Insurers don't know who is driving your cars so they could all be on the road at the same time.

And we have to pay property tax on our cars every year.
It's damn close here; I just filled up the TLX at under $3 so regular is probably $2.20 or so. Electricity is about $0.12/kWh. So 100 miles costs $4.40 in a 50MPG hybrid and $2.70-$3 in a Bolt

Wait, what?  You pay property taxes on your cars?!  This is wild.

Ohio is like $35/year for registration?  Something like that.  I pay a bit more for my plates because I have a custom one on the Accord, and my alma mater on both.

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

giant_mtb

So...it's just that you pay the registration when you pay your property taxes.

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/title-registration/taxes/Pages/vehicle-property-tax.aspx

North Carolina property tax law requires counties to assess the value of motor vehicles registered with the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles.

As part of NCDMV's Tag & Tax Together program, the vehicle owner pays the property tax at the same time as the vehicle's registration renewal fee.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 09, 2019, 09:28:53 AM
Utah electricity is under 10 cents/kwh :praise:

12-13 is an average for residential service. Single line primary customers (med sized industrial concerns) can pay as little as 6-7.

But conversion and transfer costs to an EV battery mean it costs more like 16-17 cents to get that much charge in your car.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

My last electric bill was actually only 7.59 cents/kwh. :rockon:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 09, 2019, 08:00:23 AM
So...it's just that you pay the registration when you pay your property taxes.

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/title-registration/taxes/Pages/vehicle-property-tax.aspx

North Carolina property tax law requires counties to assess the value of motor vehicles registered with the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles.

As part of NCDMV's Tag & Tax Together program, the vehicle owner pays the property tax at the same time as the vehicle's registration renewal fee.

Yes, property taxes on the car
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SJ_GTI

Personal Property taxes are not unique, there are several states that have them.

They tend to get applied to businesses more than people (because people are not necessarily keeping close track of all their personal property like businesses), but cars are an obvious thing to tax for states that do it. I think they can also apply the same tax to things like boats, planes, etc...

NomisR

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 08, 2019, 12:47:18 PM
I don't think you're gonna get 5 miles per kWh anywhere outside of an SAE contest

Real average is more like 3.5... not far from 50 MPG at $2/gal
Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 08, 2019, 12:55:47 PM
My average is 4-4.2 mi/kw

Where is gas $2? it's currently around $2.70 here and unless the Saudis dump all their stuff on the market again I don't see it going lower anytime soon. If you're paying the same amount for an electric car as you do for gas, something is very, very wrong.

My average is about 3.8 mi/kw, but I drive with Sports mode on

CaminoRacer

Quote from: NomisR on September 10, 2019, 10:25:38 AM
My average is about 3.8 mi/kw, but I drive with Sports mode on

Does that just change the throttle sensitivity? I haven't felt the need to try it. Maybe I will on the way home.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 10, 2019, 06:09:58 AM
Personal Property taxes are not unique, there are several states that have them.

I'm exempt because military but VA, MD, NY, UT, WY, ID, SC, GA all charge property taxes on cars. It's rolled into the registration, most just estimate based on the manufacture date and depreciation from original sticker price.

Older cars are cheap cheap.

Funny enough though, Germany and Japan the price for an older car actually stays pretty high, so it makes more financial sense to get a newer car than it would here. So not tons of old old cars are driving around there- compared to other countries.
Will