2020 Honda Accord In Showrooms September 17, Starts From $23,870

Started by cawimmer430, September 16, 2019, 01:54:32 PM

cawimmer430

2020 Honda Accord In Showrooms September 17, Starts From $23,870

Honda's 2020 Accord can be had from $23,870 (excluding the $930 destination and handling charge), and features Honda Sensing with Traffic Sign Recognition as standard on all trims. The Accord is also the only mid-size sedan in its class to come with a manual gearbox.

Buyers can choose between two turbocharged 4-cylinder engines. The smaller 1.5-liter DOHC unit produces 192 HP (195 PS) and 192 lb-ft (260 Nm) of torque, whereas the 2.0-liter VTEC Turbo packs 252 HP (255 PS) and 273 lb-ft (370 Nm) of torque.

The former can be paired to a CVT automatic transmission or the previously-mentioned manual (six-speed), while the larger engine works alongside a 10-speed automatic – although it too can be had with a manual if you opt for the Sport trim. There are also two exclusive colors available to Sport trim Accord buyers in San Marino Red and Still Night Pearl.

Aside from its Traffic Sign Recognition function, the Accord's Honda Sensing suite of driver-assistive technologies also houses the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) with Pedestrian Sensing, Lane Keeping Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow.

Other standard safety features include the automatic high-beam headlights, a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera and a driver attention monitor. The Blind Spot Information system (BSI) and rain-sensing wipers are optional extras.

As for its convenience features, all 2020 Accord models come standard with Bluetooth music streaming, Hands Free Link and Pandora compatibility. Accord Sport and above trims get an 8-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, while EX and Touring trims feature HD Radio and SiriuxXM satellite radio.

The Touring also adds HondaLink subscription services and comes with built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi, meaning you can even accept in-vehicle package deliveries through Amazon Key.

Details about the 2020 Accord Hybrid's pricing and availability will be announced separately.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/09/2020-honda-accord-in-showrooms-september-17-starts-from-23870/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Xer0

Good for Honda for keeping the 6MT still available on the Accord.  I think its the only midsize sedan that still offers it?

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Xer0 on September 16, 2019, 01:57:59 PM
Good for Honda for keeping the 6MT still available on the Accord.  I think its the only midsize sedan that still offers it?
Yes, and that's true in the luxury space too. I think there are less than 10 sedans on sale across the whole market with an available 3rd pedal. The end is nigh :(
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

veeman

I think a future of electric cars will finally squash the manual transmission, but that's several decades away.  Until then, you'll probably still be able to spec a few new cars with one (mustang, wrangler, mx-5, etc).  For sedans, yeah they're gonna be gone much sooner than that.

Xer0

I think in the next 5/6 years the only sedans that will come with a manual will be economy cars, like the Civic/Jetta/3, and maybe the M3.  Its a small miracle Honda has kept it on the Accord and I'm pretty sure Hyundai has it available on the G70 just because its following sport sedan trends from 5 years ago.  Doubt that makes it past a refresh.

Sports cars will probably have a longer shelf life on the manuals.

12,000 RPM

Modern autos are so good :(

I feel like between the combo of a declining number of 3 pedal drivers and a current oversupply of used manual cars, manual folks should be OK for a while. For example I would love to pick up a manual C5 convertible to basically keep forever. Even a '97 model. I'm sure it would be fine to go another 20+ years with fun car mileage. And I'd bet most "fun" manual cars on the road today fit that bill.

AutobahnSHO

I was strictly in the "manny tranny forever!" camp until dealing with 10min of stop and go traffic a week back in Miata. Gross.
Will

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 17, 2019, 02:02:05 PM
I was strictly in the "manny tranny forever!" camp until dealing with 10min of stop and go traffic a week back in Miata. Gross.

10 minutes? Boy, that's nothing.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 17, 2019, 02:02:05 PM

Traffic killed the manny tranny. I am thinking about trading my manny compact car, which totally sucks in stop n go traffic, for a gas sucking, autotragic SUV.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Xer0

Quote from: Laconian on September 17, 2019, 02:17:56 PM

Yeah, 10 minutes a week?  If that's what it took to get you into an auto, you were never in the manual tranny camp  :lol:

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 17, 2019, 02:18:16 PM
Traffic killed the manny tranny. I am thinking about trading my manny compact car, which totally sucks in stop n go traffic, for a gas sucking, autotragic SUV.

RIP driving enjoyment

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 17, 2019, 02:18:16 PM
Gas is cheap.... acquire Prius/Insight

r0tor

Stop and go isn't bad in a manual if you just let it idle in first gear and concede the fact everyone will be cutting you off
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on September 18, 2019, 07:53:25 AM
Stop and go isn't bad in a manual if you just let it idle in first gear and concede the fact everyone will be cutting you off

Some cars can do that. 1.0 Fiesta cannot. 1st gear is too tall, and there is not enough rotating mass. It requires constant throttle blippage. Race car.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on September 17, 2019, 02:17:56 PM

I just mean I can totally understand not wanting to do that every day. That commute for an hour would be awful!

Lucky my commute is 10min with curves and a couple lights.
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 18, 2019, 07:55:32 AM
Some cars can do that. 1.0 Fiesta cannot. 1st gear is too tall, and there is not enough rotating mass. It requires constant throttle blippage. Race car.

My El Camino can't do it for very long either.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Miater 2.0 can loaf in first prooty well.

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota can loooaf with the best of them. Very truck gears. Torque at idle. Inertia.

r0tor

Come on, my torque less 1.3L can do it all day at an impressive 4mph
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

Quote from: r0tor on September 19, 2019, 09:21:07 AM

Gearing is more important than torque, in my experience.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on September 19, 2019, 09:21:07 AM

I believe 1.0 Fiesta gear ratios are as follows:

1: 3.58
2: 1.92
3: 1.20
4: 0.87
5: 0.68
Final: 3.61

So 1st gear has an overall ratio of 12.9:1.
The engine also has about 2 lb-ft of torque at idle.
What is yours?

CaminoRacer

Eye of the Tiger

r0tor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 19, 2019, 09:37:07 AM
I believe 1.0 Fiesta gear ratios are as follows:

1: 3.58
2: 1.92
3: 1.20
4: 0.87
5: 0.68
Final: 3.61

So 1st gear has an overall ratio of 12.9:1.
The engine also has about 2 lb-ft of torque at idle.
What is yours?

My hamsters get multiplied by 16.7... You need gearz

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on September 19, 2019, 04:51:59 PM
My hamsters get multiplied by 16.7... You need gearz

Echob00st Fiesta is not for sitting in traffic like a Prius. It is made for effortlessly eating up the open road, while using a ridiculously small amount of gas. Traffic is immoral, and no car should be built to sit and idle.

CaminoRacer

Morris Minor

I saw a Cummins diesel Ram 3500 commercial dualie driving up our road trailering an earth digger. The guy's manual upshifts were expert - declutching between ratios. It was good to see and listen to.   :golfclap:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși