Tesla

Started by SJ_GTI, February 23, 2017, 07:11:02 AM

Morris Minor

Quote from: MrH on October 15, 2021, 09:18:30 AM
Naw, it's definitely necessary.  It implies there was a safety defect when it was first released that they didn't catch, and that they are now fixing.  For it to really be effective, you have to evaluate why it wasn't caught before release, and also whether the corrective action fixes it or not.  NHTSA is there to evaluate this kind of stuff.

This has been a long time coming.  The reality is, Tesla plays entirely too fast and loose with safety, and this has been mounting for a long time.  NTSB has been shouting from the rooftops for awhile about NHTSA's failures and pushing for them to act.

Tesla's problem is that
1) The TSLAQ shorts are being dry-anally fucked.
2) It is a non-UAW union thug shop.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

MrH

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 15, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
Tesla's problem is that
1) The TSLAQ shorts are being dry-anally fucked.
2) It is a non-UAW union thug shop.

I don't know why you've taken on the role of Tesla fanboy around here, but your trolling needs some work.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

NomisR

Haven't gotten around to taking a good picture so this is the best picture I have of the car so far.. I ended up getting the gray color.

afty

Woo hoo!  Looks like you already put new wheels on it?

Morris Minor

Nice - are you happy with it?

NomisR

Quote from: afty on October 15, 2021, 11:57:25 AM
Woo hoo!  Looks like you already put new wheels on it?

Wheels, upgraded brake pads, stainless steel lines, fluid of course.. MPP sport coilovers, toe & camber arms, front control arms, master brake cylinder brace.. i can't remember what else.. :lol:

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 15, 2021, 12:06:40 PM
Nice - are you happy with it?

So far so good.. took a road trip up to SF, the car handles really well after the suspension work, it felt almost boring when it took it down highway 1 on the way home.  The scary body roll is no longer there, and the car actually rides a lot better according to my wife after my suspension upgrade.

FoMoJo

Quote from: NomisR on October 15, 2021, 11:44:06 AM
Haven't gotten around to taking a good picture so this is the best picture I have of the car so far.. I ended up getting the gray color.

Looks good.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SJ_GTI

Quote from: NomisR on October 15, 2021, 12:13:05 PM
Wheels, upgraded brake pads, stainless steel lines, fluid of course.. MPP sport coilovers, toe & camber arms, front control arms, master brake cylinder brace.. i can't remember what else.. :lol:

So far so good.. took a road trip up to SF, the car handles really well after the suspension work, it felt almost boring when it took it down highway 1 on the way home.  The scary body roll is no longer there, and the car actually rides a lot better according to my wife after my suspension upgrade.

Congrats! Looks great IMHO, really dig the wheels.

Did you buy new and immediately make those upgrades? Or used?

Morris Minor

2021 Q3 numbers. They did well.

Tesla posts record revenue and profits in third quarter
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/20/tesla-tsla-earnings-q3-2021.html

SJ_GTI

While I think you can still argue they are overvalued, it is starting to look like they are here to stay.

Morris Minor

Quote from: SJ_GTI on October 21, 2021, 08:15:33 AM
While I think you can still argue they are overvalued, it is starting to look like they are here to stay.
If they can ramp up Berlin and Austin okay, I think they'll have the critical mass they want. Herbert Diess's bringing in of Musk to that VW meeting probably did more for Tesla's share price than the Q3 numbers, which I think had mostly already been priced in.

Morris Minor

Very nice & all that, but there's the slight question of where Hertz is going find the money to pay. They've only just come out of bankruptcy.

Hertz orders 100,000 Teslas in largest-ever order for the electric car manufacturer
The rental car company says 20% of its cars will be electric by 2023, with Tesla's Model 3s available starting next month
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/oct/25/hertz-orders-100000-tesla-electric-cars

Payman

My brother got in on the Tesla IPO some 10 years ago. I don't know how much stock he's holding, but he's in line to get one of the first Cybertrucks for free. I wish I paid attention to it at the time.  :cry:

MrH

Quote from: Rockraven on October 25, 2021, 11:46:00 AM
My brother got in on the Tesla IPO some 10 years ago. I don't know how much stock he's holding, but he's in line to get one of the first Cybertrucks for free. I wish I paid attention to it at the time.  :cry:

:lol:!
Sure he is
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SJ_GTI

I presumed the insinuation was that the gains in the stock are what is paying for the Cybertruck.

Morris Minor

MrH

Quote from: SJ_GTI on October 25, 2021, 12:15:46 PM
I presumed the insinuation was that the gains in the stock are what is paying for the Cybertruck.

I figured he was talking about the referral program that Tesla has since ended, where if they refer enough other people to buy Teslas, they get a free vehicle?  That might have only applied to the "roadster" though that isn't anywhere close to existing, just like the Cybertruck.

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

MrH

This is all happening as the NTSB sends this letter to Tesla and Missy Cummings is appointed to NHTSA.  Oh, and Tesla rolled out another software update that was causing vehicles to slam on their brakes all over the place, then had a roll back.  Every time I think this story gets crazier, it just accelerates and gets wilder.

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Laconian

Quote from: MrH on October 25, 2021, 12:22:47 PM
This is all happening as the NTSB sends this letter to Tesla and Missy Cummings is appointed to NHTSA.  Oh, and Tesla rolled out another software update that was causing vehicles to slam on their brakes all over the place, then had a roll back.  Every time I think this story gets crazier, it just accelerates and gets wilder

...and the stock price goes up. This is exactly how I feel about cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on October 25, 2021, 12:35:00 PM
...and the stock price goes up. This is exactly how I feel about cryptocurrencies and NFTs.

Yep.  It's going to an epic meltdown when things normalize.  The SEC has let this disaster get so big, we're all going to be hit hard by this indirectly.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

MrH

It's the gamma squeeze of the century, right before Elon sells.  It's amazing to watch in real time.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

r0tor

The NTSB issue is interesting in the world of over the air updates.  It seems the NTSB is upset that Tesla found a problem and served up a fleet wide solution without going through the NTSB to file a report and then publicize the report and then send letters in the mail to all owners they should contact Tesla for a fix.

...because the old method where I get a recall notice 2 months after news breaks of a recall and then contact the dealer for a fix who replies they are still working on it or have no parts in stock is clearly superior....
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Getting Cummings on the inside was a genius move by the shorts.

MrH

Quote from: r0tor on October 25, 2021, 12:55:44 PM
The NTSB issue is interesting in the world of over the air updates.  It seems the NTSB is upset that Tesla found a problem and served up a fleet wide solution without going through the NTSB to file a report and then publicize the report and then send letters in the mail to all owners they should contact Tesla for a fix.

...because the old method where I get a recall notice 2 months after news breaks of a recall and then contact the dealer for a fix who replies they are still working on it or have no parts in stock is clearly superior....

The bigger issue is pushing problems to customers over and over again because they don't do any validation.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

MrH

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 25, 2021, 01:10:15 PM
Getting Cummings on the inside was a genius move by the shorts.

:confused:  What?
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

GoCougs

Quote from: Laconian on October 25, 2021, 12:35:00 PM

$1T - now just wait for SpaceX! (Unrelated to SpaceX, but suffice it to say I have NO respect for 98% of the new space race.)

To be fair, Amazon was on much the same trajectory, and finally eked it out after ~20 years (though still trading at a P/E double Big Tech average).

I mean, who doesn't love a disruption story, but Musk has garnered far too much negative equity IMO. Look at the various systems and what they let him get away with of which we know about, imagine that which we don't know about.

Galaxy

1 TRILLIONdollars?  :confused:

Morris Minor

Judge him by his enemies. If you look at them, you have to be special needs not to realize that he has some merit.