The supply chain, cheap shit, and the revaluations from it.

Started by shp4man, October 14, 2021, 01:10:29 PM

shp4man

I've been running a Motorcraft 910s oil filter on the Miata. Have you heard  your car rattle on cold startup? This could be caused by the check valve  in the oil filter.
The 910s wasn't available online, so I bought the premium Fram (I hate Fram)  oil filter, which includes a leak back valve.
Holy crap! No rattle on startup!

Filter was $9, but worth it. Made in USA. Go for it.

CaminoRacer

I've never had an issue with the higher end Fram filters. I've got a decade's worth of free K&N filters in a box in my garage though. For both the El Camino and Miata. I also like Wix, although the Mazda6 cartridge filter from Wix was crappy (diameter was slightly too large and it broke the plastic housing when I tried to remove it).
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 14, 2021, 03:25:53 PM
I've never had an issue with the higher end Fram filters. I've got a decade's worth of free K&N filters in a box in my garage though. For both the El Camino and Miata. I also like Wix, although the Mazda6 cartridge filter from Wix was crappy (diameter was slightly too large and it broke the plastic housing when I tried to remove it).

Stuff changes with car parts, for sure.  :ohyeah:

Eye of the Tiger

I get Pro Tec oil filters by the case on Rock Auto for $1.38, each. Made by Wix in the USA.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

VW recently had Elon Musk give a talk in their executive level meeting on how Tesla is succeeding while VW is failing with supply chain issues... Just amazing
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed