Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

giant_mtb

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 link=topic=31664.msg2118161#msg2quote author=BENZ BOY15 link=topic=31664.msg2118161#msg2118161 date=1432400348]
Maybe something with UP in it that isn't necessarily to do with the name Tacoma. At least there it gives you 5 other characters to work with.

I was going to say UP Detail but that's one letter too many.

A friend of mine suggested TOYOOPA.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 11:03:52 AM

I like that a lot better than TacoETR.

SVT666

Rupert

Quote from: SVT666 on May 23, 2015, 08:14:29 AM
:facepalm:

Tacomas are often referred to as "Taco".

So are vaginas.

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 10:39:50 AM
If I felt like finishing off the look, some 35s and some nice black wheels thay give it a little offset would be really sweet. But this is a DD.  I don't want 35s on my DD and I'm not huge into offroading, so theres no need for me.  Perhaps I can get new wheels later on...the ones on it were beginning to corrode. Previous owner painted them a bit.  But if I did, I'd still stick to a stockish tire, especially if I removed the lift.

Bro Taco style? Bad news. I think a truck that looks like that turns you into a raging twat.

What tires are on it? My philosophy for a useful not-tacky off-roadable truck is stock height, stock suspension, good load range E AT tread tires, locking rear diff, and added lighting on the front.

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 10:46:59 AM
The guy also gave me an HID bi-xenon kit with it, including bulbs and ballasts. I'm guessing the guy he bought it from had it wired up in the silly tinted lens headlights before the frame was replaced.  Might rig it up and see if it's any good.

Be careful using stock style lenses with brighter bulbs. Stock lenses are not designed for bright bulbs and scatter a lot of light at oncoming drivers.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

Yeah, I'm not bro-ing it out. How many times do I need to say it......?? :facepalm:

Tires are Cooper Discoverer A/T^3, stock size, 245/70/17...not much life left. Will probably need/want something new come winter.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rupert on May 23, 2015, 02:29:34 PM

Be careful using stock style lenses with brighter bulbs. Stock lenses are not designed for bright bulbs and scatter a lot of light at oncoming drivers.

No shit. That's why I said I want to see if it's any good. Ya know?

Rupert

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 02:37:28 PM
Yeah, I'm not bro-ing it out. How many times do I need to say it......?? :facepalm:

Tires are Cooper Discoverer A/T^3, stock size, 245/70/17.

Well, you did just describe how sweet it would look bro'd out, so maybe a couple of more times. ;)

Those look like good enough tires.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 02:40:23 PM
No shit. That's why I said I want to see if it's any good. Ya know?
Unless you think those lenses were designed for HIDs, don't waste your time.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rupert on May 23, 2015, 02:45:15 PM

Well, you did just describe how sweet it would look bro'd out, so maybe a couple of more times. ;)

Those look like good enough tires.

Just cause I like the look of some of them doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. :lol:

I'm a very functional person...I don't like unnecessary crap. I don't need big tires or lift or to show off how big I think my penis is and I don't do serious off roading, so it would just be silly.

giant_mtb

TRUCK carried an 8' table back to a friend's house across town earlier.  FUCK YEAH TRUCK TASKS.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 09:59:44 PM
TRUCK carried an 8' table back to a friend's house across town earlier.  FUCK YEAH TRUCK TASKS.

Now everyone will need to borrow the truck.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

I had an 8 ft table in my wagon with rear hatch closed.

Scrub.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 23, 2015, 10:23:52 PM
Now everyone will need to borrow the truck.

And this.  It's not your truck anymore. 
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on May 23, 2015, 10:28:41 PM
I had an 8 ft table in my wagon with rear hatch closed.

Scrub.

The table got to my place in the TBlaze with the front passenger seat scooted all the way forward.  Goddamn, it was so much easier with TRUCK.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on May 23, 2015, 10:29:07 PM
And this.  It's not your truck anymore. 

UP Detailing & TRUCKing, LLC

$6/mile.  No negotiations.  :lol:

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 10:33:55 PM
The table got to my place in the TBlaze with the front passenger seat scooted all the way forward.  Goddamn, it was so much easier with TRUCK.

Yup I had the back seats down, front seat pushed forward and bent over, and my friend in the hatch squished under the table.  :lol:
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on May 23, 2015, 10:38:39 PM
Yup I had the back seats down, front seat pushed forward and bent over, and my friend in the hatch squished under the table.  :lol:

:lol:

AutobahnSHO

Will

giant_mtb

Hard shell?  (Honestly missed that post)

AutobahnSHO

yeah, dumb taco joke
Will

giant_mtb

Ohhh haha Took me a second. That is a good one. A bit more subtle.

See, I'm not really a taco guy, so it just kinda went over my head. :lol:

BENZ BOY15

How much are you using the moped these days?

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 24, 2015, 02:33:14 PM
Ohhh haha Took me a second. That is a good one. A bit more subtle.

See, I'm not really a taco guy, so it just kinda went over my head. :lol:

Unfortunately, pasty doesn't fit in anywhere.

giant_mtb

Not really much of a pasty guy, either. :lol:

I'm a picky eater with a small palate of acceptance. :mask:

giant_mtb

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on May 24, 2015, 02:44:02 PM
How much are you using the moped these days?

I've put about 120 miles on this season. Filled it up when I got it out and haven't had to fuel it up since.

Submariner

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on May 23, 2015, 01:45:49 AM
:facepalm:

That's one of the stupidest license plate ideas I've heard of. I don't live there but I'm willing to venture a guess that there aren't too many tacos being made and eaten in the UP. Even if that were the case and they happened to be his favorite food, it would still be dumb.

Perhaps it would make sense on some level in that case, but even still...it's corny as hell.

lol
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 24, 2015, 02:52:17 PM
Not really much of a pasty guy, either. :lol:

I'm a picky eater with a small palate of acceptance. :mask:

I tried one and it just didn't do it for me. Not sure if it was that I had never eaten one before or what, but I didn't especially like it. Meat, potatoes....wrapped in a pastry.

I can see how it'd make a good lunch for the workers down in the copper mine though.

giant_mtb

Has anyone ever told you that you repeat yourself...a lot...? :lol:

BENZ BOY15

Yeah, I suppose so.

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2015, 11:03:52 AM

What about TOYOPER? I kinda like that one better, though they are rather similar. You'll think of something eventually that'll fit. Or if nothing works out you could just get a regular license plate. ;) :lol:

But this tread got me thinking about getting one myself and if I did, I was thinking "MTN LVN" or "MTN RE" would be good choices. I never knew until just now that I can actually get a speciality plate after a regular one is issued but I'm wrong about that apparently.

I want to get one.