Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 10, 2019, 12:32:06 PM
Didn't they used to be little stripes on the back?

They still have the //M badge back there too, but they've been doing the //M colored decals and other design accents for almost 50 years, even on non-//M cars. 

93JC

Those are BMW Motorsport's colours, and the stripes on the M logo come from the 2002 Turbo and 3.0CSL's racing liveries. BMW Motorsport worked on the 2002 Turbo; they had nothing to do with the X5 or X6.

To me it'd be like if you bought a Ford Explorer in the GT40's Gulf livery.

BimmerM3

Quote from: 93JC on April 10, 2019, 07:22:37 PM
Those are BMW Motorsport's colours, and the stripes on the M logo come from the 2002 Turbo and 3.0CSL's racing liveries. BMW Motorsport worked on the 2002 Turbo; they had nothing to do with the X5 or X6.

To me it'd be like if you bought a Ford Explorer in the GT40's Gulf livery.

Meh, I gave up the fight against faux-//M SUVs a few years ago. It's silly but me getting all upset about it isn't gonna change anything.

CALL_911

What I really hate is seeing the M colors on the teeth of the grill on like a 320xi or some shit. It looks like garbage too.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CaminoRacer

I saw Italian flag colors like that on Maserati grill last summer. Thought it looked okay, maybe kinda cool.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

93JC

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 10, 2019, 08:43:29 PM
Meh, I gave up the fight against faux-//M SUVs a few years ago. It's silly but me getting all upset about it isn't gonna change anything.

I'm not "all upset about it", just called a spade a spade.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Holy shit! A 1950s Mercedes-Benz 300S Cabriolet A! Only 203 of these were made.   :mask:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Such eye candy; especially in comparison to the featureless blobs of metal in the background. :ohyeah:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 15, 2019, 06:38:50 AM
Such eye candy; especially in comparison to the featureless blobs of metal in the background. :ohyeah:

:hesaid:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

BMW prototypes, including the next 1-Series.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 15, 2019, 06:33:27 AM
Holy shit! A 1950s Mercedes-Benz 300S Cabriolet A! Only 203 of these were made.   :mask:

One of these days, I'm going to have to look into the history of grille medallions.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

Classic Mercedes-Benz "Kurzhauber" 710 Firetruck.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Nice Dash.

Like a nice, clean truck dash.. ;)

Also like patina

BimmerM3

Sorry for crappy composition.

cawimmer430

Lamborghini Diablo

Quote from: shp4man on April 17, 2019, 07:38:43 PM
Nice Dash.

Like a nice, clean truck dash.. ;)

Also like patina

:ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

Found dazzleman's next car in the parking lot at Home Depot:

93JC

Also saw a Ferrari on my way home. Definitely front-engined but I'm not sure which, F12 or 812.

Laconian

A very loud but otherwise super pristine R34 GT-R. Sounded almost like a sportbike when it was approaching me.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Gorgeous, both of them.  A pretty rare Daimler, I would think.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

93JC

Yeah, at first I was like "Nice Jag Mark II. 'Cept where's the 'leaper' hood ornament? That's weird... Wait a minute... Ooooh, that's a Daimler!"

93JC

Forgot to post this, saw it about a month ago.

Can anyone else tell if it's a Continental R or a T? I think it's a T...

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 22, 2019, 07:50:45 AM
Gorgeous, both of them.  A pretty rare Daimler, I would think.

Indeed!

Spotted today, Renault R4!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Simple lines, but pleasant to look at.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 24, 2019, 12:16:23 PM
Simple lines, but pleasant to look at.

And so spacious inside and a revolution in terms of using cabin space for practical purposes. This was the French equivalent of a Ford Excursion back in the day - literally. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Silver convertible Viper. But with perfect 70deg weather the top was up. :confused:
Will

JWC

Saw a mid-seventies Nova today at a car lot. Beautiful. I might go back and snap some photos. 

afty

You see some cool cars at the car wash.  '92 Acura NSX, only 2 owners.  It was beautiful.

cawimmer430

Lovely A200 AMG Line with Night Package and the 18" 5-Spoke AMG wheels. I'm glad I got the 19" RIAL M10 for mine!

www.wimmerfotografie.de