***Geiger US Cars Munich***

Started by cawimmer430, August 08, 2019, 02:32:20 PM

cawimmer430

Was in the neighborhood, so I stopped by and took some snapshots. The cars I want the most are that gorgeous yellow '58 Chevrolet Apache Pickup and the '59 Cadillac Eldorado! Damn!  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

What a nice showroom.  Goddamn I'd love to be the resident detailer there...keep everything dusted and shiny. :wub:

Galaxy

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2019, 02:49:04 PM
What a nice showroom.  Goddamn I'd love to be the resident detailer there...keep everything dusted and shiny. :wub:

Definitely a dream job. They have a huge crew which you can see here: https://geigercars.de/unternehmen/mitarbeiter/

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on August 08, 2019, 03:12:19 PM
The '59 Cadillac is beautiful.

One of the most beautiful Cadillacs ever along with the 1957-1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. God damn that thing is hot.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

Love those old Corvettes, such a great design.

Galaxy

Was a bit surprised to find out that Geiger is a official Chevrolet, and Cadillac partner. Looked it up, and GM does export the entire Cadillac range (including Escalade) + Corvette, and  Camaro to Europe. I am not sure why GM bothers. Geiger then imports the Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe + GMC on their own accord.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on August 10, 2019, 12:06:15 AM
Was a bit surprised to find out that Geiger is a official Chevrolet, and Cadillac partner. Looked it up, and GM does export the entire Cadillac range (including Escalade) + Corvette, and  Camaro to Europe. I am not sure why GM bothers. Geiger then imports the Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe + GMC on their own accord.

I wonder who buys them. I rarely see any GM products (aside from Corvettes) driving in the city.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

That Power Wagon is intensely cool. The 58 Chevy is very rare. Worth $.

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 10, 2019, 05:23:51 AM
I wonder who buys them. I rarely see any GM products (aside from Corvettes) driving in the city.

Of the US trucks, I would say ~90% I see are Rams, which is quite popular with the horse riding crowd, although they are generally de-rated to 3,500kg and converted to LPG or CNG.

There is a Husky sled race in my area I like to visit every winter, and it funny but most of the contestants are in US trucks, I think to some extent it borders on cos play. They do not play an anime or Star Trek character, they play 'Murrican.

Laconian

I see American H-D biker cosplayers in France. Creaky leather outfits drenched with 'Murican flags, eagles, and whatnot.. but speaking fluent French.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on August 10, 2019, 11:32:39 AM
That Power Wagon is intensely cool. The 58 Chevy is very rare. Worth $.

This one appeared to be customized. It appeared lowered to me and had some bling bling chrome wheels added to it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on August 10, 2019, 12:52:59 PM
Of the US trucks, I would say ~90% I see are Rams, which is quite popular with the horse riding crowd, although they are generally de-rated to 3,500kg and converted to LPG or CNG.

There is a Husky sled race in my area I like to visit every winter, and it funny but most of the contestants are in US trucks, I think to some extent it borders on cos play. They do not play an anime or Star Trek character, they play 'Murrican.

Yep, the Dodge RAM is the most "popular" US pickup I see around here. Ford and GM pickups? You'd be lucky to see one at all!!!

www.wimmerfotografie.de