Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

giant_mtb

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 30, 2019, 06:46:52 PM
33 psi, IIRC.

I'm at the shop, gonna wash 'er up tonight and drop them to 35 and see what kinda sag there is.  They look correct at 40, just don't wanna introduce any abnormal wear. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 30, 2019, 07:09:08 PM
Thanks! People have said it makes me look like a cop.

You need a light by the A pillar and you'll be able to drive with the lane wide open
Will

giant_mtb

That generation of Explorer is my favorite.  For both practical and sentimental reasons.

giant_mtb

Here she is on a level surface. Ready for a bath. New shoes deserve a bath.

FoMoJo

Are those scratches on the front bumper?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 31, 2019, 09:28:23 AM
Are those scratches on the front bumper?

Yes. Was in a tight spot and it was either rip my passenger side mirror off on a tree, or scrape a fence a bit with the driver side front corner.  Backing up was...not an option. :lol:

Battle scars. :rockon:

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 31, 2019, 09:48:59 AM
Will it buff out?

No.  Plastic bumper, the paint is scraped away.  Otherwise I would've done so three years ago when it happened. :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 31, 2019, 11:16:04 AM
No.  Plastic bumper, the paint is scraped away.  Otherwise I would've done so three years ago when it happened. :lol:
Oh, I assumed it was recent.

giant_mtb

Speedometer reads correctly now with the larger tire, as confirmed by GPS and a couple residential speedometer sign unit things. It read about 2mph slow before, but it's right on now. 

RomanChariot

It should read slower with larger tires.

giant_mtb

Quote from: RomanChariot on August 09, 2019, 08:33:25 AM
It should read slower with larger tires.

Correct.  Previously, when my speedometer indicated 60mph, I was actually going 58mph.  The larger tire "compensates" for that 2mph error so that when the speedometer says 60mph, it actually is 60mph. 

If that...makes sense. :lol:

I think what I meant to say in that other post is that my speedometer was actually reading high, not low, as it indicated I was going 2mph faster than I actually was.

RomanChariot

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 09, 2019, 08:44:21 AM
Correct.  Previously, when my speedometer indicated 60mph, I was actually going 58mph.  The larger tire "compensates" for that 2mph error so that when the speedometer says 60mph, it actually is 60mph. 

If that...makes sense. :lol:

I think what I meant to say in that other post is that my speedometer was actually reading high, not low, as it indicated I was going 2mph faster than I actually was.

Thanks for clarifying.

AutobahnSHO

Most speedos read a little low. Miata speedo is exactly 2mph low according to GPS and speedlimit radar signs..
Will

Soup DeVille

Huh. IME, its normal for them to read slightly high.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 09, 2019, 07:12:28 PM
Huh. IME, its normal for them to read slightly high.

I would imagine them reading slightly high (as mine did) is good "insurance."  But I feel like these days with new cars and everything super digital, they should be on point.

CaminoRacer

My E46 was 2% high. I know this because I had cruise control set to 100 mph and got a ticket for 98 mph. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Oops, I meant high.
Speedo says 52 I'm really going 50 according to googz phone gps magics.
Will

Morris Minor

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 13, 2019, 08:22:03 PM
Oops, I meant high.
Speedo says 52 I'm really going 50 according to googz phone gps magics.
That's about what I see in the G37 - the speedo reads higher than actual.
The CR-V though is dead accurate.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

RomanChariot

I remembered reading once about how German car speedometers were always high because the law required them to never read low for any tire size put on the vehicle. I did a little checking and that is pretty much correct. The regulation is found in European Union rule 39. It applies to all sizes of tire that a manufacturer intends to fit the vehicle with except snow tires. The speed at which vehicles are tested is determined by the maximum design speed of the vehicle. For cars designed to exceed 150km/h (Carspin cars) the car must be tested at 40km/h, 80km/h and 120km/h. The indicated speed (V1) must relate to the true speed (V2) according to the following formula.

0 ≤ (V1-V2) ≤ 0,1V2 + 4km/h

That means that at the top tested speed of 120km/h the indicated speed could be between 0-16km/h (0-10mph) higher than the true speed.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: RomanChariot on August 19, 2019, 09:23:32 AM
That means that at the top tested speed of 120km/h the indicated speed could be between 0-16km/h (0-10mph) higher than the true speed.

That's pretty nuts!
Will

giant_mtb

giant_mtb

The fender flares were overdue for a fresh coat of paint. Pretty much an annual thing to keep them nice and black. The sun fades them a bit, but I think most of it comes from harsh winter road spray. Kind of a pain to get off and put back on, but worth it.

FoMoJo

What happened to the rear wheel?

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 01, 2019, 08:31:05 AM
What happened to the rear wheel?

Winter happened. All four are pretty much like that. They survived one winter without corrosion but not since.

giant_mtb

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Annnnd right back to where we started.

Submariner

The freshly painted flares make such a huge difference...they look great.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550