Extremely Fake Porsche Carrera GT Might Give You A Laugh Or Two

Started by cawimmer430, October 26, 2018, 08:52:51 AM

cawimmer430

Beautiful.

Not.

Extremely Fake Porsche Carrera GT Might Give You A Laugh Or Two

Let's say you've never seen a real Porsche Carrera GT in your life. Would that in turn lead you to think something like this Fiero-based replica was the real deal? We'd like to think that it wouldn't, unless it only caught your eye from a (great) distance.

The vehicle is currently up for sale on eBay in the UK, and the seller wants £12,995 (equal to $16,770) for it. The ad also states that full specs for the car are unknown and that it has spent most of its time in a garage.

Speaking of specs, we can tell you straight away that this car does not have a V12, despite the badging. For one, such an engine would have (probably) cost more than the body kit, and second, the real Carrera GT doesn't come with twelve cylinders anyway.

What the actual Carrera GT does have, in reality, is a 5.7-liter mid-mounted V10, producing 612 PS (603 HP) and 590 Nm (435 lb-ft) of torque, with the help of a 6-speed manual transmission and a "troublesome" clutch.

If anything, the least the builder could have done was get the number of cylinders right...

Porsche gave the original Carrera GT a pretty luxurious cabin, with excellent materials throughout and proper everyday convenience features such as air conditioning, cruise control, power windows, a premium audio system and so on.

This replica, on the other hand, kind of falls short on the features list. Way short. Frankly, the upper dashboard looks ridiculous, and that massive 'Carrera' lettering could probably be used as a lethal weapon.

By the way, this car claims to be Carrera GT RS, if you look at the rear end, a version that never existed in real life.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/extremely-fake-porsche-carrera-gt-going-12995-ebay/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

The only thing I really find objectionable there is the badging. If the builder hadn't tried to pass it off as a GT, it would be a decent project car.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Payman

Yeah, take the goofy top and badging off, and spruce up the interior, and I ain't mad at it.

CaminoRacer

I've seen some fake Buggatis. Also saw a Countach last week and couldn't tell if it was real or not. There wasn't anything major that was off about it, but it had a Chevy V8 in it and the size seemed a bit different than I expected.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Countach replicas were a hot thing for a while, many of them outperforming actual Countaches (Counteech?)- was wasn't that hard once the mystique of them fell away and we started getting some real performance numbers from them.

But yeah, most used the GM TH425 transmission, and a V8 on top of it (yeah, basically on top) is too high to fit under a normal Countach decklid.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Given where it started I'm impressed. The roof and wheel/tire fitment need work, but we've seen much, much, much, much, much, MUCH worse.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Galaxy

Soup DeVille

Galaxy

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 26, 2018, 12:34:37 PM
http://www.kitcarmike.com/the-car-factory-store.aspx

Not sure what the lights originally came off of.

Ahh so it is a finished kit instead of something he cobbled together. That explains why the name was changed to something Porsche does not own a trademark of.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Galaxy on October 26, 2018, 01:07:39 PM
Ahh so it is a finished kit instead of something he cobbled together. That explains why the name was changed to something Porsche does not own a trademark of.

That's a company that installs kits; I couldn't find the actual manufacturer of the body parts. Its likely they're out of business.

But yes, and apparently there are as many as 18 of them out there and they're Boxster, not Fiero based.

giant_mtb

Passing off a Boxster as another, better Porsche is at least less egregious than a fuckin' Fiero-based Porsche.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 26, 2018, 04:23:49 PM
Passing off a Boxster as another, better Porsche is at least less egregious than a fuckin' Fiero-based Porsche.

But it'd still be a cooler car if it was left alone as a Boxster
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

12,000 RPM