Driven Today!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 20, 2007, 01:43:23 PM

93JC

Quote from: 68_427 on July 13, 2018, 07:18:56 PM
Great looking car in that picture.  Didn't realize they were on sale

Been available in Canada for a couple months, but still not available in the States as far as I know. His is a 3.3T Dynamic.

MX793

Took a spin around the block in my grandfather's '65 Impala convertible after helping him adjust the steering box.  3-on-the-tree was an interesting experience, but not as bad as I was expecting.  Been a long time since I drove anything without power steering.  Steering was slow and a bit light on center.  Brakes were awful, the tires were 25-30 years old, and the shocks tired, but the 283 felt pretty strong.  Could have used another gear, as 3rd was pretty short.  Taller rear end might have helped, but I wouldn't want 1st to be any taller.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

2018 Mercedes-Benz A200 AMG Line - HOLY F*CK. I am just blown away by this car and the amazing technology!  :wub:

FULL REVIEW: https://www.carspin.club/index.php?topic=34739.new#new

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Quote from: MX793 on September 07, 2018, 12:12:21 PM
Took a spin around the block in my grandfather's '65 Impala convertible after helping him adjust the steering box.  3-on-the-tree was an interesting experience, but not as bad as I was expecting.  Been a long time since I drove anything without power steering.  Steering was slow and a bit light on center.  Brakes were awful, the tires were 25-30 years old, and the shocks tired, but the 283 felt pretty strong.  Could have used another gear, as 3rd was pretty short.  Taller rear end might have helped, but I wouldn't want 1st to be any taller.
Nice old boat.  Does he keep it in good shape?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 07, 2018, 12:34:24 PM
Nice old boat.  Does he keep it in good shape?

It's not quite show quality, but it's in good shape.  He had it repainted a few years ago and the interior is in really nice shape (not sure if it's original or not).  Top is a little dingy (it's white) but I'm pretty sure it has no holes or tears.  It's a pretty rare configuration due to the 3-on-the-tree.  Most were spec'ed with console shifters.  Seldom drives it.  He has a small collection of older cars, most of them pre-1950, and I think he tends to drive those more when he pulls one of his classics out.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on September 07, 2018, 12:12:21 PM

Yeah, welcome to the time period of not enough gears for around town + highway. You can be fast(ish) on one or the other, not both.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

93JC

Not driven 'today', but driven every day for the past week: brand new Toyota 4Runner SR5. I had reserved a "Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar)" to make it easier to haul some stuff around for my sister's wedding and to shuttle my parents and other relatives around the Washington, DC area. Instead I got the 4Runner, which was so tall it was much more impractical than a midsized sedan or something like that.

If your intended purpose is to do some mild offroading the 4Runner felt like it would be more than competent. For everything else it was 'okay': 'okay' ride and handling, 'okay' power, etc. The worst thing about it is how much of a pig on gas it is. I drove a couple hundred miles over the course of the week and went through about 5/8 of a tank.

93JC

Oh, and I'm in Phoenix now, and rented an Audi A4 S-line for 10 days. :lol:

Really nice car so far. Far, far better than a Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic, which was on offer by one of the other rental agencies for about the same money.

Xer0

My sister just bought a new Civic EX-T a week ago so here are my thoughts:

This is a lot of car for 20K that is loaded with useful features like remote start, seat warmers, backup camera, a turn lane camera, apple car play/android auto, etc.  I mentioned this in my quick review of the Type R, but its amazing how much better this Civic is vs my 9th gen Si.  Like honestly, this car does EVERYTHING better.  The interior is worlds nicer and more spacious even though the car isn't that much bigger.  Its much much quieter inside and the car rides so much smoother while losing nothing in handling.  This thing cruising on the highway is a real pleasure. 

I guess I lied, there is one area where I still prefer my Civic and that is the engine and trans.  Its not a fair comparison since its manual vs CVT, but I just don't like this power train combo.  I don't know if there is initial lag in the engine or if its just the transmission, but there is hesitation before the thing really gets going any time you stomp on it.  I think it might be the CVT, but I'd have to try out a manual 1.5T to really find out.  Although I bet to the average driver this would never be an issue.

Overall though, for the 20K that my sister paid for this (22.5K after taxes/fees and all that nonsense) I can't think of a better car for the average person.  It was a leftover 2018 so I'm sure that helped too.

AutobahnSHO

In Utah/Wyoming visiting family. Sister in law offered to let us borrow a car. Q7. :confused:

Wife mentioned it looked expensive, SIL laughed and said it's cheaper than the other car (they drove to pick us up at airport). White M5. Last I heard, they also had a Z3.

This vehicle drives amazing for it's size! Feels very planted. Great power up Parleys canyon between SLC and Park City. Tons of buttons and features. Very quiet at 80mph (speed limit for some of the drive).
Will