Vehicles not available here: what would you like?

Started by Morris Minor, January 18, 2020, 10:59:56 AM

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Payman

Xer0

Quote from: Rockraven on January 18, 2020, 01:22:42 PM
A Honda S660 and a Suzuki Jimny.

Ohhh good choices.

I would add the new Fiesta/Focus ST to that list too and I think Europe actually gets the Alfa Guilia QF with a 6 spd.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

2019 Mitsubishi eK, would make a great and fun little city car for local projects.  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

Always like those Toyota Hilux pickups you see in movies made in the ME. No nonsense, 4x4, rubber floor mats, snorkel air intake...not California smog legal. Russian machine gun mounted in bed not necessary.  ;)

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 20, 2020, 08:36:48 AM
2019 Mitsubishi eK, would make a great and fun little city car for local projects.  :wub:

How is this not an EV? Where the heck does the engine go!?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

RomanChariot

Quote from: Laconian on January 20, 2020, 12:18:18 PM

You don't need much room for the equivalent of a mid-size motorcycle engine.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on January 20, 2020, 12:09:58 PM
Always like those Toyota Hilux pickups you see in movies made in the ME. No nonsense, 4x4, rubber floor mats, snorkel air intake...not California smog legal. Russian machine gun mounted in bed not necessary.  ;)

YES. Those things apparently last forever, or until blown up, whichever is first.
Will

2o6

Also, if we're going for Kei Cars that I would buy in a heartbeat: The Honda N-Box / (pronounced N-Box Slash)

Laconian

You pronounce the punctuation? Are they targeting your former classmate La-a?

So how do they service the parts when they're stacked up high like that? Can you drop them out from below on a subassembly? Or do you have to pull all the components out and reassemble them later?

Laconian

I would like to drive a Kei car sometime. I wonder what the max driver height is.

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on January 20, 2020, 07:48:55 PM
You pronounce the punctuation? Are they targeting your former classmate La-a?

So how do they service the parts when they're stacked up high like that? Can you drop them out from below on a subassembly? Or do you have to pull all the components out and reassemble them later?

My Yaris had a similarly tiny hood opening, and it was pretty easy to service. Most Japanese engines spin clockwise, IMO the exhaust manifold and other sensors/wiring are pretty accessible. The only thing I could think of that might be a pain, would maybe doing anything intake related, but I feel like it would be annoying, rather than actually requiring dropping the subframe to service.

And yea, the N/ (N-box slash) is part of Honda's design focused kei lineup. They've got the

N-WGN

N-Van

N-One

N-Box

'

N/ (N-box Slash)

From what I gather, the more van-like kei cars are super spacious, yet narrow as hell.

N-box interior

veeman

Although they don't make them anywhere anymore, I would have liked a VW Scirocco. Cool looking coupe. 

Laconian

More wagon variants of sport sedans. Our TSX was a tight-driving hauler. I think AWD and a turbo or V6 would've made it just perfect.

CaminoRacer

That N-box / is pretty cool. I feel like it would fit right in to a Pixar film
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on January 20, 2020, 07:50:23 PM
I would like to drive a Kei car sometime. I wonder what the max driver height is.

I'm going to guess, surprisingly enough, about 6 feet.

I don't fit in a Copen, but its closer than one would think, and I'm 6'3". Truth be told, width was more of an issue (not fat, but not lanky either). A thin built six footer would fit almost comfortably.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 21, 2020, 05:41:30 AM

I don't fit in a Copen, but its closer than one would think, and I'm 6'3". Truth be told, width was more of an issue (not fat, but not lanky either). A thin built six footer would fit almost comfortably.
I suspect that flexibility would be a factor as well.  I used to be able to contort myself into a Austin Healey Sprite which I drove for a year or so in the '60s.  Something would break if I tried that now.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Morris Minor

Quote from: shp4man on January 20, 2020, 12:09:58 PM
The Toyota Fortuner I linked in the OP is a Hilux with an SUV body. Comfortable interior with the frills one expects, but given away by the diesel, the manual shift and the agricultural ride.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

2o6

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 21, 2020, 05:41:30 AM

Old Japanese JDM special cars are so *petite*. My friends R32 GT-R is so tiny inside, I honestly feel like it's smaller inside than a same year 240SX.

NomisR

cawimmer430

I think Kei cars are limited to 660cc, and most of them are 3-cylinders anyway. That's a really tiny engine so it probably could fit into the glove box. :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on January 20, 2020, 07:50:23 PM

They're so spacious and practical. See for yourself. :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAwMthGuaKI

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 21, 2020, 06:58:17 PM
Why can't we have good car commercials too?

There was the Kia hamster and the weird VW ones awhile back.

Then of course those laid-back Lincoln ones (a year ago?...)
Will

cawimmer430

Wow! I'm lusting for a Mitsubishi ekX, and without my knowledge a good friend in Japan sends me the actual brochure of it - along with a Daihatsu Copen and the new Suzuki Jimmy among others!  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de