Went full EV with a '20 Bolt.

Started by ChrisV, January 28, 2020, 08:56:29 AM

Laconian

The smell symposer, which is a brake pad mounted near the electronics, makes electrical fires smell like clutch fires.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2020, 01:46:11 PM
The smell symposer, which is a brake pad mounted near the electronics, makes electrical fires smell like clutch fires.

:muffin:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

This car will feel so familiar to ICE drivers. Even Wimmer would like it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2020, 02:12:38 PM
This car will feel so familiar to ICE drivers. Even Wimmer would like it.

In order to please ICE enthusiats and EV tree huggers, rotten eggs can be added to a rear-mounted composting chamber that exhausts its fumes through a "tailpipe" under hard acceleration.

Laconian

Yes, we must think of our coal rollers. What will they do in the future?

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2020, 02:35:32 PM
Yes, we must think of our coal rollers. What will they do in the future?

Replacing all the LEDs with fuck you incandescent lighting.

Laconian

Quote from: Rockraven on February 01, 2020, 03:07:01 PM
Replacing all the LEDs with fuck you incandescent lighting.

Are you kidding? LED bars are the most fuck you of all lighting. And yes, I think this is the natural migration path for sociopathic coal rollers. I've seen it happen already.

Eye of the Tiger

I could build bar of H4701 sealed beam halogen high beams that could be just as blinding as an LED bar, but draw 100x as much power.

Laconian

Anyways, nice car, Chris. :lol:

My brother (also a Chris!) bought a Bolt when they came out and he loves the hell out of his. They do day trips around the state all the time and range anxiety hasn't held them back. The logistics are a little bit trickier, but he says the daily convenience of never having to fill up outweighs the infrequent occurrence of having to plan a trip leg that's >200mi.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2020, 03:44:53 PM
Anyways, nice car, Chris. :lol:

My brother (also a Chris!) bought a Bolt when they came out and he loves the hell out of his. They do day trips around the state all the time and range anxiety hasn't held them back. The logistics are a little bit trickier, but he says the daily convenience of never having to fill up outweighs the infrequent occurrence of having to plan a trip leg that's >200mi.

And the smugness of being cooler than everyone else makes up for sitting at a charger for 30 min
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

I have that smugness with my MT Miata already. Everybody else are just stupid sheeples...

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2020, 04:11:30 PM
I have that smugness with my MT Miata already. Everybody else are just stupid sheeples...

:lol:
I was next to an NC first in line at a stoplight yesterday on the way to work. I had top down, his was up, I waved, he kinda waved back LOL
Will

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 01, 2020, 05:58:37 PM
:lol:
I was next to an NC first in line at a stoplight yesterday on the way to work. I had top down, his was up, I waved, he kinda waved back LOL
It was common way back when, if driving a sports car, especially a British make, that you would discretely raise your hand, typically left hand, about shoulder height when passing.  Perhaps give a slight nod as well.  German and Italian sports cars did not qualify.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

mzziaz

Fellow Alfa Romeo drivers salute each other, as well. 
Cuore Sportivo

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2020, 06:35:40 PM
You pop the lights up and down.
Quote from: FoMoJo on February 01, 2020, 06:44:24 PM
Rather impersonal. :hmm:

It's quite personal between NA drivers. It's the drivers of lesser Miatas that have to wave back.  :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: mzziaz on February 02, 2020, 06:00:38 AM
Fellow Alfa Romeo drivers salute each other, as well. 
Yes, when I had my Spider Veloce, we only acknowledged other Alfas and E Types. :praise:

Laconian

Quote from: Rockraven on February 02, 2020, 08:26:25 AM
It's quite personal between NA drivers. It's the drivers of lesser Miatas that have to wave back.  :lol:

I flick my beams.

NomisR

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 01, 2020, 03:52:50 PM
And the smugness of being cooler than everyone else makes up for sitting at a charger for 30 min

I'm not sure how cool you can be with a Bolt but this car definitely surprises a lot people with it's acceleration.. especially those that think they can pull on me to change their lanes in front of me.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: NomisR on February 03, 2020, 11:41:32 AM
I'm not sure how cool you can be with a Bolt but this car definitely surprises a lot people with it's acceleration.. especially those that think they can pull on me to change their lanes in front of me.

:rockon:
Will

afty

ChrisV

Quote from: NomisR on February 03, 2020, 11:41:32 AM

Just had that happen to me the other night. Some lady in a Jeep GC was riding my ass while I was doing 40 in a 30 zone and when I cam to a light, she HAD to pull up beside me on the right. Light went green and she punched it, so I did too. Blew by her on my way up to 50 and then let off and let her pass all while giving her the stink eye. Was funny to silently blaze the tires to start with as it scrambled for grip.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Laconian