Anti speed traps

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 31, 2020, 04:06:27 PM

AutobahnSHO

Lol. I've done 80 on this road. Limit is 40. It's right by my house. Has some excellent curves.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/road-in-fairfax-county-is-like-wild-west-of-speeding/2206882/
Will

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

We need The Pentagon to build more roads!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 31, 2020, 04:06:27 PM
Lol. I've done 80 on this road. Limit is 40. It's right by my house. Has some excellent curves.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/road-in-fairfax-county-is-like-wild-west-of-speeding/2206882/

I'm impressed.  When did you become such a badass?  :evildude:

Is your military status effectively a get-out-of-jail-free card if you get nailed?

It's pretty funny that that road falls into an enforcement loophole.  Generally, speed enforcement in Virginia is pretty nasty.  I narrowly escaped getting a pretty bad speeding ticket there on a couple of occasions.

I heard Maryland has gotten pretty bad too.  A guy I know said his buddy got nailed for about 20 over in Maryland on the way to his bachelor party and had a mandatory court appearance plus got whacked with a very heavy fine.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: dazzleman on January 31, 2020, 05:54:54 PM
I'm impressed.  When did you become such a badass?  :evildude:

Is your military status effectively a get-out-of-jail-free card if you get nailed?

It's pretty funny that that road falls into an enforcement loophole.  Generally, speed enforcement in Virginia is pretty nasty.  I narrowly escaped getting a pretty bad speeding ticket there on a couple of occasions.

I.heard Maryland has gotten pretty bad too.  A guy I know said his buddy got nailed for about 20 over in Marand on the way to his bachelor party and had a mandatory court appearance plus got whacked with a very heavy fine.

No, military status might not help at all depending on the infraction. I've always been super careful on-base because they have a "blotter" which as well as notification to the commanders. Nothing like your boss knowing your personal mistakes.!

Years back on Fort Gordon, GA they had an unmarked Dodge minivan as a patrol car. It sat near the shopping area and was always busy!!!
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 31, 2020, 06:30:34 PM
No, military status might not help at all depending on the infraction. I've always been super careful on-base because they have a "blotter" which as well as notification to the commanders. Nothing like your boss knowing your personal mistakes.!

Years back on Fort Gordon, GA they had an unmarked Dodge minivan as a patrol car. It sat near the shopping area and was always busy!!!

A Dodge minivan police car?!  Who would ever suspect that?  No wonder he was busy!

Off base, would your active military status help you if you got pulled over?  I have a friend who was in the Air Force Reserves and it used to help him.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: dazzleman on January 31, 2020, 07:57:35 PM
A Dodge minivan police car?!  Who would ever suspect that?  No wonder he was busy!

Off base, would your active military status help you if you got pulled over?  I have a friend who was in the Air Force Reserves and it used to help him.

Probably not, and I'm horribly bad when I get put on the spot. :mask:
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 31, 2020, 08:03:41 PM
Probably not, and I'm horribly bad when I get put on the spot. :mask:

You haven't gotten in trouble enough to acquire that skill.... :lol:

Until you mentioned extreme speeding in a couple of threads, I assumed that you were a boy scout.  It's great to see that you have a mischievous side... :evildude: