Getting cold called from the dealership because my lease will soon be up

Started by veeman, February 11, 2020, 11:45:56 AM

veeman

I get cold called a lot by dealerships and other warranty providers whom I usually hang up on. Yesterday I got cold called by the dealership I leased my Camry from so I didn't hang up on them. 

My 3 year lease is due in three months and I'm not over mileage.  Once it is due, I was planning on again leasing a car, preferably at this Toyota dealership because my experience with them has been good and it's real close to my house.  I don't drive this car much; it's mostly used as the nanny car to shuttle my kids around during the day.  Basically I don't care much about the driving characteristics of the car.  For me, it's gotta be a certain size (not a small car) and that's about it.  I was looking to lease another Camry or a RAV4 this time around.

So the dealership guy offered me to return my lease now and instead get in to a new base model RAV4 (with the ugly steel wheels and hubcaps) for $239/month, $5000 down.  This would again be a 3 year lease.  This deal includes a $500 customer "loyalty" reward which is the reason why, according to the dealership guy, I should return my lease now instead of in a few months when the lease is up.  The $500 incentive is only being offered this month by Toyota according to the dealership guy.  To get into a Camry is a bit more.

I'm currently paying $181/month and I had also initially put $5000 down.

By googling the lease deal that Toyota is currently offering on base model RAV4s is pretty competitive.

I told the dealership guy to email me all the details, which he did, and then I declined it.  I told him I would wait till my lease is up in a few months and then decide what I was going to do.  Is there any good reason for me to take it?  $500 isn't that much for me to turn in my car early I think.  I'm also not over mileage.

r0tor

My dealer sends me offers to trade in my cars almost bi-monthly... Just a sales tactic
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MX793

Quote from: r0tor on February 11, 2020, 01:02:53 PM
My dealer sends me offers to trade in my cars almost bi-monthly... Just a sales tactic

This.  It's a slow time of the year right now, especially in the northeast (on account of the weather), so they are trying to drum up business any way they can.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Quote from: r0tor on February 11, 2020, 01:02:53 PM

Same here.  They send me a ton of emails and call occasionally
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!