Van tire repair

Started by AutobahnSHO, August 31, 2008, 09:45:13 AM

AutobahnSHO

So Friday I had the day off but had to work all night. We took the opportunity to go "downtown" (Augusta, we live 15-20min. away.)

On the way back the front right tire went flat@ 45- first time while driving I've had that experience.
I called AAA, since one of the lugnuts was stripped out (my fault, long story) and although it came off with shop tools the little emergency lug wrench was just spinning on it.

He helped get it off and the spare on, and as he was pulling it off noticed that when he touched the valvestem, air was coming out- we looked at it and there didn't appear to be any nails or cuts anywhere.

SO work all night, sleep a few hours (9am to 1pm) then I go to Dodge to get a new lugnut and valvestem- barely made it in time as they were closing for the day (Labor day weekend?) and the Lug Nuts are $10 each!!!!   :rage:
Got two since I had one that didn't match on another wheel and it has always bugged me since we bought the van. Sure, they're "chrome" but No Wonder I don't usually buy dealership parts..

They couldn't install the stem so I took it to the army DIY garage, and it took a few minutes to break the bead, put the valvestem on, and air it up. The old one was cut somehow. ?!
Then in 95degree weather I'm at home using the emergency jack to take the spare off and put the tire back on...

Anyways- what a pain for a <$3 piece of rubber....   :confused:
Will

S204STi

Hmm, gotta love it when nothing seems to go right...flat tire, rounded lug nut, expensive replacement part...