Going to be doing a few small upgrades...

Started by cozmik, March 31, 2009, 07:10:58 AM

cozmik

So I'm going to be doing a few small upgrades to my car, nothing big. I am doing a new intake, have decided on the InJen intake, which from what I've been reading, does bring a few more HP, and deepens the sound a bit as well. Most people over on the E90 forums seem to like it. I'm also thinking about doing exhaust, but am not really sure. A few people have been cutting the mufflers out all together. A friend of mine is trying to get me to go Magnaflow or Borla, but I'm not sure how they would sound with this engine. I'm not trying to sound like a ricer, but I don't want to sound like my friends GTO either. I just want something a bit deeper and perhaps a bit louder, something I can actually hear. Any thoughts?

Trying to find a short throw shifter as well, but I can't find any for my car, the XI's have a different transmission and apparently the linkage is different.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

S204STi

Borla seems good, see if Invidia makes anything for your car, their built quality is good, with rolled lips and other nice high-end appearance stuff.  Stromung is also a good brand, again if they make anything for your car.  Youtube clips can help somewhat in the decision making process.