Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 26, 2017, 09:40:57 AM
And risk a police chase against this...

Whoops, excuse me.... THIS.  :devil:

:lol:

Sounds like fun to me......... :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on August 26, 2017, 01:09:26 PM
Sounds like fun to me......... :evildude:

Both of those diesel-powered cop cars are faster than my 118i. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 26, 2017, 01:37:03 PM
Both of those diesel-powered cop cars are faster than my 118i. :lol:

Then you obviously need a faster car.  You need to be able to outrun them!

I assume you got a camera ticket, though.  They're nowhere near as much fun as the real thing.  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on August 26, 2017, 04:52:42 PM
Then you obviously need a faster car.  You need to be able to outrun them!

I assume you got a camera ticket, though.  They're nowhere near as much fun as the real thing.  :evildude:

I want a current Mercedes C220d Wagon. But with the whole political and environmental hysteria about diesels at the moment buying even a used one would be financial suicide.

Besides, I can control myself in the city. Because once I am out on the Autobahns I can do speeds that you folks in your 300-horsepower SUVs can only dream about.  :evildude:  :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 28, 2017, 05:36:32 AM
I want a current Mercedes C220d Wagon. But with the whole political and environmental hysteria about diesels at the moment buying even a used one would be financial suicide.

Besides, I can control myself in the city. Because once I am out on the Autobahns I can do speeds that you folks in your 300-horsepower SUVs can only dream about.  :evildude:  :praise:

You do get up to some impressive speeds.  I am jealous.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on September 01, 2017, 09:20:36 PM
You do get up to some impressive speeds.  I am jealous.

That may soon change with all the god damn greenies and tree-huggers running around here. A little over half of Germans want permanent speed limits on the Autobahns.

These days there are already so many speed limits on the Autobahns, and they are slow speed limits. 80, 100 and 120 km/h... SLOW. I'd go insane if I had to drive 120/130 km/h forever. The beauty of the current system is that while there are some speed limits, there will also be stretches where you can speed for hundreds of kilometers, which makes up for the many speed limits everywhere.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 03, 2017, 04:56:58 AM
That may soon change with all the god damn greenies and tree-huggers running around here. A little over half of Germans want permanent speed limits on the Autobahns.

These days there are already so many speed limits on the Autobahns, and they are slow speed limits. 80, 100 and 120 km/h... SLOW. I'd go insane if I had to drive 120/130 km/h forever. The beauty of the current system is that while there are some speed limits, there will also be stretches where you can speed for hundreds of kilometers, which makes up for the many speed limits everywhere.

You'll just have to break the speed limits then.  A guy has to do what a guy has to do.  Following those ridiculously low speed limits simply isn't an option.  :devil:

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on September 03, 2017, 06:42:01 AM
You'll just have to break the speed limits then.  A guy has to do what a guy has to do.  Following those ridiculously low speed limits simply isn't an option.  :devil:

The Green Party needs to be banned. Everything they propose is unrealistic and stupid.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Got another speeding ticket... 51 in 30 zone.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 09, 2017, 05:05:17 AM
Got another speeding ticket... 51 in 30 zone.  :lol:

:rockon: :cheers:
Nice work, Wimmer.  I'm starting to get jealous.

How much is the fine this time?

What kind of zone only allows 30 km/hr?  That's pretty fucking slow.  And 51 km/hr is not fast.  You need to get a really juicy ticket on some part of the autobahn that has speed limits.  Double the speed limit would be a pretty cool ticket.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on September 09, 2017, 05:52:22 AM
:rockon: :cheers:
Nice work, Wimmer.  I'm starting to get jealous.

Quote from: dazzleman on September 09, 2017, 05:52:22 AMHow much is the fine this time?

35 Euros

Quote from: dazzleman on September 09, 2017, 05:52:22 AMWhat kind of zone only allows 30 km/hr?  That's pretty fucking slow.  And 51 km/hr is not fast.  You need to get a really juicy ticket on some part of the autobahn that has speed limits.  Double the speed limit would be a pretty cool ticket.

That's the thing, I was caught on a major road where the speed limit is usually 50 km/h. I didn't see any 30 km/h signs anywhere and I am a very focused, aware and attentive driver. If there was a 30 km/h sign there I would have seen it.

But I read in a local newspaper that this particular road is now limited to 30 km/h because asshole cyclists (who are allowed to drive on the road with cars) were complaining about "fast" cars speeding past them at 50 km/h+. So apparently the speed limit on that road is now 30 km/h to appease the god damn asshole cyclists, but there was no sign! I swear I didn't see a sign. If I did I would have followed the speed limit.

I'm going to protest this ticket with this argument. I'm sure I won't be the only one...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 09, 2017, 06:13:51 AM

35 Euros

That's the thing, I was caught on a major road where the speed limit is usually 50 km/h. I didn't see any 30 km/h signs anywhere and I am a very focused, aware and attentive driver. If there was a 30 km/h sign there I would have seen it.

But I read in a local newspaper that this particular road is now limited to 30 km/h because asshole cyclists (who are allowed to drive on the road with cars) were complaining about "fast" cars speeding past them at 50 km/h+. So apparently the speed limit on that road is now 30 km/h to appease the god damn asshole cyclists, but there was no sign! I swear I didn't see a sign. If I did I would have followed the speed limit.

I'm going to protest this ticket with this argument. I'm sure I won't be the only one...

If the speed limit was recently changed and there were no signs of the change, you should definitely contest it.  This sounds like a fundraising operation, not legitimate speed enforcement.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on September 09, 2017, 07:41:51 AM
If the speed limit was recently changed and there were no signs of the change, you should definitely contest it.  This sounds like a fundraising operation, not legitimate speed enforcement.

Exactly.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 09, 2017, 01:06:34 PM
Exactly.

You need to go out and get a really fast ticket for something you are guilty as hell of.  That would be a lot more fun than these bogus tickets you've been getting.

MrH

86 in a 65 this morning.

It was just a matter of time.  I drive 33 miles each way every morning, all highway pretty much.  I thought I knew every hiding spot they used, but this guy found a new one :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on September 29, 2017, 07:04:43 AM
86 in a 65 this morning.

It was just a matter of time.  I drive 33 miles each way every morning, all highway pretty much.  I thought I knew every hiding spot they used, but this guy found a new one :lol:

:cheers:  That's a pretty impressive ticket.  You should frame it, man.

What car were.you driving?

MrH

Quote from: dazzleman on September 29, 2017, 03:38:52 PM
:cheers:  That's a pretty impressive ticket.  You should frame it, man.

What car were.you driving?

Sorry, didn't see this reply.

S2000 of course :lol: I wasn't able to drive it for a bit.  I had to replace the rear view mirror. Finally fixed it, took it to work the next morning and got caught. They usually hide in the same spots, but this guy was in a new spot. Shot between two vehicles with laser and got me.

$177 + 2 points. Price of speeding 66 miles every day.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on October 14, 2017, 12:06:53 PM
Sorry, didn't see this reply.

S2000 of course :lol: I wasn't able to drive it for a bit.  I had to replace the rear view mirror. Finally fixed it, took it to work the next morning and got caught. They usually hide in the same spots, but this guy was in a new spot. Shot between two vehicles with laser and got me.

$177 + 2 points. Price of speeding 66 miles every day.

Well worth it, IMO.

Klackamas

I love it!   :clap:

Police searching for suspects in $80K speed camera theft
by BRIAN CRANDALL, NBC 10 NEWS
Wednesday, January 17th 2018

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WJAR) — Providence police are searching for suspects in the theft of a new camera used to catch speeding drivers.

The camera was stolen from its location on Peace Street just days after it was installed.

It was one of five cameras that have been installed in the city.

The cost of the stolen camera is $80,000, according to a police report from the incident.

http://turnto10.com/news/local/police-searching-for-suspects-in-80k-speed-camera-theft
Tough times breed strong people; Strong people create good times; Good times breed weak people; Weak people create tough times.

Soup DeVille

How the fuck do you spend 80 grand on a damned camera. 

Y'all best be remaking Gone With the Wind with that thing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Klackamas

Tough times breed strong people; Strong people create good times; Good times breed weak people; Weak people create tough times.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 18, 2018, 03:12:48 PM
How the fuck do you spend 80 grand on a damned camera. 

Y'all best be remaking Gone With the Wind with that thing.

They'd have to give out a fuckload of tickets to make that thing profitable.

I don't believe in traffic enforcement for revenue purposes.  I think it breeds disrespect for the law, and makes lawbreaking socially acceptable.  So do speed limits that are too low.  I don't trust these cameras to be set properly and I don't trust the government not to abuse them when they need more money (which is always) due to their spending addiction.

And it seems nobody on this site has been getting any tickets lately.  What a boring bunch we've become.

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on January 20, 2018, 07:05:41 AM
They'd have to give out a fuckload of tickets to make that thing profitable.

I don't believe in traffic enforcement for revenue purposes.  I think it breeds disrespect for the law, and makes lawbreaking socially acceptable.  So do speed limits that are too low.  I don't trust these cameras to be set properly and I don't trust the government not to abuse them when they need more money (which is always) due to their spending addiction.

And it seems nobody on this site has been getting any tickets lately.  What a boring bunch we've become.

Heh, I can't afford another one. I have like 8 or something points on my license (87 in a 50 in NYC- baaaaaaad news). Another one will have my license suspended. Granted, that was in December 2015, but I'm not totally sure when the points get erased from my license.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 20, 2018, 11:54:09 AM
Heh, I can't afford another one. I have like 8 or something points on my license (87 in a 50 in NYC- baaaaaaad news). Another one will have my license suspended. Granted, that was in December 2015, but I'm not totally sure when the points get erased from my license.

The last I knew, in New York State points stay on your license for 18 months.  So by all means, go out and get another ticket... :lol:  It makes no sense to let that points allowance go to waste.  :devil:

When I lived in New York, I had 6-8 points on my license at one point.  Some of my friends had a similar situation.   It was pretty normal for guys that age (early-mid 20s).  Now we all have clean licenses.  What a drag.

Speed_Racer

Nabbed for 48 in a 30 this morning, and this one was a ticket - my first. The past have been written warnings. It looks like I can pay the fine + online traffic school for about $200 and no points so it's not a big deal.

dazzleman

Quote from: Speed_Racer on February 08, 2018, 09:10:02 AM
Nabbed for 48 in a 30 this morning, and this one was a ticket - my first. The past have been written warnings. It looks like I can pay the fine + online traffic school for about $200 and no points so it's not a big deal.

You're finally living up to your CarSPIN name.  :ohyeah:

Speed_Racer

Quote from: dazzleman on February 08, 2018, 06:23:40 PM
You're finally living up to your CarSPIN name.  :ohyeah:

Good thing they haven't clocked me when I'm on the bikes  :pullover:

dazzleman

Quote from: Speed_Racer on February 10, 2018, 08:16:07 AM
Good thing they haven't clocked me when I'm on the bikes  :pullover:

:lol:  Yes, I've had my share of tickets, but none of them were for any of the really bad or stupid things I did in the past.  I am grateful for that.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

dazzleman