No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota is basically sold. I let my friend borrow it since his Nissan tranny went out, and his VW bus, though running,is kind of a disaster. He is fighting stage XXX cancer and can't work, so ... yeah
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Submariner

Sorry about your friend.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on March 06, 2020, 01:29:34 PM
Sorry about your friend.

It's tough, but at least he is still fighting to live.

So I really needed money from Dakota, but now I'm kinda, meh ... I am working my ass off at the new job so maybe I'll get enough to pay taxes on Fiesta and be able to drive it. The clutch is really light, so I hope my knee can take it

Eye of the Tiger

Crazy thing just happened. I drove home, and parked the Jeep. Went inside, let the dogs out, and BOOM! It sounded like someone just shot a gun in front of my house.
After strapping on my bandoliers, grabbing my rifle, two pistols, a handgrenade and pulling up the number for the local militia on my phone, I went out front to check it out. One of my tires blew out. Parked. No apparent damage. What in the wide wide world of fuck?

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 10, 2020, 03:55:36 PM
Crazy thing just happened. I drove home, and parked the Jeep. Went inside, let the dogs out, and BOOM! It sounded like someone just shot a gun in front of my house.
After strapping on my bandoliers, grabbing my rifle, two pistols, a handgrenade and pulling up the number for the local militia on my phone, I went out front to check it out. One of my tires blew out. Parked. No apparent damage. What in the wide wide world of fuck?
You sure someone didn't shoot it out?  One of your neighbours?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 10, 2020, 04:38:48 PM
You sure someone didn't shoot it out?  One of your neighbours?

No, I'm not sure.

Eye of the Tiger

Put some sweet new zinc battery terminals on Jeep. Still needs a new alternator, though.

Eye of the Tiger

Hmmm .... should maybe fix leaky transmission cooler line.
Nah

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah, so the right front caliper is now sticking and burning my brakes up. I put a left caliper on it two months ago.

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 20, 2020, 04:26:28 PM
Yeah, so the right front caliper is now sticking and burning my brakes up. I put a left caliper on it two months ago.

There's your problem. Calipers are like wolves, they mate for life. You can't just throw a new caliper on the axle and expect it to be accepted by the older caliper. Your lucky the old caliper didn't kill the young one.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 20, 2020, 04:39:06 PM
There's your problem. Calipers are like wolves, they mate for life. You can't just throw a new caliper on the axle and expect it to be accepted by the older caliper. Your lucky the old caliper didn't kill the young one.

It was a remanufactured caliper, so I figured ... eh

shp4man

Brake system flush is indicated.  ;)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on March 20, 2020, 05:05:08 PM
Brake system flush is indicated.  ;)

I'm not paying for you to flush out my brakes. I can do that at the car wash. Give me my keys back.

shp4man

Just buy a container of brake fluid, get under there and crack all the bleeders, then go have a beer. Then go out, refill the master cylinder, close off the bleeders and gravity bleed them one by one, while drinking a beer. Brake flush. Do it in the dirt, It'll just soak in... :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on March 20, 2020, 05:22:42 PM
Just buy a container of brake fluid, get under there and crack all the bleeders, then go have a beer. Then go out, refill the master cylinder, close off the bleeders and gravity bleed them one by one, while drinking a beer. Brake flush. Do it in the dirt, It'll just soak in... :lol:

Not on my beautiful lawn!
I ain't doin it now. I'll do it at work tomorrow.

Eye of the Tiger

How stupid would it be to put 4.56:1 gears in the Cheronkee? Stock it 3.55. Apparently they will fit with slight notching of the pin.

shp4man

No. Lift it and put monster mudders on it.  :muffin:

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 27, 2020, 11:56:03 AM
How stupid would it be to put 4.56:1 gears in the Cheronkee? Stock it 3.55. Apparently they will fit with slight notching of the pin.

It's not a rock crawler so I don't see a lot of benefit.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 27, 2020, 02:43:16 PM
It's not a rock crawler so I don't see a lot of benefit.

Doing burnouts though third gear

Quote from: shp4man on March 27, 2020, 01:51:56 PM
No. Lift it and put monster mudders on it.  :muffin:

It's 2wd!  :lockedup:

Eye of the Tiger

Whatever that redline at the 6:00 position is, that's how fast I got Cherokee up to today. It has to be at least 100.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 28, 2020, 04:03:20 PM
Whatever that redline at the 6:00 position is, that's how fast I got Cherokee up to today. It has to be at least 100.
Downhill?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 28, 2020, 04:41:50 PM
Downhill?

No, I was just getting away from some dickfuck in a Kia Soul who was staying on my ass for no reason. They couldn't keep up.

Eye of the Tiger

I think I'll upgrade the Fiesta's plastic blow-in valve to a billet aluminium 50/50 dual port. Pshhhhht.

Eye of the Tiger

3 rotors is like 3 cylinders. This is basically how Fiesta drives:

https://youtu.be/nOyOYLZWcBI

FoMoJo

Doesn't idle very well.

Eye of the Tiger

Ecobeast Fiesta may not be a rocket, and it's not exciting fun, but it is such a pleasure to drive. Needs quieter tires, though. I can't hear the turbo spooling at speed.

Eye of the Tiger

The schitty thing about the 1.0 Ecobeast is that all of the aftermarket is in the UK. I guess it's not that schitty, but shipping is a little expensive. I want to order two little silicone intake pipes, and it's like $60 to ship them.

shp4man

This one's got your name written all over it. '75 Winnebago, OEM paint, 45K miles, Chrysler 440. Take it for $2K i bet.  :lol:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/san-diego-1975-rv-winnebago-brave-clean/7101373267.html

Submariner

Why is there rug in the bathroom?  What a filthy, horrifying concept.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

shp4man

Quote from: Submariner on April 03, 2020, 05:47:33 PM
Why is there rug in the bathroom?  What a filthy, horrifying concept.

No extra charge for the mouldy carpet.  ;)