Mitsuoka Rock Star

Started by 2o6, October 11, 2018, 01:27:13 AM

2o6

I shouldn't like this anywhere nearly as much as I do.

Underneath, it's an ND.

https://www.mitsuoka-motor.com/rock_star/

Payman

AutobahnSHO

It kind of has an old Corvette vibe.
Will

Payman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 11, 2018, 05:26:08 AM
It kind of has an old Corvette vibe.

Well yeah, it's trying to copy the C2 Corvette ('63-'67), but it looks ridiculous. It looks like a kit made by one of the dozens of shady kit car  companies to turn an ND Miata into a classic Corvette.

giant_mtb

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MrH

Well, it's definitely offered in better colors than the miata is :huh:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SJ_GTI

It looks OK, but I think the Miata (and the Fiata) look better.

r0tor

Sort of cool... I question how it might look in real life size
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Northlands

This looks like a car model that would be used in a video game that didn't have the proper licensing for the real name...  ( GTA V comes to mind.. )

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

giant_mtb

Quote from: Northlands on October 11, 2018, 07:56:49 AM
This looks like a car model that would be used in a video game that didn't have the proper licensing for the real name...  ( GTA V comes to mind.. )

I had the same thought, especially in that first photo. Which is probably just a rendering anyway. Looks like a scene straight out of a GTA game. Even says Rock Star...which is the company that makes GTA (I think?). :lol:

shp4man

The Miata platform would have been more suitable to an Austin Healey/Triumph/MG clone. I suppose the old Vette is a "cooler" look in Japan.

RomanChariot

I actually kind of like it if they removed the side vents, hood vents and the lights mounted on the bumper.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MrH on October 11, 2018, 06:55:18 AM
Well, it's definitely offered in better colors than the miata is :huh:

Is it offered in any color other than primer? Its a kit.

Most kits look like hell. A very few are put together and painted nicely enough.
Most look good enough in pictures. Few look good in person.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: shp4man on October 11, 2018, 09:32:38 AM
The Miata platform would have been more suitable to an Austin Healey/Triumph/MG clone. I suppose the old Vette is a "cooler" look in Japan.

https://www.simpsondesign.net/
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

That's the only decent one :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

There's one in Munich - based on a Mazda MX-5. Saw it at Mirbach a few months ago. Here are the shots. Hideous.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

:whatshesaid:
Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 11, 2018, 02:11:06 PM
There's one in Munich - based on a Mazda MX-5. Saw it at Mirbach a few months ago. Here are the shots. Hideous.

Gag worthy.  It hurts to look at it.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

veeman

Most kits don't stretch the original chassis I think.  The hood looks so much longer than the original.  It probably drives terrible. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on October 11, 2018, 03:36:55 PM
:whatshesaid:Gag worthy.  It hurts to look at it.

I wonder how it handles. The MX-5 is obviously a dream, but here the ,,wheelbase" has been extended so drastically...

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 14, 2018, 08:12:53 AM
I wonder how it handles. The MX-5 is obviously a dream, but here the ,,wheelbase" has been extended so drastically...

Has it? Or has the cockpit just been moved back? Its hard to tell without a person or something else for scale.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 14, 2018, 08:34:35 AM
Has it? Or has the cockpit just been moved back? Its hard to tell without a person or something else for scale.

The cabin and doors and I assume the rear wheels are all standard Mazda MX-5, but the front wheels have been moved forward big time.

These Mitsuokas are obviously for cruising, not race track driving.

www.wimmerfotografie.de