ALPHA.... I mean Alfa!!!!!

Started by r0tor, October 12, 2018, 05:19:56 PM

r0tor

So I bought something last week  :lol:

2018 Giulia Ti Sport AWD with the performance package
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CALL_911

Damn that is a good looking car. Congrats

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

r0tor

The car is just plain awesome.  The ride/handling balance is amazing.  It can hang with my RX8 in the twisties yet it rides better then my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  The steering is supercar quick and precise with perfect weight and pretty good feedback.  The brakes are just fantastic.

I love the interior... its just my style really.  It doesnt try to overwhelm you with tech, but instead seemlessly integrates tech into the car.  The driver focus is first and foremost.  My car has the leather upgrade package so everything is leather wrapped.  The infotainment is simple yet effective... and again driver focused.  Apple carplay/android auto is also there.

About the only thing i would change is the engine.  I'd prefer a I6 or V6 mainly for the sound quality.  The engine though pulls like crazy though (310 lbft of torque already at 2000 rpms) but the lowish 6k redline and 4 cylinder sounds taint the experience a bit.  I've been getting 30-32mpg back and forth to work so I can't complain about that.  The ZF trans is amazing, especially in Dynamic mode where it snaps shifts off like a dct.

The awd system defaults to 100% rwd so its perfect.  Combined with the lsd in the rear and I so far haven't even noticed I'm driving an awd car.  It rotates wonderfully under power.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

I should also add it hasn't broken down yet!!!  :cheers:

giant_mtb

Looks fantastic.

Dunno what kind of climate you live in, but get yourself some Iron X for that nice white paint.

r0tor

The paint looks great in person.  It's alfa's Trofeo White Tri-Coat.... So it's a heavy metallic white with 3 layers of different pearl on top.  In some lighting it looks satin and really pops at night under the lights

FoMoJo

Great looking car.  White seems to be the popular choice lately.  The black chrome wheels are perfect.

Good luck with it.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

Yea, I'm completely not a white car fan... But this shade with the dark wheels, black roof, and slightly tinted lights just won me over.

It was this car or a misano blue which was really bright but I thought the cars design draws enough attention.  I also liked a metallic black but that car had a bright red interior that was too much for me.

CaminoRacer

Definitely the best looking midsizer. Nice
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Galaxy

Laconian

Ooooohhhhh fuck, you actualllyyyyyyy diddddddddddd itttttt

Congratulations, I hope it gives you many trouble free and smile-laden miles.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

Congrats that looks awesome.  Tune?  Turbo upgrade?

LS swap?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Quote from: 68_427 on October 12, 2018, 07:30:38 PM
Congrats that looks awesome.  Tune?  Turbo upgrade?

LS swap?

So if it holds together there is a 350hp tune in the future... as well as a quadrofolgia rear lip

2o6

AutobahnSHO

Will

JWC

I love this Alfa. I've never seen white one around here, everyone seems to pick red here. 

But, I've never seen an Alfa I didn't like.....and never owned one. The early seventies GTV was my dream car.

FoMoJo

I will mention my 1970 Alfa Spider Veloce once again.  I had a couple of British Sports cars prior to that, Bug Eye Sprite and MG Midget.  The Alfa was far and away superior in every way, engine, styling, handling, sound.  I loved it.  Alfa kind of went to hell after the '70s.  I hope in this era that are coming back to what they used to be.  The new Giulia may be an indication of that.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

The Giulia is just a great car.  I drove the competition and it was the only one that actually stood out and felt like it had character and the only one that was remotely fun to drive... and well it's way more then remotely fun o drive - it's fantastic.  The others were just different versions of techno bland.

I hope alfa does well and if not at least forces the likes of BMW to go back to their roots (which it seems they may).

heelntoe

@heelntoe

MX793

Quote from: JWC on October 13, 2018, 06:14:47 AM
I love this Alfa. I've never seen white one around here, everyone seems to pick red here. 

But, I've never seen an Alfa I didn't like.....and never owned one. The early seventies GTV was my dream car.

I've seen a few new Giulias and I'm not sure I've seen a red one.  There was a grey/silver Ti Sport at the last auto-x I ran at and I've seen a dark blue Quadrofoglio driving around.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MexicoCityM3

:clap:

:rockon:

What can I say? Best purchase on the spin in a long while. Congrats, what a great choice! You got the best sports sedan on the market.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

giant_mtb

dazzleman

Quote from: r0tor on October 12, 2018, 05:28:52 PM
The car is just plain awesome.  The ride/handling balance is amazing.  It can hang with my RX8 in the twisties yet it rides better then my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  The steering is supercar quick and precise with perfect weight and pretty good feedback.  The brakes are just fantastic.

I love the interior... its just my style really.  It doesnt try to overwhelm you with tech, but instead seemlessly integrates tech into the car.  The driver focus is first and foremost.  My car has the leather upgrade package so everything is leather wrapped.  The infotainment is simple yet effective... and again driver focused.  Apple carplay/android auto is also there.

About the only thing i would change is the engine.  I'd prefer a I6 or V6 mainly for the sound quality.  The engine though pulls like crazy though (310 lbft of torque already at 2000 rpms) but the lowish 6k redline and 4 cylinder sounds taint the experience a bit.  I've been getting 30-32mpg back and forth to work so I can't complain about that.  The ZF trans is amazing, especially in Dynamic mode where it snaps shifts off like a dct.

The awd system defaults to 100% rwd so its perfect.  Combined with the lsd in the rear and I so far haven't even noticed I'm driving an awd car.  It rotates wonderfully under power.

Sweet!  It's a sharp looking car.  Hopefully you'll test its limits in the coming weeks and months both with speed and ability around turns.  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

r0tor

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 13, 2018, 11:17:18 AM
Are you leasing or did you buy?

Bought.... Good deal at the end of the year... around $9k off msrp

r0tor

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on October 13, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
:clap:

:rockon:

What can I say? Best purchase on the spin in a long while. Congrats, what a great choice! You got the best sports sedan on the market.

:ohyeah:

r0tor

Quote from: dazzleman on October 13, 2018, 02:00:23 PM
Sweet!  It's a sharp looking car.  Hopefully you'll test its limits in the coming weeks and months both with speed and ability around turns.  :evildude:

I've hit 0.82gs so far on the g meter  :lol:

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Soup DeVille

Beautiful car. Hope its good to you.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator