Educational video: Lemon list: The top 20 worst cars to buy in 2019 | AutoExpert

Started by MexicoCityM3, October 17, 2018, 05:56:29 PM

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

Ah, John Cadogan. Without watching the video, I know what brands he will recommend.

Mazda and Hyundai.

Everything else is crap.

Several of my Australian friends tell me this nut is the Australian equivalent to Scotty Kilmer.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

I don't think this thread would have been made if BMW were on the worst cars to buy list.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

I listened to the majority of it.  If you're big on reliability and resale, and live in Australia, his advice is not too bad. Plus his shirt is cool.  A lot of what he says is based on customer support which doesn't have much applicability outside of Australia.  If I remember right, he dissed:  Holden (zero applicability outside Australia), Ford (they are on a downswing anyways and have had a lot of transmission issues), Mercedes (money pit, not as nice inside as Audis and don't drive as well as BMWs), Volkswagen/Audi/Skoda (dieselgate), Nissan/Renault (CVT transmission), Fiat/Alpha/Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler (poor reliability, poor customer support), Infiniti (poor resale, poor customer support - probably mostly applicable to Australia), Jaguar/Land Rover (poor reliability), Volvo (poor resale - probably mostly applicable to Australia), Peugeot and Citroen (not applicable to U.S.), and Mini (poor reliability, pumped up price because of expensive options).  So you're left with Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai/Kia, and for luxury Lexus and BMW.  He doesn't factor in style at all, cost at all, or how nice a particular car drives for the most part - outside his one comment that Mercedes don't drive as good as BMWs.  Whatever.  He doesn't seem crazy. 

shp4man

cawimmer430

He had one video where an Australian Mercedes C63 AMG owner wrote him complaining about "loud brakes" and how MB Australia told him this was normal. The details escape me but it may have been a defect and MB Australia handled it poorly by telling the customer it's "normal", which it clearly should not be.

At any rate, Cadogan's response was to make a "Don't Buy" Video calling all MB AMGs crap and telling his loyal followers to avoid them like the plague.

I'm in several Australian Mercedes-Benz groups on Facebook where there are a multitude of classic and modern owners. Hard to imagine these cars "suck so much" if people continue to buy them, keep them and love them and go back for more.

It's funny how he recommends BMW given how they are supposed to self-destruct after their three-year-lease runs out according to Internet car experts who heard this from a friend of a friend of a friend who knew someone who's ex-girlfriend had one.

To me the guy is funny but annoying and he's clearly biased towards certain brands.

And for a guy who recommends Toyotas he sure likes to slam them for their horrible driving dynamics, cheap feel and bland styling. Maybe he should just state that [most] Toyotas in Australia are for folks who only care about value and reliability and nothing else.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 18, 2018, 09:25:23 AM
He had one video where an Australian Mercedes C63 AMG owner wrote him complaining about "loud brakes" and how MB Australia told him this was normal. The details escape me but it may have been a defect and MB Australia handled it poorly by telling the customer it's "normal", which it clearly should not be.

At any rate, Cadogan's response was to make a "Don't Buy" Video calling all MB AMGs crap and telling his loyal followers to avoid them like the plague.

I'm in several Australian Mercedes-Benz groups on Facebook where there are a multitude of classic and modern owners. Hard to imagine these cars "suck so much" if people continue to buy them, keep them and love them and go back for more.

It's funny how he recommends BMW given how they are supposed to self-destruct after their three-year-lease runs out according to Internet car experts who heard this from a friend of a friend of a friend who knew someone who's ex-girlfriend had one.

To me the guy is funny but annoying and he's clearly biased towards certain brands.

And for a guy who recommends Toyotas he sure likes to slam them for their horrible driving dynamics, cheap feel and bland styling. Maybe he should just state that [most] Toyotas in Australia are for folks who only care about value and reliability and nothing else.

veeman

Quote from: shp4man on October 18, 2018, 08:51:07 AM
Are Infinitis garbage? Surprised.

I think he was bashing them on poor resale (I have no idea, but I suppose in Australia), and poor customer support (again I have no idea.)  Regardless, Infiniti is a bit player in Australia, with probably around 1% market share of luxury vehicles so it's no wonder parts would probably take a while to get and resale value sucks. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on October 18, 2018, 10:21:12 AM
I think he was bashing them on poor resale (I have no idea, but I suppose in Australia), and poor customer support (again I have no idea.)  Regardless, Infiniti is a bit player in Australia, with probably around 1% market share of luxury vehicles so it's no wonder parts would probably take a while to get and resale value sucks. 

I'd assume parts are available through Nissan dealers.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

Quote from: shp4man on October 18, 2018, 08:51:07 AM
Are Infinitis garbage? Surprised.
They are fine in the US. I'd def buy another one if it fit my parameters.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

veeman

Well that's part of the poor support I suppose though.  If you bought your car from the one dealership within a 100 mile radius, and they say they won't be able to get the part you need for 3 weeks, I doubt it would be faster at the Nissan dealership.  My favorite car so far is my Infiniti and the customer support has been stellar at the dealership I've gone to.

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 18, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

Nope, ENTERTAINED.

This guy also hates the last generation A-Class calling it "The Gay 180"... he's homophobic!!! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de