Toyota Leads BMW And Mercedes As The World’s Most Googled Car Brand

Started by cawimmer430, November 10, 2018, 06:05:14 AM

cawimmer430

Interesting which brand is the most googled in various countries.

Toyota Leads BMW And Mercedes As The World's Most Googled Car Brand

Insurance company Veygo has published a list of the most Googled car brands across the world and the results show that Asian car manufacturers dominate searches.

The most Googled car manufacturer last year was Toyota, topping 57 countries of the 171 that were researched by Veygo. There were also 7.8 million searches for Toyota per month, compared with 7 million for Honda and 6.4 million for Ford .

Toyota topped the searches in countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Finland, and the Philippines.

Trailing Toyota in second place was BMW, leading the searches in no less than 25 countries. In third place was Mercedes-Benz, topping the searches in 23 countries. Funnily enough, Lamborghini proved itself to be one of the most searched car brands in the world, topping search figures in 12 countries including Venezuela. Tesla was the most Googled brand in seven countries, including Norway, the Netherlands, and Hong Kong.

While the aforementioned companies proved popular, there are a number which are rarely searched. Pagani, for instance, was the least searched car brand of them all, while the likes of Acura and Chrysler were also quite low down on the list.

At the start of 2017, we showed you a similar map detailing the most Googled car brands by country. At the time, Toyota was also the most searched car brand, topping figures in no less than 74 countries and BMW was second, topping the list in 51 countries and dominating interest across Europe and parts of Africa.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/toyota-leads-bmw-mercedes-worlds-googled-car-brand/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

I think it's more tied to sales than passion. People Google things they are looking at buying, and Toyota sells a shitload of cars.

I'd question the China results; isn't Google banned there? And I thought China and South Korea had old beef?

Interesting nonetheless.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MX793

Quote from: r0tor on November 10, 2018, 08:58:59 AM
Very disappointed in italy

After talking with several VW enthusiasts I know who think VWs are the best cars ever, I've come to the conclusion that their only metric of comparison are Italian and British cars.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Galaxy

BMW must be feeling quite smug about beating the japanese at home.

93JC

I'm sure BMW always feel smug about everything, everywhere.

Something that anyone looking at this ought to keep top of mind is that this is based solely on Google searches. Google is the dominant player in North America and Western Europe, but has markedly lower penetration into in places like Japan (where I'd heard Yahoo was still colossally popular for some reason), China (Baidu and Qihoo are king there), South Korea (Naver, Daum) and Russia (Yandex).