1969 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 Is The Epitome Of Elegance

Started by cawimmer430, July 26, 2020, 10:03:26 AM

cawimmer430

Gorgeous. But I actually prefer the looks of the base 250S - looks cleaner than the more powerful models with all their visual add-ons. :wub:

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 Is The Epitome Of Elegance

A 1969 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 is looking for a new home in the U.S. and, with just 7,659 miles (12,325 km) on the clock, will likely sell for a pretty penny.

This particular 300 SEL 6.3's known history starts in 1990, when it was purchased by Dan Smith, a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast who was on the hunt for the finest 300 SEL 6.3 in the world. He employed MBI Motor of Portland, Oregon to completely restore the car to the highest possible level, regardless of cost. Throughout the lengthy restoration, many new-old-stock parts were fitted.

In addition, the Canepa listing confirms the original 6.3-liter engine was rebuilt and upgraded for maximum performance. It now features 10:1 compression pistons, port-matched and angle-cut cylinder heads, AMG camshafts and custom exhaust headers, increasing the horsepower "substantially".

Moreover, the transmission and rear axle were rebuilt, the front suspension and steering box were replaced, and 15-inch wheels were fitted, while the body was stripped back and repainted in the original finish. MBI Motor also re-trimmed the leather interior.

In 2013, the car was purchased by a son for his father's birthday. Four years later, it was purchased by "one of the foremost car collectors in the world" and taken to Canepa to be inspected and serviced. Over a three-month period, the car received new brake rotors and pads, and enjoyed an engine tune up, fluids change, air conditioning system repair, chassis lubrication, new engine mounts, and a complete concours-level detail.

Canepa is selling the car with the owner's manuals, service documents, tools, jack, and spare wheel.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/07/1969-mercedes-benz-300-sel-6-3-is-the-epitome-of-elegance/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

shp4man

Soup DeVille

The retired doctor down the road from me has one- his daily driver is an 850CSi, and I just found out yesterday he keeps a 328GTS too...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

A base 250S, which looks less sporty and a tad more simpler and elegant IMO. The body-colored hubcaps also account for that.

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 27, 2020, 05:13:10 PM
The retired doctor down the road from me has one- his daily driver is an 850CSi, and I just found out yesterday he keeps a 328GTS too...

Dream garage!  :wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 28, 2020, 08:30:35 AM
A base 250S, which looks less sporty and a tad more simpler and elegant IMO. The body-colored hubcaps also account for that.

I agree.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."