GTI is gone....

Started by CALL_911, May 13, 2019, 06:54:20 PM

dazzleman

Sweet car man!  Best of luck and lots of fun with it.  :rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Will

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 30, 2019, 12:51:59 PM

Looks good!  Is it the AWD model?  I didn't even know manual 340i xDrives existed.  Must look into this.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15101379/2016-bmw-340i-xdrive-test-review/

And now I want to drive one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

They were made in really small volume.  Typically only a handful for sale around the country around a given time.  And to find one with good options is really hard.  Rohan got an awesome one here (M-sport package, a decent color, non-poverty spec infotainment screen)
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on December 31, 2019, 09:46:04 AM
They were made in really small volume.  Typically only a handful for sale around the country around a given time.  And to find one with good options is really hard.  Rohan got an awesome one here (M-sport package, a decent color, non-poverty spec infotainment screen)

Yeah, lots of research left to do.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

I would imagine a good chunk of vehicles in similar configurations are custom-order from the factory. That's how I had to get a black on black A4 with a manual.  Had to wait 3 months...worth it.

CALL_911

Oh man this car was a pain in the ass to find. The last one didn't have any of the sport shit, was easier to find. This thing is getting shipped to me from St. Louis. I think it'll be worth it though

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 31, 2019, 03:14:48 PM
Oh man this car was a pain in the ass to find. The last one didn't have any of the sport shit, was easier to find. This thing is getting shipped to me from St. Louis. I think it'll be worth it though

Definitely worth it.  It looks really sweet.  Enjoy the new wheels!  :rockon:  When do you get it?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Laconian

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 31, 2019, 03:14:48 PM

Got a covered transport truck picked out? BTW, if you use something like uShip, make SURE you give them a junk email address and that you don't care about. Maybe a Google Voice number too. You'll get spam for MONTHS.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on January 01, 2020, 01:22:53 PM
Got a covered transport truck picked out? BTW, if you use something like uShip, make SURE you give them a junk email address and that you don't care about. Maybe a Google Voice number too. You'll get spam for MONTHS.

Part of me wants to buy an old COE and do uShip runs when I want to.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 01, 2020, 01:36:44 PM
Part of me wants to buy an old COE and do uShip runs when I want to.

I wonder what the margins are like. I think it cost around a grand to ship my Miata from Colorado to WA.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on January 01, 2020, 07:17:30 AM
Definitely worth it.  It looks really sweet.  Enjoy the new wheels!  :rockon:  When do you get it?

Thanks a lot, Dave. Hopefully this one will be around a lot longer than a few months.... everyone at work has been shitting on me for totalling the last one.

One of the biggest complaints I had with the last one was its soft suspension. This one should be quite a bit better to drive. I would've liked to get the suspension and brakes without the M-sport crap, but I'm not complaining at all.

Should get it around the 10th of January. There's still some paperwork to be filled out, but the money is transferred and as soon as they get the final papers in hand, it'll be put on the truck. This process has been pretty expensive.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on January 01, 2020, 01:47:59 PM
I wonder what the margins are like. I think it cost around a grand to ship my Miata from Colorado to WA.

That would depend entirely on the vehicle and number of miles/year.

I'd do it and barely break even because I wouldn't run enough. I used to live next to a guy who supported his family driving a four place trailer and a Dodge 3500, so it can be done: but I'm not interested in that.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CALL_911

Replacement has arrived. I like it a lot more than the old one. This suspension is a huge huge upgrade from the standard one. The brakes look great, but will probably of limited value for me. I like the M-sport steering wheel and I like the car's looks a lot more (even if I'd probably skip the M-sport crap if I bought this new). I'm limping around on summer tires for now (what the car shipped on), and winters will be coming tomorrow.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 13, 2020, 08:38:49 PM

Replacement has arrived. I like it a lot more than the old one. This suspension is a huge huge upgrade from the standard one. The brakes look great, but will probably of limited value for me. I like the M-sport steering wheel and I like the car's looks a lot more (even if I'd probably skip the M-sport crap if I bought this new). I'm limping around on summer tires for now (what the car shipped on), and winters will be coming tomorrow.

Best of luck, man!   :rockon:  Have fun with it, but don't fucking wreck this one... :lol:

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SJ_GTI

Looks great, i dig those wheels.

GoCougs

Looks good - I can finally see the pics. Blue calipers are a nice touch. The gauges on the new M340i are a disaster - never should have ditched the classic BMW layout.